Uncut magazine, May 2008 edition. Morrissey/Bowie content.

I am a Ghost

THE TOP 30 SONGS OF DAVID BOWIE
A stellar crew cherry-pick the Dame’s greatest tracks, with contributions from Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Morrissey, Alex Turner, Dave Grohl, Ricky Gervais and more...

Thanks for the heads up.

Possibly the article mentions 1997 tour and "Drive In Saturday".
Good publicity for Morrissey's new single.

He's refused to speak to Q since the mid 90's, he's fallen out with the NME, presumably he's no longer too keen on Word...
it's a revelation that there is still a UK music mag that he's willing to talk to!

Last edited:
This is all lovely and everything...but does there happen to be a gorgeous full page pic of moz that I could use as a poster? I don't think there will be...oh well (yes, i'm shallow as a puddle :p )

well it's out and Moz contributes all of two or three sentences!
talks about Drive in Saturday and the fact that he's covered (and recorded) it, and also can't resist a snipe at DB.
Marr also names his favourite Bowie song (Jean Genie, I think) with a slightly longer explanation...

Hi,
If you do decide to buy this month's Uncut magazine, make sure that you get the free Uncut miscellaneous facts/trivia booklet that comes with it as the final page is devoted to the letters that Moz sent in to the NME all those years ago.

(Uncut is actually made by the same people as NME, so it is a surprise that Moz still talks to them!)

Some scans from the steam-powered antique...
2441426782_928245e43d_o.jpg

2441426948_952ce1d1a9_o.jpg

2440596621_fcfc546084_b.jpg

Peter

Thanks, Peter.

LOL @ Moz "...then you may have the audacity to contradict me, you stupid sluts" :D

I love Bowie's Ashes to Ashes and Fashion ..."we are the goon squad and we're coming to town, beep beep" :guitar:

I love Bowie's Ashes to Ashes and Fashion ..."we are the goon squad and we're coming to town, beep beep" :guitar:

"I'm not Jermaine. I'm David Bowie from the Ahes to Ashes video..."

Conchords_106_Bowie.png

Name what the hell I'm talking about and win a prize :guitar:

THE TOP 30 SONGS OF DAVID BOWIE
A stellar crew cherry-pick the Dame’s greatest tracks, with contributions from Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Morrissey, Alex Turner, Dave Grohl, Ricky Gervais and more...

Whoa, I am all over that like white on rice. Watch out, Barnes & Noble!

Tags
article interview
Back
Top Bottom