TTY: Universal Music, the approach made to David Joseph, since denied by David Joseph

I've read it over and over and I don't see a denial. Just plans for the future and the fact they aren't releasing any songs by any artist concerning Paris. All John is saying is that he thinks it's a good idea, but he needs to know where the proceeds will go and he needs to hear from Morrissey and not Boz.

It's not a denial.

Ryan, just look at the name of the song ......... that says it all . Please don't be a bone head. The terrorists don't love western culture much less Moz .

It could have gone to number one. After every terrorist attack the song would be remade to suit for example 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Calcutta'. That too would go to number one.

Morrissey would sell millions of records. Children would unwrap for Christmas big-headed Morrissey dolls around the globe.

The world would finally listen. He'd get a record deal. Taylor Swift would invite him to duet at her next concert singing 'This Is Not Your Country'

Morrissey would be listened to. The world would turn vegan. Violence would end. There would be no more pain in Bahrain.

The circus, the zoo, the bull-torture ... would all be gently bombed back to the Stone Age.

World tour, media whore, displease the terrorists in Belgium...the Paris bombings were a drag but this song not being released (available record stores) well we are SHOCKED!

So, basically, David Joseph isn't interested in re-releasing it under Universal, but would favour "licenc[ing] the song back for eg a release for proceeds to relevant charities" (i.e. allowing a third-party to officially distribute it in their stead, assuming the proceeds go to charity - something neither Morrissey nor Boz clarified). Sounds reasonable to me.

"Name the charity? I was thinking about giving it to the milk-cows with chapped teats foundation because while milk isn't exactly murder, it is murder on the teats. I mean, just look at the teats on I'm throwing my arms around Paris. Positively devastated from all of the milking."

It would have cost Universal Music virtually nothing to re-issue 'Paris', and what is more, it would have been both fitting AND shown the Universal in good light. If it had been a Sam Smith song, you can bet your bottom dollar that it would be in the shops RIGHT NOW in every format going. Instead, David Joseph refused to re-issue ITMAAP purely on the basis that it is a song by Morrissey; a man who has publicly slagged off Joesph's bezzy mate, Steve Barnett. Joseph's offer to perhaps let Morrissey release the song through a third party is simply him taking the piss. Joseph knows FULL WELL that A) Morrissey doesn't have a record company to issue it for him, and B) That as a self release it would go completely unnoticed a la Kiss Me A Lot.

Morrissey has every right to feel pissed off with Universal, and must be wondering just where to turn. At least he can rely on his fans for backing and support..... oh, actually, he can't, well not around here at any rate.

Carry on slagging him off you vile c**ts, but don't any of you dare moan once he's gone. Actually, of course you won't! Remind me again, WHY do you come here? WHY? What is the point?

Doug Fresh
Bartender at The Loveless

I've read it over and over and I don't see a denial. Just plans for the future and the fact they aren't releasing any songs by any artist concerning Paris. All John is saying is that he thinks it's a good idea, but he needs to know where the proceeds will go and he needs to hear from Morrissey and not Boz.

It's not a denial.

I don't see a "Yes, let's do it" either. Nor do I see a response from David Joseph.

David Joseph refused to re-issue ITMAAP purely on the basis that it is a song by Morrissey; a man who has publicly slagged off Joesph's bezzy mate, Steve Barnett. Joseph's offer to perhaps let Morrissey release the song through a third party is simply him taking the piss. Joseph knows FULL WELL that A) Morrissey doesn't have a record company to issue it for him, and B) That as a self release it would go completely unnoticed a la Kiss Me A Lot.

There you have it. Nobody wants to work with him after decades of public shit talking and back stabbing. The catty prima donna act only gets you so far, and gets less attractive with each year. Morrissey had a comeback with Quarry, because he was sensible enough to kick back and let people miss him for a few years. When Quarry landed, and was a success, it seems that it went straight to his mouth, and he's spent the years between then and now in some progressively sad arrested development where he sees fit to trash anybody he pleases, and it's caught up. This is truly a sad way to see him end up, and he seems hell bent on alienating the whole world. Ugh. This is what happens when people pay too much attention to the man behind the curtain.

"Name the charity? I was thinking about giving it to the milk-cows with chapped teats foundation because while milk isn't exactly murder, it is murder on the teats. I mean, just look at the teats on I'm throwing my arms around Paris. Positively devastated from all of the milking."

He could give the money to a charity run by the singer/songwriter Brian Pern who raises money for a charity for bi-polar polar bears.

