TTY: Universal Music, the approach made to David Joseph, since denied by David Joseph

I've read it over and over and I don't see a denial. Just plans for the future and the fact they aren't releasing any songs by any artist concerning Paris. All John is saying is that he thinks it's a good idea, but he needs to know where the proceeds will go and he needs to hear from Morrissey and not Boz.

It's not a denial.

The letter sounds nothing like the way Morrissey writes and why his security and not Moz sending the letter. It sounds fake.

The letter sounds nothing like the way Morrissey writes and why his security and not Moz sending the letter. It sounds fake.

You think so? Well you're wrong. It was real, and he got his solicitors on the case. How's those tinted specs working out for you?

You think so? Well you're wrong. It was real, and he got his solicitors on the case. How's those tinted specs working out for you?

That's a great email. I knew he was obsessed with himself but I never knew it stretched this far. His career now kind of reminds me of that Simpsons episode - A Fish Called Selma, where Moz plays Troy McClure who's on a downward spiral and will do just about anything to stay in the limelight.

Morrissey is sadly in the phases of a white dwarf, he used to burn so brightly, he lost his dignity years ago and stopped being a creative force then as well.

That email though. What a cracker, thanks.

And yet, the self-obsessed hectoring tone sounds identical to the letter Boz 'supposedly' wrote on TTY.

"By my very presence alone (music apart), my time is Now."

"Any other artist would be number 1 with this song RIGHT NOW."

Do you really not think that Boz's message was dictated, and that Morrissey is not behind both? Do you think Boz would dare do anything without Morrissey commanding it?

It's not pleasant to see behind the mask that Morrissey puts out in public, so I can understand why it is hard for some people to face, but all evidence points towards this being what he's like in real-life. Deal with it.

needless to say, sanctuary passed on extending his deal. very funny email. i like it how he expects merck to know who eddie is.

i can see him ranting and raving while typing or telling boz what to type. like in that video of hitler ranting inside his bunker.

3 times he asked toby. LOL and nothing from Toby.

are you out of it? how cannot it be moz if hes claiming copyright on it? how do you function in the real world?

And how do you know it is really from Morrissey? How do you know?

Take off your angry glassses Skinny
Morrissey's lawyers---not Ed Mendoza's---had the letter removed for copyright infringement. Not libel, or anything else indicating the letter was defamatory, fake or written by an impostor, but copyright infringement. They claimed Morrissey as copyright holder, meaning that the email belonged to Morrissey and was published here without his permission, and requested its removal on those grounds. Does this need to be spelled out further?

I'm interested in why you think it's not from Morrissey. What qualities do you see here that don't fit your idea of who Morrissey is?

I think it's funny how it's being printed on an employee's computer, so that it goes through an intermediary, sort of like how the message from Morrissey to Universal goes through Boz. The emphasis on a guaranteed number one record is also very similar. The reliance on publicity generated through, in the earlier email, remarks made about animal rights, is similar to the reliance on the word "Paris" in the title of the "tribute: song. It's clear to me that Morrissey wrote both letters, or at least dictated them, but I'm interested in how your impression of Morrissey would make you think he wouldn't do this.

That's a great email. I knew he was obsessed with himself but I never knew it stretched this far. His career now kind of reminds me of that Simpsons episode - A Fish Called Selma, where Moz plays Troy McClure who's on a downward spiral and will do just about anything to stay in the limelight.

Morrissey is sadly in the phases of a white dwarf, he used to burn so brightly, he lost his dignity years ago and stopped being a creative force then as well.

That email though. What a cracker, thanks.
hhaha troy mclure. Do you think the humasexual thing is a front for a fish fetish

needless to say, sanctuary passed on extending his deal. very funny email. i like it how he expects merck to know who eddie is.

i can see him ranting and raving while typing or telling boz what to type. like in that video of hitler ranting inside his bunker.

3 times he asked toby. LOL and nothing from Toby.

I have seen a few of those bunker videos for themed situations. I'm surprised we haven't seen one of a morrissey/solo style rant. That would be hilarious. Please someone with skills, do it.

I have seen a few of those bunker videos for themed situations. I'm surprised we haven't seen one of a morrissey/solo style rant. That would be hilarious. Please someone with skills, do it.

i was thinking the same thing. surely with the talent here a spectacular moz in the bunker updated video can be made.

damon, braindamage,boz you stay everyone else out. LOL

a week of animal rights publicity and this is what i get? the album zooming down the record charts?
someone has to do it.

all the trolls are coming out to play. because little morrissey made a letter.

By claiming copyright, even Morrissey says Morrissey wrote it. Take off your rose-tinted spectacles and face reality, for f***'s sake.

Morrissey's lawyers---not Ed Mendoza's---had the letter removed for copyright infringement. Not libel, or anything else indicating the letter was defamatory, fake or written by an impostor, but copyright infringement. They claimed Morrissey as copyright holder, meaning that the email belonged to Morrissey and was published here without his permission, and requested its removal on those grounds. Does this need to be spelled out further?

I don't know why you guys still try with AgathaC, she is just as stubborn and crazy as moz himself

ringleade zoomed down from no 1 faster than any other song in pop history. LOL

who is jed and why is he living large in 5 star hotels at moz expense?

I understand where he is coming from. Imagine (can you?) you were the artist. You put your heart and soul into it and now it's their part to do their job - promotion, etc. Would you be so kind knowing they don't even try to do their part? They are all feasting on him like piranhas.

I understand where he is coming from. Imagine (can you?) you were the artist. You put your heart and soul into it and now it's their part to do their job - promotion, etc. Would you be so kind knowing they don't even try to do their part? They are all feasting on him like piranhas.

It's impossible to know precisely what they were or weren't doing, but at the time this email was written, Morrissey had just had the biggest hit of his whole career (number three is the UK and top ten in various countries) and a number one album. That doesn't make it blindingly obvious that Sanctuary were not doing a good job for him. And, historically speaking, number 14 for a Morrissey single that has spread been on an album is not at all bad.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom