UK Chart Position statement - Morrissey Central (31 May, 2019)

UK Chart Position. - Morrissey Central
May 31, 2019

"Given the inexhaustible Hate Campaign executed against me by The Guardian and their followers, I am pleased with the UK chart position for "California son".
BUT WHO WILL GUARD US FROM THE GUARDIAN?
No one, it seems.

It is worth noting that their chief antagonist in this Hate Campaign is someone I took to court some years ago for writing lies about me. He lost his court battle then, and now he's seeking his personal revenge by using The Guardian, who have been harassing everyone and anyone connected with my music imploring them to say something terrible about me for print. This is the open face of Soviet Britain.
Please do not buy this wretched hate-paper, whose every 2019 utterance echoes the late Mary Whitehouse.
It is the voice of all that is wrong and sad about modern Britain."

MORRISSEY
31 May 2019.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/uk-chart-position

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I rate him higher than you then, cos #7 isn’t acceptable, and top 10 isn’t a success. It’s f***in embarrassing, and his statement smacks of embarrassment and excuses. Anyway I don’t care, chart positioning isn’t gonna make the album any less shit.

How the hell is top 10 not a success, you maniac?

No one, no artist worldwide, sells as much today as they did at the beginning of this century. Album sales have collapsed. Another plain fact there, widely known.

You can't compare with the start of the century but you can with 18 months ago.
In fact LIHS (25,000) jumped up from World Peace (18,000) - crashing to beneath 10,000 is a massive drop and does not reflect album sales trends, generally, over such a short time frame.

You hover the mouse cursor over the lines next to the song length, I think you can only do it on the desktop app though
IMG_20190531_102620.jpg

You hover the mouse cursor over the lines next to the song length, I think you can only do it on the desktop app thoughView attachment 50035
Never knew that. Only have the app on my phone, but doesn't work there. I can only see the top-5, or indeed top-4 and the lastest single.
Interesting that It's Over, Morning Starship and Wedding Bell Blues all have atound 600,000-700,000 when the latter was/is clearly the bigger radio hit.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The article was factual and irrefutable. I see he fails to address a single factual part of the article, and instead launches a hanky-waving strop.

And all he has is is playground insults. Absolutely pathetic.

When he run out of facts, all he has left is insults. What an empty shell of a thing he's become.

But then we knew this day would come. Always someone else's fault, isn't it?
Three words to try a make you pause, and reflect; I implore you: Mark David Chapman.

The article was factual and irrefutable. I see he fails to address a single factual part of the article, and instead launches a hanky-waving strop.

And all he has is is playground insults. Absolutely pathetic.

When he run out of facts, all he has left is insults. What an empty shell of a thing he's become.

But then we knew this day would come. Always someone else's fault, isn't it?
Don’t waste time Moz explaining the Guardian, it’s written for weak unloved hateful souls like Skinflint lol. Some people (Uncle) would be wiser using these trolling times to get their prostrate checked lololol.:crazy:ps he loved you once and nothing like an ignored fan scorned lolololololololo

How the hell is top 10 not a success, you maniac?

Top 10 for Morrissey, is not a success. Anywhere from #5-8 isn’t even a success. I said the other day, he averages a 3.5 chart position across his 11 previous studio albums. Some flop, but the majority easily make top 3. Infact 6 of his 11 albums have been top 3! Another two have been #4. That’s the bar. You should be judged against your biggest successes. You’re just another docile fan who’s stretching the parameters of mediocrity even further, till one day you’ll be saying, “how the f*** is top 40 not a success!”

The guardian?

Who?

I know Morrissey but who is the guardian?

I presume they're one of those rags that many believe to tell the truth?

UK Chart Position. - Morrissey Central
May 31, 2019

"Given the inexhaustible Hate Campaign executed against me by The Guardian and their followers, I am pleased with the UK chart position for "California son".
BUT WHO WILL GUARD US FROM THE GUARDIAN?
No one, it seems.

It is worth noting that their chief antagonist in this Hate Campaign is someone I took to court some years ago for writing lies about me. He lost his court battle then, and now he's seeking his personal revenge by using The Guardian, who have been harassing everyone and anyone connected with my music imploring them to say something terrible about me for print. This is the open face of Soviet Britain.
Please do not buy this wretched hate-paper, whose every 2019 utterance echoes the late Mary Whitehouse.
It is the voice of all that is wrong and sad about modern Britain."

MORRISSEY
31 May 2019.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/uk-chart-position

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Top 10 for Morrissey, is not a success. Anywhere from #5-8 isn’t even a success. I said the other day, he averages a 3.5 chart position across his 11 previous studio albums. Some flop, but the majority easily make top 3. Infact 6 of his 11 albums have been top 3! Another two have been #4. That’s the bar. You should be judged against your biggest successes. You’re just another docile fan who’s stretching the parameters of mediocrity even further, till one day you’ll be saying, “how the f*** is top 40 not a success!”
Again, how many artists have had back to back success with UK top 10-albums for 35 years going? And how many artists that you are fan of?
It's really a simple question.

And you don't even take into account that it is a covers album. I've spoken many fans, on here and in the real world, who don't buy this one because it has no new original Moz-songs. So yes, top 10 is fine, top-5 is certainly a success.

I can't do that right now. So again, how do those figures compare with other top album tracks right now?
How is that even relevant?! Morrissey has never been a blockbuster crossover success. There’s always been a ton of bands and artists who’ve outsold him.
And getting to the top 10, selling about 10k the first week, in this day and age, with a covers album and awful press at that, is very good. You don’t have to be a die hard Moz fanatic to agree with this. It’s not a controversial statement by any stretch of the imagination.

I get that most of you on here are disappointed in some of Morrissey’s choices of late, but for f***’s sake LIGHTEN UP. The amount of negativity, pessimism and downright trolling on here is enough to put a damper on just about anything.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom