Update on true-to-you.net - double pneumonia, Wash. DC sell out, Portland security

Update March 10 - true-to-you.net

Morrissey is presently being treated in San Francisco for "double pneumonia", but remains on course to headline the Vive Latino festival in Mexico City on March 14. Morrissey's show at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco will now take place on May 1. His show at Washington's National Theater for April 5 has sold out within eight seconds.

Morrissey has apologized for the "extreme and silly" venue security at Portland's Arlene Schnitzer Theater during his show there (March 8), commenting: "place an obese McDonalds fry-girl into a venue security uniform and she is suddenly Eva Braun."

Pneumonia is an infection in the lungs. Double pneumonia means it's in both lungs. I've had pneumonia before. Took me about 3 weeks to get fully over it (aka not coughing up blood anymore). Hope he feels better but this could be a long recovery. I really agree that he needs to just stop and heal up completely then give this tour another shot some other time.

As for the quotes, reading the note, it seems things TTY was told by Morrissey or his agent are quoted. Pretty standard.

-MR

Last edited:
Oh NO. That is, indeed, very serious. He should rest. He's not going to get over double Pneumonia in a couple of days. If he keeps pushing it, I'm afraid he's going to collapse again shortly. And, this time around, it will be twice, maybe three times worse than the first time. Poor Morrissey. :( :( :(

Moz has to rest, and cancel all tour 2013. He gave us the best of him in years, now, he has to rest !

I agree , if he really has pneumonia , he won't recover for thursday , and if he performs it's gonna have bad consequences ..
Shame for me and others that we bought tickets for this crap festival , we only wanted to see Mozz and I wonder if there's gonna be reimbursment.. Whatever .. He should've taken care of his healt before anything.

Re: Update on true-to-you.net - double pneumonia, Wash. DC sell out, Portland securit

He's not impressing anyone by continuing this tour and breaking down physically every three shows. I imagine everyone close to him is telling him to just let it go, pick it up in half a year or so at the least - and he's just ignoring them at the risk of his own health. Very unwise. He's surely going to end up doing some permanent damage to his health if he keeps on like this.

Re: Update on true-to-you.net - double pneumonia, Wash. DC sell out, Portland securit

Morrissey's latest hospitalization is now front page news at the Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/11/morrissey-hospitalized_n_2852479.html.

He's certainly getting a lot of press lately, but sadly not the good kind. Life on the road is tough and stressful for anyone at any age, and he's not alone in suffering serious health setbacks. This is worrying though.

All the best to him.

I would like it said that most obese fry girls are awesome.

Maybe he should stop touching all the stalkers in the front row every night (who must live squalid lifestyles).

A Z-Pack or two and he'll be felling better in no time.

(If this "diagnosis" is true, of course. He may have just thought "Why do the show now when I can just do it in 7 weeks when I'm back here again.)

Morrissey's latest hospitalization is now front page news at the Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/11/morrissey-hospitalized_n_2852479.html.

He's certainly getting a lot of press lately, but sadly not the good kind. Life on the road is tough and stressful for anyone at any age, and he's not alone in suffering serious health setbacks. This is worrying though.

All the best to him.

It is very worrying.

Well... :tears: Nothing to be said, but please get well.

I would like it said that most obese fry girls are awesome.

right on, gretchen!

anyway, i assumed the "double pneumonia" was a lloyd cole reference, too. or perhaps the subtext of the quotation marks is "because god forbid, the fates let up on me with just plain old regular pneumonia".

My 50 year old cousin just died from double pneumonia (she had underlying health issues). But it's nothing to mess around with.

He has double pneumonia and he's going to play in 3 days from now? How can he recover in time?? Something smells fishy Moz!

Please take care and get well soon, Morrissey my Love!

I'm praying for you Morrissey and hope you feel better soon.

Moz has to rest, and cancel all tour 2013. He gave us the best of him in years, now, he has to rest !

I agree, his body is telling him to slow down but he's not listening. I would die if anything happened to him. :(

Oh god this news has ruined my day! :-(
Please get better Moz
Whatever happens, we love you xxx

I'd also be curious to know if he's ordered the hospital not to give him any drugs that were tested on animals. Somehow I doubt it.

The man is a walking hypocrite (in leather shoes)...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom