Veggie thread trilogy 1 - Do meat-flavoured products mean you're cheating?

Maverick

Maverick
I'm a veggie - and proud. But some people tell me that they think eating faux meat products (such as veggie burgers, veggie hot dogs, even meat flavoured crisps) means i'm cheating.

Personally, i think those people are mentally ill, but what do you think? As long as it's not meat, it's ok in my book.

Veggoe thread trilogy 2 - If you're not a veggie, you're not a fan

Meat eaters make Morrissey sick. And quite rightly so - they are endorsing murder.

So if you are a meat eater, you may as well bin your Mozzer collection now, because you are not a true fan - he would be disgusted by you.

You are only a fan if you don't eat meat & own all his CD's. Fact.

Veggie trilogy 3 - meat is the same as the holocaust....

...so said El Mozz on his Russell Brand interview - and he was so right. It was truly one of - if not THE - greatest quotes i've ever heard.

Farmers are mini-Hitlers, meat eaters are his Nazi Party.

Simple as.

Re: Veggoe thread trilogy 2 - If you're not a veggie, you're not a fan

Thanks for letting us know.Where did you get all of this information from?:confused:

No, it's not cheating. I presume the same people will only wear shoes made out of completely unbreathable material which look and feel like solid plastic?

Meat eaters make Morrissey sick. And quite rightly so - they are endorsing murder.

So if you are a meat eater, you may as well bin your Mozzer collection now, because you are not a true fan - he would be disgusted by you.

I'm a vegetarian, and own all Morrissey/Smiths Cd's, DVD ect ect, but i dont agree with you one bit. Morrissey may not like meat eaters ect evt but how can u say they are not real fans. Does Morrissey sit at home and say, "oh, send this £12.99 back to the pesron who bought it, as they eat dead animals"....does he eck.
I think Maverick that you are just tryin to create a bit of controversy/wind people up with your recent set of threads.....

I hope that was a joke because it was hilarious. if it wasn't a joke.. it was still hilarious and taken as a joke to me :D

Re: Veggie trilogy 3 - meat is the same as the holocaust....

I'm a veggie - and proud. But some people tell me that they think eating faux meat products (such as veggie burgers, veggie hot dogs, even meat flavoured crisps) means i'm cheating.

Personally, i think those people are mentally ill, but what do you think? As long as it's not meat, it's ok in my book.

I eat vegetables and <gasp> meat. I do not consider you cheating. To say you would be cheating because some of the products you consume taste like meat would be the same as telling someone who is using a chocolate substitute they are faking it in their cookies because they cannot have chocolate itself. No harm no foul. And no, no one should think you are a hypocrite either.

No we do not endorse murder. Some of us, such as myself, look at meat products simply as food, plain and simple. My moral compass is not yours. I shrug and look at a live cow that was born, raised and bred for food as my future dinner.

Personally, I do not care what Morrissey thinks of his fans. He is lucky to have us and not the other way around. We make his career. I am sure he is not standing around with an accountant and a team of "math-letes" to figure out the general percentage of his fans who are not vegetarians and refuse their money. At the end of the day no matter what he says about money, he wants it.

I often find myself disagreeing with a lot of things that come out of his mouth. My general feeling towards him is "shut up and sing." It is an old argument but I found it disgusting what he said at a show at Texas on memorial day that I felt disrespected those who have laid their lives down for this country. Some argued that they believed the comments are not to be taken too seriously because he is not familiar with the implications and meaning of American Memorial Day. All the more reason that he should simply "Shut up and sing."

- and before anyone brings up "But he turned the money down for the Smiths reunion." Well Johnny, that was because he now has what is known as "f*** You Money." FU money gives you the power to exercise what is known as the Sinatra Doctrine. You get to do it My Way and live a little more like a rap star who just cut his first and only single on a consistent basis.

...so said El Mozz on his Russell Brand interview - and he was so right. It was truly one of - if not THE - greatest quotes i've ever heard.

Simple as.