It would have cost Universal Music virtually nothing to re-issue 'Paris', and what is more, it would have been both fitting AND shown the Universal in good light. If it had been a Sam Smith song, you can bet your bottom dollar that it would be in the shops RIGHT NOW in every format going. Instead, David Joseph refused to re-issue ITMAAP purely on the basis that it is a song by Morrissey; a man who has publicly slagged off Joesph's bezzy mate, Steve Barnett. Joseph's offer to perhaps let Morrissey release the song through a third party is simply him taking the piss. Joseph knows FULL WELL that A) Morrissey doesn't have a record company to issue it for him, and B) That as a self release it would go completely unnoticed a la Kiss Me A Lot.

Morrissey has every right to feel pissed off with Universal, and must be wondering just where to turn. At least he can rely on his fans for backing and support..... oh, actually, he can't, well not around here at any rate.

Carry on slagging him off you vile c**ts, but don't any of you dare moan once he's gone. Actually, of course you won't! Remind me again, WHY do you come here? WHY? What is the point?

Doug Fresh
Bartender at The Loveless

You've reached the end of your session Doug. Please pay at reception. Would you like to make an appointment for next week? Same time? Mmmmm

Can we see the letter now?

BOZ BOORER

JESSE TOBIAS
GUSTAVO MANZUR
MATTHEW IRA WALKER
MANDO LOPEZ.

I didn't know that Mando Lopez played on ...anything yet.

Well, this is an all time low.
There really is nothing left to save now, is there?

No No, this could well be the future.

A retired recording artist, an occasional performer and a full time controversialist.

"In the absence of a record label
I travel less all over the place
And I have decided
I'm becoming an increasingly desperate attention seeking lil' twat
Because only YouTube and Grey Goose vodka accept my love."

Some of you people don't see it when the proof is right there. The song itself was supposed to be the tribute. No mention of charity because the charity was Morrissey. He was supposed to have a number one hit, based solely on the word 'Paris' being in the title.

If charity was the plan that would have been included in the initial email. I think it's hard to believe for some of you that Morrissey was sitting there hearing about terror attacks in Paris and thinking "this could work in my favour" but that is exactly what is made specifically clear by this message. "How could you not see the opportunity!"

The reason Boz sent the letter is because Morrissey did something when he thought he would never need to be on good terms again. It seems that the part about not hearing directly from Morrissey might have actually been a tactful way to state the facts and not some sort of evasion of the truth.

Anyway, this is going to make it harder for a lot of people to be Morrissey fans. Sad.

I told you so, nobody can can say they weren't warned about Silly Steven.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Poor Boz, this has shades of the 'I hate to throw wood on an already blazing fire but I am afraid I cannot sit back and watch this slander' message he was forced to post under his name after Morrissey threw KY under the tour bus. The poor sod is obviously being dictated to, as the egotistical style "Any other artist would be number 1 with this song RIGHT NOW" prose style is clearly in narcissistic Moz speak - this is the same sort of language Morrissey used in that leaked email raging to the record execs at the chart performance of 'The Youngest Was the Most Loved', rather than the affable Boz.

Universal's letter seems like the very height of reasonable and politeness, and undeserving of Morrissey's public bitching. His leaking of it just makes him look a fool. Not want to release any tribute records in light of one of their staff actually being killed is fair enough, as is the offer to arrange to license it back to Morrissey for him to release it via someone else.

Why, Lord - oh why - is Morrissey SUCH a tool these days?

When Moz appeared on the show of James Cordon there was a guy who made this on close-up photo of him. I later heard a podcast where this guy described the experience. It had been nothing but bewilderment apparently. He said that he was lead to a room by security and when he arrived there was even more security. They told him to go into the room where Moz was waiting already. He entered the room and there was Moz standing in front of a white wall, already positioned in pose for the photoshoot. He didn't say anything so the guy just started taking photos. When he had finished, Moz just said "Tank you" and that was it. No chat, no eye-contact, just an insecure Moz once the job had been done. The photographer expressed his impression that someone must have told Moz where and how to stand but couldn't work out why such simple things have to be pointed out to someone. I can't find the podcast any longer but I remember that I was quite shocked when I heard that. At this point I honestly believe that everyone hides something about Moz. I don't know what but there is something.

No No, this could well be the future.

A retired recording artist, an occasional performer and a full time controversialist.

"In the absence of a record label
I travel less all over the place
And I have decided
I'm becoming an increasingly desperate attention seeking lil' twat
Because only YouTube and Grey Goose vodka accept my love."

Welcome to the Beginner's Guide on how not to get a record deal -

Morrissey: Hey David Joseph go f*** yourself!

David Joseph: Yes you've made you've made yourself plain, yes you've made yourself very plain

A nation of record companies turn their backs and gag

Don't you see it Ryan? How can you not? The song has Paris in the title AND in the lyrics.
It's surely the perfect tribute.
You see? I was right in my decision to never tour the UK again. The proof is here for all to see, those vile UK record company execs won't even re-issue my Paris single.
It could have been my first #1, it SHOULD have been my first #1.
Tut-tut.
:lbf::o

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom