Two Andy Rourke co-writes being played on this tour. Could it be...

I somehow really don't think that is the case — even if Andy is getting something out of it. I bet if Morrissey had ever written a song with Mike Joyce in the past — and it was halfway decent — he'd trot it out at some point, like he's doing with the Rourke co-writes. To me it seems like these things come down less to if he likes who he wrote the songs with (didn't he go two decades without so much as talking to Stephen Street?) and more about if he likes the song.

The timing feels like it needs some explanation, though. Those two songs were in Morrisseys live set in 1991/92. I don't know the precise chronology of the court case, but I think it may have been in 1992 when Joyce and Rourke started proper proceedings. It's when Morrissey started slagging them off in interviews, anyway. They the two songs re-appear, both at the same time, 22 years later. Have any other Morrissey b-sides been resurrected like that after 22 years?

good question :thumb: but no, I don't believe there is any warming up to AR involved :straightface:
when the "reunion" tour happens, and it will, we all know it :cool: $
then it will be Morrissey & Marr supported by some "supergroup" :guitar:

Last edited:
One of these days he is doing to go for all that money he's offered for a reunion, especially if he can't get insurance fr a European tour.

Morrissey will never ever work with Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce again. Morrissey's autobiography speaks for itself about that.

If The Smiths ever get back together it will just be Morrissey and Johnny Marr.

Morrissey is well aware both Rourke and Joyce want The Smiths to get back together purely for the money.

Back
Top Bottom