To equate food to the decimation of "people" once again shows how ridiculous the drivel is that sometimes comes out of his mouth. Yet another instance that he should simply "Shut up and sing."

I like the music, they are awesome songs to listen to but they are NOT a way of life.

Last edited:

Veggie burgers and veggie dogs taste like soy, not like a dead animal's rotting corpse. Cook meat and smell it, it smells rank, like blood and death. Now cook a veggie burger, it smells like you are cooking vegetables or frying soy.

I don't see how they are comparable in any way.

Veggie burgers and veggie dogs taste like soy, not like a dead animal's rotting corpse. Cook meat and smell it, it smells rank, like blood and death. Now cook a veggie burger, it smells like you are cooking vegetables or frying soy.

I agree - they do not taste like rotting flesh, it does not make me feel physically sick as it would if i were putting the remains of an innocent creature slaughtered for blood lust in my mouth.

Morrissey talks 100% sense. He is my God and i worship at his temple.

Indeed, very true. I have no qualms about, and regularly buy, veggie protein items such as veggie burgers, faux-chickn patties, and faux chickn nuggets. I buy them because they're tasty, convenient, and give my diet some important protein. I do not view them as being "replacements" for meat, because I don't miss meat. I haven't had a scrap of it pass my lips in almost a decade, and I'm glad. The smell and sight of the stuff makes me physically ill, in fact.

Actually, it's good that some of the products are enough like meat that meat eaters like them, as well. For example, when I lived at home, my family would buy veggie "sausage" links for breakfast. Now that I've moved out on my own, my mother (a meat eater) still buys them, and eats them. She doesn't buy real sausage links anymore, she only eats the veggie ones.

Once, a few years ago, I was at a barbecue, and had brought veggie burgers to eat. A kid came up to me and asked, "Do those taste like real burgers?" I said, "No, of course they don't. They taste nothing like a burger, but I like their taste for what it is."

I find that most veggie meat-flavoured products taste exactly like meat...once you have completely forgotten what meat tastes like.

What do veggies here do when they crave meat? Or am I the only one who gets that? I know a friend who chain-smoked Marlboro Reds when he was in the process of getting used to a veggie diet, announcing to any confused onlookers, "They taste like steak!"

I find that most veggie meat-flavoured products taste exactly like meat...once you have completely forgotten what meat tastes like.

What do veggies here do when they crave meat? Or am I the only one who gets that? I know a friend who chain-smoked Marlboro Reds when he was in the process of getting used to a veggie diet, announcing to any confused onlookers, "They taste like steak!"

I never crave meat, and, in fact, I never have. When I stopped eating meat, I stopped cold turkey, and it worked. As I said, meat now makes me physically ill.

How long have you been a vegetarian? That might be part of the cravings you experience, if you haven't been on a veggie diet for very long.

ive been veggie for 23 years and never craved meat! its vile stench makes me retch, neither do i wear skin,or eat any animal products, or use any animal tested products, wot really anoys me is when people say ' i used to be a veggie', no you didnt, it was a phase you went thro,you lacked the commitment to see it thro! so no you arnt fake eating veggie burgers/ect, its not an animal, it doesnt smell like an animal or taste the same, it tastes better!

ive been veggie for 23 years and never craved meat! its vile stench makes me retch, neither do i wear skin,or eat any animal products, or use any animal tested products, wot really anoys me is when people say ' i used to be a veggie', no you didnt, it was a phase you went thro,you lacked the commitment to see it thro! so no you arnt fake eating veggie burgers/ect, its not an animal, it doesnt smell like an animal or taste the same, it tastes better!

I had chicken fajitas for my tea. Have you tried those? They're well nice.

Simple as.

epic_fail.jpg

As a lifelong veggie i can agree with your sentiment.However Morrissey wants to sell and for people to attend his gigs and if it was only veggies that did so the pit would be a bit sparse.

And I think you need to try and persuade people with eloquence,not diatribe.

Tags
animals = food i<3tubesteak meat = cancer meat = shit meat is murder meat isnt murdr re-run
Back
Top Bottom