Update on true-to-you.net - double pneumonia, Wash. DC sell out, Portland security

Update March 10 - true-to-you.net

Morrissey is presently being treated in San Francisco for "double pneumonia", but remains on course to headline the Vive Latino festival in Mexico City on March 14. Morrissey's show at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco will now take place on May 1. His show at Washington's National Theater for April 5 has sold out within eight seconds.

Morrissey has apologized for the "extreme and silly" venue security at Portland's Arlene Schnitzer Theater during his show there (March 8), commenting: "place an obese McDonalds fry-girl into a venue security uniform and she is suddenly Eva Braun."

Re: Update on true-to-you.net - double pneumonia, Wash. DC sell out, Portland securit

It took a lost weekend in a hotel in Amsterdam ...

Good, call. I thought of it as soon as I read it - my boy lloyd

Re: Update on true-to-you.net - double pneumonia, Wash. DC sell out, Portland securit

Why does Susan Blond always seem to have different info than true-to-you? I assume that all info disclosed at tty is by Morrissey's personal faxes/emails/texts.

He has double pneumonia but is going to play a concert in just a few days? Well, his recovery timetable is...optimistic to say the least.

According to a couple posts on Twitter, he was in SFO airport this morning headed for Los Cabos, Mexico.

I bet he's really resting at a Texaco.

What is with the media? They are so lame, with their news cycles! Morrissey says an outrageous (not really) thing, and then a couple of days later -- another, and then he cancels a show, and then every day from then on out the media has to run at least one Moz story. I wonder how long he will stay in the news like this? He hasn't been featured in US news sources day after day like this, ever.

He has double pneumonia but is going to play a concert in just a few days? Well, his recovery timetable is...optimistic to say the least.

No - he had "double pneumonia", not double pneumonia. The first is what someone might have said, the second is a real condition.

P.

I'd also be curious to know if he's ordered the hospital not to give him any drugs that were tested on animals. Somehow I doubt it.

The man is a walking hypocrite (in leather shoes)...

You're trying to make him into this but it isn't working. He loves animals, just accept that. He's not a hypocrite. Go channel your hate into a discussion of politics or something.

544530_10152202132750476_1846978741_n.png

Dear Morrissey, as much as I love seeing you every other year, please take a break from touring for the sake of your health and please stop hovering around death's door ... you're scaring the children.

However, I'm inclined to believe this quotation enclosed "double pneumonia" is some sort of obscure reference and not actually the disease (I think he's just winding the press up). I'm assuming his cancellation has something to do with his other medical condition. But I could be wrong, some cases of double pneumonia can turn out to be fairly mild and easily treatable if bacterial in origin. Yet, speaking as someone who was floored for 2 months by bronchitis and pleurisy and who sees patients with chest infections on a daily basis, I can attest to the fact that should Morrissey be suffering from any respiratory infection serious enough to warrant medical attention, it'd be a bloody miracle if he's singing on the 14th.

Whatever happens, I love you Moz.

Morrissey I know you have to tour because you love money....

Psssst, I have a way to make you a lot of money. Fire everyone you work with.

You have really talented and critically acclaimed musicians who are dying to write music for you. You have extremely talented producers waiting to sculpt your new songs. You don't have a lot of good years left in you.

You write your best lyrics when you have someone terrific writing your backing music. You are less inspired lyrically with boring arrangements and chord changes. You really should end your career on a high note. You need to out do the other famous international playboy. You need to stop being a greatest hits/oldies artist. Look what Scott Walker has done, not many people like it (except critics and me) but he is doing something totally fresh and interesting. You could do something like that too.

And guess what? When you start making classic songs again, record labels will offer you better deals! And you will have even larger audiences, including youngsters discovering the hip new you!

It's a little odd to have "double pneumonia" in quotation marks. Is that the actual diagnosis or someone's description of an ailment?

P.

I agree, unless it's some pretty good doctors that can cure double pneumonia in 4 days.

Having stated he's definitely playing Mexico in three day's time, I somehow doubt that - double jet-lag after "double pneumonia"?

P.

Oh god this news has ruined my day! :-(
Please get better Moz
Whatever happens, we love you xxx

Really hope his swift recovery. :pray:

get well soon. please rest and have a holiday.
the tour can wait. we can wait..
best wishes,
hazard
uk

How interesting ! The plot thickens ask your friend was he stretchered on the plane or did he walk on "the plane" with his own two legs ? Oh also what was the destination of "the plane" so I can get down Manchester airport and pap him if he's coming back North.

Pappa Atzi

Yeah, I know pneumonia is pretty serious, but double pneumonia??? How the hell is he supposed to play Mexico City in a few days? That is just insane. Most cursed tour ever. He should cancel Mexico, that is just ridiculous.

Illness and record companies conspire against Morrissey.

It is sounding very optimistic to be playing on the 14 of March after only just recovering from double pneumonia. It really would be best to take three months of to recover at home. Wherever that might be. When your immunity is down and travelling on the road, Morrissey is going to be prone to only ruining his health.

He might be going back to the UK to be looked after in his home country

I would think he us going to LA for a doctors Appointment. It seems that is where his primary doctors are these days. I imagine the doctor will probably chew him out for playing those gigs and touching everyone. In Davis se eral fans kissed him onstage, its really no wonder be picks up so many germs

:(He may not make Mexico City. Even if he stated he will, I dont see how he'll be better by then

Well, she also didn't know he was hospitalized the last time either.

I laugh every single time TTY scoops his own press agent.

well if he is really ill, mexican hospitals are the best

Dear Morrissey, as much as I love seeing you every other year, please take a break from touring for the sake of your health and please stop hovering around death's door ... you're scaring the children.

However, I'm inclined to believe this quotation enclosed "double pneumonia" is some sort of obscure reference and not actually the disease (I think he's just winding the press up). I'm assuming his cancellation has something to do with his other medical condition. But I could be wrong, some cases of double pneumonia can turn out to be fairly mild and easily treatable if bacterial in origin. Yet, speaking as someone who was floored for 2 months by bronchitis and pleurisy and who sees patients with chest infections on a daily basis, I can attest to the fact that should Morrissey be suffering from any respiratory infection serious enough to warrant medical attention, it'd be a bloody miracle if he's singing on the 14th.

It is a special kind of stupid that can deny the truth even when it is right in front of them...

It is a special kind of stupid that can deny the truth even when it is right in front of them...

He's in the final stages of AIDS?

Wishing morrissey a speedy recovery!

Get well soon x :)

I had pnewmonea as a child ! and I was very seriously Ill with it 4 months and on a life support machine so I know what its like! :(
But with having double newnonia means both lungs are infected as mentioned! not good!
Problem we have of course is the unpresidented rise in bacterail restistance 2 anti biotics these days :(!

They recken within a matter of only a few years ALL bactrial infections will be un-treatable with currant antibiotics!
The rise of the "super bugs" has really begun! :(

But the good news is there are lots of clever people, thank goodness, working on new antibiotics, so were one step ahead and will be ok! :)

And another bit of good news, all cancers will be curerable and preventable very soon 2! :) just a matter of years now!

Ive been studying alternate health therapies ect 4 years now!

But Id like morrissey and kristeen 2 cancel ALL concerts in the USA permantly!!!!, and just come back 2 the Uk 2 perform live in concert ! Obvioulsy when hes fully well !
We absoultley love and miss ya morrissey here in the Uk !
Hope kristeens ok 2! :)

Ps will get back 2 the other topic I was on soonish, I just have 2 make a cuppa green tea, sort somthing else out and then will be back soon !!! :)

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom