User rudeness complaints

Re: Article: "Morrissey Hospitalized in Michigan" - Billboard.com

You always do this, its our backwards default argument, "Morrissey did it/said it, so don't complain because if Morrissey does it, it must be okay", look see, he said a mean thing in 1994 (in completely different circumstances) so that makes it okay to say mean things generally, if you like Morrissey then you must also like or put up with mean things/people. Like somehow a camp swipe at an then "arch enemy" who exploited and warped Morrissey story for a book and then called it the "definative account" is comparible to wishing further ill/death on a man already in hospital.

It isn't about censorship you twat - you lost that argument the moment this site had moderators and TandC and the function to ban, stop hiding behind the Tand C's or behind Morrissey words over 15 years ago. Its was a mean spirted thing to say given the circumstances, on a supposed fan site aswell.

So it's OK for Morrissey to say stuff like that, but not the other way round. Gotcha. I must have missed the Beckhams being in hospital when Morrissey called for them to be flogged.

P.

Last edited:

So it's OK for Morrissey to say stuff like that, but not the other way round. Gotcha. I must have missed the Beckhams being in hospital when Morrissey called for them to be flogged.

P.

you what mate? Morrissey is the one in hospital what are you on about.

The real question Peter is, is it okay to say this kind of stuff just because in your opinion Morrissey may have said something similar at some point. Are you that obsessed. Why must he be the benchmark for your standards anyway? - Don't you have your own standards?

Thats the probem with youre thinking, you always defend mean things (usually crazy moderation) by saying Morrissey's mean too sometimes, without stopping to realise that if you have identified the things Morrissey says as mean and hateful then simply to blindly reproduce or tolerate that behaviour is unacceptable. Two wrongs don't make a right do they peter.

Now before you mention "free speech" you must accept that moderating and or banning is just another way of censoreship.

you what mate? Morrissey is the one in hospital what are you on about.

The real question Peter is, is it okay to say this kind of stuff just because in your opinion Morrissey may have said something similar at some point. Are you that obsessed. Why must he be the benchmark for your standards anyway? - Don't you have your own standards?

Thats the probem with youre thinking, you always defend mean things (usually crazy moderation) by saying Morrissey's mean too sometimes, without stopping to realise that if you have identified the things Morrissey says as mean and hateful then simply to blindly reproduce or tolerate that behaviour is unacceptable. Two wrongs don't make a right do they peter.

Now before you mention "free speech" you must accept that moderating and or banning is just another way of censoreship.

So you ARE saying it's OK for Morrissey to say certain things, but when the same is said of him, that's not OK? Is that what you mean by two wrongs don't make a right? One-way discourse?

P.

So you ARE saying it's OK for Morrissey to say certain things, but when the same is said of him, that's not OK? Is that what you mean by two wrongs don't make a right? One-way discourse?

P.

I shouldn't be surprised that you can't follow the simplest point.

We are discussing how you constantly use Morrissey's previous statements/actions to justify other people current statements. "You can't expect us to moderate comment X when Morrissey said comment Y in 1987"

You seem to acknowledge that (in your mind) Morrissey was wrong/mean/offensive/out of order/hateful to say comment Y yet you use it as justification for leave comment X unmoderated. - Two wrongs don't make a right.

Like somehow if Morrissey killed someone, suddenly it would be okay to kill people because Morrissey did it.

I of course don't think comment X and Y are really comparible - mainly due to context but thats a different matter. So again why do you use Morrisseys percieved (by you) low standards as your benchmark, don't you have your own standards?

I don't think you understand the simplest point that what you are asking for is a double standard. Do you want censorship or not? Sounds like you are ok with Morrissey saying whatever hateful statements, but if it's someone else, then there is a problem.

I shouldn't be surprised that you can't follow the simplest point.

We are discussing how you constantly use Morrissey's previous statements/actions to justify other people current statements. "You can't expect us to moderate comment X when Morrissey said comment Y in 1987"

You seem to acknowledge that (in your mind) Morrissey was wrong/mean/offensive/out of order/hateful to say comment Y yet you use it as justification for leave comment X unmoderated. - Two wrongs don't make a right.

Like somehow if Morrissey killed someone, suddenly it would be okay to kill people because Morrissey did it.

I of course don't think comment X and Y are really comparible - mainly due to context but thats a different matter. So again why do you use Morrisseys percieved (by you) low standards as your benchmark, don't you have your own standards?

I don't think you understand the simplest point that what you are asking for is a double standard. Do you want censorship or not? Sounds like you are ok with Morrissey saying whatever hateful statements, but if it's someone else, then there is a problem.

