"Vauxhall & I" exclusive blue vinyl included in HMV’s Vinyl Week (in stores Aug. 15, 2020)

In store from 15th August, pressed onto blue vinyl and limited to 1,000 copies.

full

Whatever you might make of his politics or his increasingly grumpy interventions into public life, there's no denying that during his time as frontman of The Smiths Morrissey was considered – quite rightly – to be one of the greatest lyricists of his generation. His post-Smiths work has been something of a mixed bag, but in a solo career that has so far produced 13 studio albums he has, every once in a while, turned in an album that reminds his fans why they keep the faith.

Of his first four solo albums, Vauxhall and I is one of his very best and includes one of his finest solo tracks in 'The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get'. The album joins our list of Vinyl Week exclusives this year with a new reissue pressed onto blue vinyl and limited to 1000 copies.

Last edited by a moderator:
1000 copies

In this case, is it perhaps a knowing reference to his eye colour in the artwork? When I saw the original billboard posters, it struck me they seemed an unnatural, sapphire, blue. I was sure there had been a creative intervention.
I don't know if they manipulated it, they look like that in many other pictures as well and in 'real life', even from a distance, they are also exceptionally blue, but not like this toxic type of cyan they used for the record.
I like to call it indigo, it's a rather rare and very striking eye colour. 😉

Pretty much.
Bill Inglot's version (much like his other Moz/Smiths reworkings) was reasonably well received at the time (the CD version with Royal Drury Lane is probably worth having if the vinyl is unobtainable). The gold ones sold very quickly. These will do the same, but there's nothing on it not already out there - so not essential.
Regards,
FWD.

(@joe frady might like to comment on Bill's work as he's summed it up well in the past).

Bill's Inglot's mastering is masterful. And bitchin. In summation.

í got the gold one, but to me it looked more like vomit. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder í suppose.

í may see if eBay has any sane sellers on this one, cos í sure aint going into any record shop with a bunch of filthy vinyl sniffers. Still waiting for The Fascist Effect to kick in on those eBay prices...

Still waiting for The Fascist Effect to kick in on those eBay prices...

Judging from the It's Over 7" last year all The Fascist Effect does is jack up the prices.

Lovely blue.

I'll get it.** Even though my record player broke & I only have one of those awful suitcase one-on-one horrors that you can only play singles or very old thick vinyl on.

**try to
Whatever you do don't fix that turntable! I have a lovely Pioneer turntable/soundsystem from the early 90's and the belt snapped. Cost me a euro to get a new drive belt from China. I've spent an absolute fortune on vinyl since. I already have Vauxhall on vinyl so I won't be getting that lovely looking blue vinyl, as pretty as it is.

Yes blue vinyl seems popular, my new sparks album, one is blue the other purple... so much better than the old black things....
Coloured vinyl is so prevalent these days that black vinyl will soon become a major selling point. I just realised I said coloured and black in the same sentence. Take me out and shoot me.
p.s. purists would say that you can lose audio quality with coloured vinyl but I think it's worth it to have an eye catching spinning platter. The Doctor Who splatter vinyls are very fetching.

Wonderful. The greatest album ever made :hearteyes:
By Moz or EVER? I love Vauxhall and probably would rate it as his best solo album (although Your Arsenal comes close).

But my favourite album ever is probably Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division. I say probably because it is almost impossible to pick a favourite record.

My top 11 would be:

Unknown Pleasures (JD)
Closer (JD)
Meat Is Murder
Disintegration (The Cure)
Kiss Me x 3 (The Cure)
The Queen Is Dead
Suede (Suede)
Low Life (New Order)
The Man Machine (Kraftwerk)
Vauxhall And I
Your Arsenal

Coloured vinyl is so prevalent these days that black vinyl will soon become a major selling point. I just realised I said coloured and black in the same sentence. Take me out and shoot me.
p.s. purists would say that you can lose audio quality with coloured vinyl but I think it's worth it to have an eye catching spinning platter. The Doctor Who splatter vinyls are very fetching.
Don’t worry about coloured and black vinyl, were well above that nonsense.. personally I like the colourful LPS now, more eye catching and more appealing, but are the black vinyl better sound quality?? Never thought of that.... whilst your here ‘‘twas my birthday weekend from last Thursday till yesterday... one of my daughters bought me a record player and sparks new deluxe LP.... I’m now apologising to the neighbours as and when I see them... one of them knocked on us at about 3-4 am Sunday morning and again on Monday night to reiterate that everything was silent until I landed ... was a good 5 days ...

