Unexpected songs to return?

SweetnTenderYorkshireman

I wholeheartedly welcome Sunny" / "William.." "Break Up the Family" "Hairdresser on Fire" "Is it Really so Strange?" and the inclusion of "Dial a Cliché"!
I don't think many expected any of those songs to appear out of nowhere like that!
I never thought he would do "Sunny" ever again, it seemed like a song written for the time (wasn't it about Alain's brother or something? or have I gotten that very wrong?) and Alain's harmonies make it one of my favorite and most heart-string tugging Moz songs.
He seems to have reflected a little on some of the response to recent setlists, with there only being around 3 tracks from "LIHS" compared to the heavy set earlier this year, so what unexpected song choice do you hope emerges in the set?

I now have hope for…
"A Swallow on My Neck"
"These Things Take Time"
"I Don't Mind if You Forget Me"
"A Rush and a Push and The Land is Ours"

I have many, many songs which I'd love for him to do live - America Is Not The World, The Father Who Must Be Killed, Mute Witness, My Dearest Love... I know most of those have been done but certainly not in recent times and it would be great if they could be added to future sets!

I have quite a few...
- A Swallow On My Kneck
- The Ordinary Boys
- Reel Around The- Fountain
- I'm playing Easy To Get
- Striptease With A Difference
- Happy Lovers United
- Lifeguard On Duty
- The Public Image
- The Slum Mums
- Mute Witness
- Come Back To Camden
- Ammunition
- Well I Wonder
- Rusholme Ruffians
- Friday Mourning
- Sweetie Pie

Fingers crossed that one day we get Well I Wonder or I Won't Share You.

Art-Hounds, Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself, and Swallow on My Neck are songs I'd like to see in the setlist.

I have quite a few...
- A Swallow On My Kneck
- The Ordinary Boys
- Reel Around The- Fountain
- I'm playing Easy To Get
- Striptease With A Difference
- Happy Lovers United
- Lifeguard On Duty
- The Public Image
- The Slum Mums
- Mute Witness
- Come Back To Camden
- Ammunition
- Well I Wonder
- Rusholme Ruffians
- Friday Mourning
- Sweetie Pie

Not sure if it's just me, but does Morrissey choose songs in the set relating to how he is perceived in the wider world?
The UK tour amidst the recent controversies saw him perform "Hold on to Your Friends", just as many of his fans in the music world began to speak out against him. I wonder if the same could be applied to the recent inclusion of "Dial a Cliché"?
If so, I could maybe see "Ammunition" returning from your list. I too would love "Come Back to Camden", not sure he has the energy for "Mute Witness" ala Live in Dallas any longer though!

Last edited:
Not sure if it's just me, but does Morrissey chose songs in the set relating to how he is perceived in the wider world?
The UK tour amidst the recent controversies saw him perform "Hold on to Your Friends", just as many of his fans in the music world began to speak out against him. I wonder if the same could be applied to the recent inclusion of "Dial a Cliché"?
If so, I could maybe see "Ammunition" returning from your list. I too would love "Come Back to Camden", not sure he has the energy for "Mute Witness" ala Live in Dallas any longer though!
Yeah, I agree that it plays a huge impact on his setlist. Another prime example is the inclusion of the obscure "If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me".

I wholeheartedly welcome Sunny" / "William.." "Break Up the Family" "Hairdresser on Fire" "Is it Really so Strange?" and the inclusion of "Dial a Cliché"!
I don't think many expected any of those songs to appear out of nowhere like that!
I never thought he would do "Sunny" ever again, it seemed like a song written for the time (wasn't it about Alain's brother or something? or have I gotten that very wrong?) and Alain's harmonies make it one of my favorite and most heart-string tugging Moz songs.
He seems to have reflected a little on some of the response to recent setlists, with there only being around 3 tracks from "LIHS" compared to the heavy set earlier this year, so what unexpected song choice do you hope emerges in the set?

I now have hope for…
"A Swallow on My Neck"
"These Things Take Time"

Agreed Sweet & T.H. Would love to hear The Opperation , Southpaw and Nobody Loves Us and The Girl Least Likely To. And....

I now have hope for…
"A Swallow on My Neck"
"These Things Take Time"

I see what you’re saying, but if you’re not off to Latin America, what does it matter what he sings?

It doesn't I suppose. Just a bit of fun and speculation. I can always watch them if they are uploaded online.

Fair play
In that case.

Ammunition (although it wouldn’t be a return as it’s never been done)
Our Frank
Sunny
Dagenham Dave
I Want The One I Can’t Have (2011 seems a 100 years ago)
Shakespeares Sister
Headmaster
Do Your Best & Don’t Worry
Vulgar Picture
Poor Education
Nobody Loves Us

the edges are no longer parallel.lost,this is not your country.all from the same era.

The way I look at it is - if he chose to do something as obscure as “I Keep Mine Hidden” back in 2009, anything is possible.

One that hasn’t been done yet that I’d love to see and is a high possibility is “Christian Dior”.

My favourite solo song is “Ammunition”. Back when Moz did the Autobiography signing here in 2015 I asked if he’d play it - he said they had rehearsed it before but ultimately decided not to. So there’s definitely a chance for that, @Gaetano.

As for The Smiths track everyone wants, “Well I Wonder,” we must keep in mind (lyrical pun thoroughly intended) that a small portion of it was sung acapella during “Speedway” in the past, so that is in the realm of possibility as well. Like I said, though: if he was willing to pluck out “I Keep Mine Hidden,” it’s evident he’ll reach for anything if he fancies it. Maybe even “Tony The Pony” and “Get Off The Stage” for the laughs one of these days.

-THE OPERATION (Pretty please)
-King Leer
-We'll let you know (Suits current climate)
-Stretch Out And Wait
-Papa Jack (Again a relevant song to current times)
-Reader Meet Author
-Forgive Someone (Relevant)
-I don't owe you anything

WOOLY BULLY

Tags
setlist unlikely
Back
Top Bottom