FFS listen closely. I don't think its fair to compare comment X and comment Y because I don't find them similar, because of the context, so there is no double standard on my part.

However you do think the 2 comments are comparible. You also think Morrissey statement (comment Y) is hateful (and this is the crucial part) you use it to justify not moderating comment X - that isn't a double standard as such its just f***ed up logic.

You ask "Do you want censorship or not?" - well the answer is we already have censorship on this site (moderation) so yes please i'm for censoreship only can we have it to improve the discussion rather than enpower the trolls and promote hateful comments please?

We're not using Morrissey's statements to justify anything. We just look for violations -which specific comments do you want censored? Go ahead and list them / report them.

FFS listen closely. I don't think its fair to compare comment X and comment Y because I don't find them similar, because of the context, so there is no double standard on my part.

However you do think the 2 comments are comparible. You also think Morrissey statement (comment Y) is hateful (and this is the crucial part) you use it to justify not moderating comment X - that isn't a double standard as such its just f***ed up logic.

You ask "Do you want censorship or not?" - well the answer is we already have censorship on this site (moderation) so yes please i'm for censoreship only can we have it to improve the discussion rather than enpower the trolls and promote hateful comments please?

This long thing I have written was in response to the Article: "Morrissey Hospitalized in Michigan"

Good God. This site just needs to be shut down. Or it shouldn't even have Morrissey's name in the title. It is seriously the biggest mistake I have ever made coming on here and creating an account. (I did for information about Morrissey) My bad. I know that I could just stop coming on and ignore it all but seriously, I have to say something. (All of you wildly express your opinions, I should also get to)

Morrissey is sick. Maybe he is not. Maybe he is struggling with depression, anxiety, maybe something is wrong with his sister, or his mother again, maybe there is something wrong with someone he is close to. Either way he is human and a lot of you need to remember that. You all need to remember that Morrissey says the things he does because he is human, and like all of us, he can say what he wants to. I don't know why on a thread where we are talking about the man being sick some of you have to bring up the things he said has said in the past though.

Also, it is ok for Morrissey to say the things he does. You know why? He has an incredible mind, the things he says are not too offensive, and seriously, he is pretty much better than most anyone on here, in fact he is better than all of us on here in a lot of ways, so yeah. The man can say what he wants. You don't have to agree, but you also don't have to make a huge shit out of it like you all always do. (Also he is better than the people he says crap about)

Plus, I don't know why it offends you all so much that he says these things. You all are or once were fans of Morrissey. But I don't know how you all call yourselves that. You get offended or annoyed when he says things about celebs and royalty/political figures, and then you go and put on your The Queen is Dead album, or listen to Margaret on the Guillotine, songs/albums were he quite bluntly expresses his distaste for certain things.

Makes no sense.

Also, being a fan of Morrissey you should also know that cancellations, disappearances, weird situations have surrounded Morrissey since he was in the Smiths. According to books and things I have read, Morrissey cancels, disappears, etc because he is upset/depressed/anxious. Again he is human. For years he has been an open book for us, expressing himself through his music, saying things through it that must be f***ing hard to get off his chest. And then he travels around the world singing nearly every night when on tour. How many of you all could do that, with depression (which we know he has, its been said in several places) We should actually laud him for doing so for so long.

I am saying all this because I care for Morrissey and the music he makes. Especially the music which has carried me a long way since I have discovered it. I am a new-er fan, I am just 20 years old. No I am not some crazy fanatic like the blue rose people or whatever the hell that is all about. I just LOVE Morrissey and his music because music is what my whole life is about.

Yes I have a ticket that I had to struggle to get the money for because I am a very poor college student. Yes I am nervous about the show not happening because I am having to skip school and travel. But that is no reason for me to lose my shit. I have tons of mental issues, and I am still not losing my shit about it, because at least I can be logical and say this to myself "Something must be wrong for him to start canceling dates on a tour he rescheduled."

I think a lot of you need to step away from this site and the computer and think. "Am I or am I not a fan of Morrissey? " You also need to think this "Why do I make a big shit about everything?"

That's my two cents. Come at me. I don't care because everyone is aloud to have their opinions. Just come at me intelligently is all I ask.

Sounds like you are ok with Morrissey saying whatever hateful statements, but if it's someone else, then there is a problem.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Hopefully it will somehow sink into your mind this time.

Morrissey makes hateful statements about things he hates.
People on this site make hateful statements about an artist they claim to like.