By Moz or EVER? I love Vauxhall and probably would rate it as his best solo album (although Your Arsenal comes close).

But my favourite album ever is probably Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division. I say probably because it is almost impossible to pick a favourite record.

My top 11 would be:

Unknown Pleasures (JD)
Closer (JD)
Meat Is Murder
Kiss Me x 3 (The Cure)
The Queen Is Dead
Suede (Suede)
Low Life (New Order)
Vauxhall And I
Your Arsenal
No Stone Roses, Howard Melvin, VU, Beatles, Pink Floyd or Frankie Valli? Crazy.

And here is when solos very own Bryan ferry storms in..... in 85 I had two weeks whole holiday pay, didn’t have a clue what to do with all £150 of , so took myself off to boots and bought Roxy music and I think BF greatest hits .... that was holiday in my bedroom with that double LP, life changing for me...some of the above hovis .... yes yes yes , I like the roses art work .... JACK THE DRIPPER

I like the Stone Roses music but Ian Brown can't be heard through a paper bag. Could never get into Pink Floyd. The Beatles are ace but too sugary. I don't know Howard Melvin.
In a longer list I'd include Siouxsie & The Banshees, Depeche Mode's Violator, and maybe Gary Numan's The Pleasure Principle. Setting Sons by The Jam. Once Upon A Time In America by Morricone.

HMV is really stepping up with the support...cannot wait for the Ringleaders reissue also...!!!

I like the Stone Roses music but Ian Brown can't be heard through a paper bag. Could never get into Pink Floyd. The Beatles are ace but too sugary. I don't know Howard Melvin.
In a longer list I'd include Siouxsie & The Banshees, Depeche Mode's Violator, and maybe Gary Numan's The Pleasure Principle. Setting Sons by The Jam. Once Upon A Time In America by Morricone.
That last soundtrack is magical.

HMV is really stepping up with the support...cannot wait for the Ringleaders reissue also...!!!
I noticed this the other week .. sparks new album , right next to moz doggy . I was amused confused. So just a normal afternoon in Carlisle, the rain falls down , ECT ECT ECT

And here is when solos very own Bryan ferry storms in..... in 85 I had two weeks whole holiday pay, didn’t have a clue what to do with all £150 of , so took myself off to boots and bought Roxy music and I think BF greatest hits .... that was holiday in my bedroom with that double LP, life changing for me...some of the above hovis .... yes yes yes , I like the roses art work .... JACK THE DRIPPER
I was listening to the song Psalm yesterday; what a voice Ferry has got.

Gelignite Blue :flushed:

Nice of HMV with the blurb ~ yeah guys we know he's a fascist but we'll let you buy this over-priced poorly mastered vinyl anyway.
Do they offer such caveats with all the shelves and shelves piled high of misogyny & homophobia that they sell weekly?

Yes do all the rap records come with the same warning?

My top 11 would be:

Unknown Pleasures (JD)
Closer (JD)
Meat Is Murder
Kiss Me x 3 (The Cure)
The Queen Is Dead
Suede (Suede)
Low Life (New Order)
Vauxhall And I
Your Arsenal
Action .... my only failure on your list is joy division .... for some reason I’ve never wanted to take the time to listen to a whole album by them.... the rest on your list, yes at some point... BUT I have some block on JD , I don’t know why .... maybe it’s depressing ??? My one thing to do this weekend 🤫🤫🤫

I was listening to the song Psalm yesterday; what a voice Ferry has got.
This is how your voice could sound to me ... anyway, you, nerak , gordyboy have an invite up, or down to Carlisle when our diary’s all match up ... late August.......

This is how your voice could sound to me ... anyway, you, nerak , gordyboy have an invite up, or down to Carlisle when our diary’s all match up ... late August.......
It’s rock n roll in Carlisle you know .... action .... I would never leave you in the dark .......

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom