Unconventional Moz lyrics

9 x Fined

nevermind
What are some of your favorite Moz phrases or lyrics that you wouldn't really consider typically "Moz sounding"?

For example.

"I see the world, it makes me puke..."
"I've had my face dragged in 15 miles of shit"

etc

Last edited:
The mooning line out of Forgiven Jesus. Ugh.

For example.

:rolleyes: those are my least favorite lyrics!

I always thought this was a silly line...(not that it doesn't rawk)

...I would happily lose both of my legs .... if it meant you could be free...

no you wouldn't, Morrissey! :rolleyes::p

I'm not too crazy with this line:

"but what they really need to say is
Get back to the ghetto"

America Is Not The World is my least favorite altogether. Especially when it's so delicate musicalle then moz comes in singing about hamburgers. Lyrics/lyricas arrangement is horrible on that track.

America Is Not The World is my least favorite altogether. Especially when it's so delicate musicalle then moz comes in singing about hamburgers. Lyrics/lyricas arrangement is horrible on that track.

I agree. First track too, totally turned me off the album altogether.

I don't understand the indifference to that song, bold to say the least.. especially as an album opener. Such a sweet melody and incredibly poignant lyrics.

I remember Moz being asked about using the word "hamburger".

"I've waited years to get that in."

Haha.

I think America is a good song. The lyrics are blunt, but that's how the US of A made him feel at that point in time.

There are still some effective lines in there such as "Steely blue eyes with no love in them/Scan the world" and a nice vocal melody.

Still, a case of the music outshining the lyrics I think.

Overall I think the lyrics of At Last I Am Born are more theatrical than usual for Morrissey. Almost as if they were written for a musical. Another song that's each to his own, but the haters can't really articulate what they don't like about it.

For some reason the lyrics to "King Leer" always made me giggle, its not your style...to dial. The way he sings it sounds like he's almost going to chuckle about it himself:D

And you didn't phone me
You didn't even phone me
Because it's not your style
To dial

For some reason the lyrics to "King Leer" always made me giggle, its not your style...to dial. The way he sings it sounds like he's almost going to chuckle about it himself:D

And you didn't phone me
You didn't even phone me
Because it's not your style
To dial

Yeah I love the King Leer lyric

I tried to surprise you
With Vodka
...or Tizer

I don’t need more ammunition
I’ve got more than I can spend
I don’t dwell on things I’m missing
I’m just pleased
With the things I’ve found

Seems to contradict the sentiment of almost all of his other lyrics...

Well, yes. But, the sentiment is atypical of lots of his other songs, all of which could be from someone elses point of view.

That's definitely one of the worst lyrics I've ever heard in my life! And it's such a shame because the rest of the song is relatively strong.

But I don't think any of his lyrics are unconventional.

What are some of your favorite Moz phrases or lyrics that you wouldn't really consider typically "Moz sounding"?

For example.

etc

Are these unconventional or just bad?

"Little children tell you that you smell"

Comes to mind here

Back
Top Bottom