Therefore, this is a hater's site.

Arguments concerning this matter are welcome.

What about all the positive statements posted on the site? Appears you are completely ignoring them to support your view.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Hopefully it will somehow sink into your mind this time.

You missed all the posts praising him, especially the tour dates. You're only citing things that support your side. And - go ahead and show of some of these posts you say are hateful and lets discuss them, otherwise all you have is a vague sense of ire and injustice.

P.

We're not using Morrissey's statements to justify anything. We just look for violations -which specific comments do you want censored? Go ahead and list them / report them.

but they were already highlighted earlier on in the thread and your moderator justified them by using Morrissey old statements. Why don't you answer my point.

You mean this? Someone is using previous comments by Morrissey to illustrate a point. Maybe you don't know the references to grasp the point?

Again, as Uncleskinny said, just because a comment or opinion appears on the site it doesn't mean we 'support' it. It's tiring when people do not understand the concept of an open forum.

Ok so you, and this site, support this statement then. You and David Tseng both deserve your ban.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is this a genuine illness or is it just a cover-up for anorexia?
Ooh, that's not very nice, is it Morrissey?
Perhaps you'll think twice before opening your mouth in the future, eh Morrissey?
I hope he dies slowly and in pain "The kind people have a wonderful dream" "When will you die?" "Make the dream reall"
It's not very nice is it Steven ?

but they were already highlighted earlier on in the thread and your moderator justified them by using Morrissey old statements. Why don't you answer my point.

You mean this? Someone is using previous comments by Morrissey to illustrate a point. Maybe you don't know the references to grasp the point?

Again, as Uncleskinny said, just because a comment or opinion appears on the site it doesn't mean we 'support' it. It's tiring when people do not understand the concept of an open forum.

Here the post i'm talking about (and i get ALL of the references)

"You're wrong. I don't 'support' the statement, if it is indeed possible to support a statement; neither do I 'support' it's content. There's loads of stuff that I wouldn't say, infer or support on this site. And if the wishing death on someone part is a part you object to, would you have censored the following comments too?

'Personally, I hope Johnny Rogan ends his days very soon in an M3 pile-up'
'I hope Johnny Rogan dies in a hotel fire.'"

The answer to UnclePeter question should of course be yes (if you think the comment is hateful as you appear to) but only if the comment came on a moderated fan web forum. But instead to recognise the comment is offensive and then use it as a benchmark for what is acceptable is f***ed up - get it.

We aren't saying these are 'offensive' comments, we are just showing you your double standard for whatever it is you find offensive and want censored.

"You're wrong. I don't 'support' the statement, if it is indeed possible to support a statement; neither do I 'support' it's content. There's loads of stuff that I wouldn't say, infer or support on this site. And if the wishing death on someone part is a part you object to, would you have censored the following comments too?

The answer to UnclePeter question should of course be yes (if you think the comment is hateful as you appear to) but only if the comment came on a moderated fan web forum. But instead to recognise the comment is offensive and then use it as a benchmark for what is acceptable is f***ed up - get it.

We aren't saying these are 'offensive' comments, we are just showing you your double standard for whatever it is you find offensive and want censored.

don't pretend you do think the comment is offensive/hateful because earlier in the thread you said "Sounds like you are ok with Morrissey saying whatever hateful statements".

There is no point arguing with a liar like you, you just twist and turn and refuse to answer, you have your own agenda and that has already been exposed.

don't pretend you do think the comment is offensive/hateful because earlier in the thread you said "Sounds like you are ok with Morrissey saying whatever hateful statements".

There is no point arguing with a liar like you, you just twist and turn and refuse to answer, you have your own agenda and that has already been exposed.

You should be a TV detective - I can see you in a Columbo coat - "One more thing..."

Brilliant.

P.

If you lose the right to offend other people, you lose the right to express yourself freely. There's nothing at all "f***ed up" about being offensive or insisting on the freedom to be.

If you lose the right to offend other people, you lose the right to express yourself freely. There's nothing at all "f***ed up" about being offensive or insisting on the freedom to be.

You already lost the right to express yourself freely when you posted on a moderated forum. The question is where do the moderators draw the line and can they apply the rules fairly without an agenda. - keep up.

You really are not making sense, people are free to express what they want, it's people like you that want to limit that. Please specific examples where rules are unfairly applied with an agenda.

You already lost the right to express yourself freely when you posted on a moderated forum. The question is where do the moderators draw the line and can they apply the rules fairly without an agenda. - keep up.

Back
Top Bottom