UK General Election 2015

It was roughly 37% UK, but in England 41%

Oh, and some people think the map resembles this
Maggie-Simpson-icon.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think an Additional Member system would suit us quite well.

Yeah PR, VR etc always seems more fair but the overriding question is whether it will lead to a weaker government and allow extremists in etc. I know AMS is different but isn't there an argument about decoy lists or something, where parties can skew things?

Yeah PR, VR etc always seems more fair but the overriding question is whether it will lead to a weaker government and allow extremists in etc. I know AMS is different but isn't there an argument about decoy lists or something, where parties can skew things?

I think that system would suit us so well is because it is a mixture of what we have and a system where the votes would be shared out. You vote for a local representative and a party. This is a double win as you might have a brilliant candidate in your area that you wouldn't vote for at the moment as you're likely to vote on party lines that you could vote for under this system as your other vote would be for the party. Then you'd still have your MP but you'd have PR on the Party vote. You'd have to have a reordering of the MP areas but I don't see an issue with that. It would also be a good chance to have the boarders drawn independently rather than by Gerrymandering.

For me it would get people voting again and it would mean that your vote wouldn't be wasted. On the extremist point, we've got laws legislating against racism, homophobia, etc, I don't see it as an issue. In a democracy we should all be represented, not just 30 odd per cent of us. Weak government? I've lived under a couple of strong governments and some of that wasn't too pretty. The people who want a strong government are those that hold power, most of us are probably a bit more moderate.

I think that system would suit us so well is because it is a mixture of what we have and a system where the votes would be shared out. You vote for a local representative and a party. This is a double win as you might have a brilliant candidate in your area that you wouldn't vote for at the moment as you're likely to vote on party lines that you could vote for under this system as your other vote would be for the party. Then you'd still have your MP but you'd have PR on the Party vote. You'd have to have a reordering of the MP areas but I don't see an issue with that. It would also be a good chance to have the boarders drawn independently rather than by Gerrymandering.

For me it would get people voting again and it would mean that your vote wouldn't be wasted. On the extremist point, we've got laws legislating against racism, homophobia, etc, I don't see it as an issue. In a democracy we should all be represented, not just 30 odd per cent of us. Weak government? I've lived under a couple of strong governments and some of that wasn't too pretty. The people who want a strong government are those that hold power, most of us are probably a bit more moderate.

But isn't there always an issue of not having the local MP you voted in representing you? So you wouldn't have 'your' MP?

But isn't there always an issue of not having the local MP you voted in representing you? So you wouldn't have 'your' MP?

You'd have two votes, one for your local MP and one for your party of choice. So you'd get a local MP and you'd get members of parliament that were elected on a party divided PR basis. So when say UKIP and the Greens get a good chunk of the votes they would still be represented as long as they were chosen for people's party vote.

The UK election system is what it is cause of how Britain is set up. Things there are done in very complicated ways and there are traditions and manners there that make no sense and have long been outdated elsewhere yet the british keep them close to heart. Great Britain must be the only place on the earth that manage not to become modern despite the modern times completely dominating the rest of the world. The british may have mobiles and modern cars but we all still expect it all to be wound up with a big wooden key on the backside to match the teeth of the ones living there that also seem to be made of wood. Visiting Britain makes you tired and you feel 20 years older and if it rains you smell like shit and you cannot drink the water on tap cause that is like drinking water from a public pool filled with cancerous chlorine. If you are unlucky to still have hair and take a shower the hair will turn green or feel like it has been turned into sandpaper. They have water pipes on the outside of houses which is great for a cold snap and people used to keep warm at the pub cause all the homes were drafty hell holes but now the pub is not the place anymore for most people for various reasons. You cannot trust anyone from Britain working in an office as they are known worldwide for promising a lot and never delivering. The election system reflects all the things that is wrong with modern day Britain that will never become modern but as long as their economy is doing well the british will ignore the problems and hope that someone else solves those problems for them.

When is see pic like that......... I support labour, but the muppets supporting Labour

image.jpg

Down with this sort of thing, is that all that you have got to say? And they ridiculous outfit.

Whats next a sign with the world" isis, can't we all just live in harmony"

When is see pic like that......... I support labour, but the muppets supporting Labour

View attachment 34171

Down with this sort of thing, is that all that you have got to say? And they ridiculous outfit.

No, next is "Careful now."

View attachment 34171

:confused:
What makes you to think the woman in the middle is a Labour Party supporter?

You seem to misunderstand something in here.

Last edited:
Father Ted reference lost

I know.... and i consider myself a big Father Ted fan.

- - - Updated - - -

You clearly misunderstand it.

Yes, it's anti-Tory government protest took place in Wales.
The woman might be a Labour supporter, but she can be a supporter of Welsh party Plaid Cymru or some other party.
I rephrased it to be on the safe side, as you see in my previous post, taking out any refrence to her being a Labour supporter. But i'm positiv that she is a Labour supporter. Thats why i wrote it in my first post :)

Good catch though, one can never be sure. The point was that a part of labours defeat, were that they were seen as a bit, weak, unrealistic and not serious
Hell now i want to find her and ask her who she supports.

You clearly misunderstand it.

Yes, it's anti-Tory government protest took place in Wales.
The woman might be a Labour supporter, but she can be a supporter of Welsh party Plaid Cymru or some other party.

The report doesn't say that the woman is a Labour supporter, you cannot generalise it.

I changed it, did you see that part, right after.

The UK election system is what it is cause of how Britain is set up. Things there are done in very complicated ways and there are traditions and manners there that make no sense and have long been outdated elsewhere yet the british keep them close to heart. Great Britain must be the only place on the earth that manage not to become modern despite the modern times completely dominating the rest of the world. The british may have mobiles and modern cars but we all still expect it all to be wound up with a big wooden key on the backside to match the teeth of the ones living there that also seem to be made of wood. Visiting Britain makes you tired and you feel 20 years older and if it rains you smell like shit and you cannot drink the water on tap cause that is like drinking water from a public pool filled with cancerous chlorine. If you are unlucky to still have hair and take a shower the hair will turn green or feel like it has been turned into sandpaper. They have water pipes on the outside of houses which is great for a cold snap and people used to keep warm at the pub cause all the homes were drafty hell holes but now the pub is not the place anymore for most people for various reasons. You cannot trust anyone from Britain working in an office as they are known worldwide for promising a lot and never delivering. The election system reflects all the things that is wrong with modern day Britain that will never become modern but as long as their economy is doing well the british will ignore the problems and hope that someone else solves those problems for them.

Britain has a lot in common with the United States. Everyone slags it off, yet the world and his wife are queuing to get in.

Britain has a lot in common with the United States. Everyone slags it off, yet the world and his wife are queuing to get in.

The same can be said about a host of countries with Sweden topping the most desired country chart among refugees. You are comparing pears with apples my friend.

Fecking hell i hate Cameron. He will make life a living hell for so many people

Back
Top Bottom