"Very Best Of Morrissey" enters at #80 in the UK album chart

What does he expect? The world doesn't care that he wants to get a little bit richer by rehashing former semi-glories. Blame the media and music industry all you like Moz, unless YOU adapt you won't be seeing even the heavy heights of "and new at number 39" again.

As I have posted on forum I love Morrissey and always will but these constant compilations are becoming tedious
He always seems to have someone to blame about the sales or otherwise of his releases
He has a committed fanbase who realistiaclly probably own most of his back catalogue - they like me will probably buy this new compilation - but he is really going to struggle to get new fans especially with his attitude on his recent Dermot interview

@Bradder68, even though a part of me agrees with what you say about the compilations becoming tedious, we all know new material will be released eventually. As for his attitude on radio 2, he's explained himself, and given that explanation, can anyone really believe that new fans is what he's seeking? If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and his fanbase certainly isn't anywhere near broken, in fact, it's barely even divided.

@bradder68

any brittish band, even Bono, praises Morrissey and Marr and the other
2 for what they achieved in middle of the 80's

also for his solo work

so he get's namechecked in intervieuws ofthose hypede NME bands,
those kids go to look on youtube or even recordshops
why they praise that band that Legend, and I'm definately sure some will
get 101% into Morrissey and the Smiths

He plays for U2 on Glastonbury, that's PR enough

I hope around the gigs record managers and Morrissey can sign a deal [yes that's the other newitem]

Last edited:
Dear MORRISSEY: "The Very Best of Morrissey", has made it into the charts and climbing. Congrats on another achievement. Once again, looking forward to your arrival here in San Diego this summer. You know your more than welcome here. Call anytime.... Forever...Molly & David g.

No, I couldn't be bothered to buy the compliation. There are few alternative mixes that interest me, but they are not enough to put up with an extended version of Moonriver again (I like the song and how Morrissey sings it, but the instrumental dirge is awful, not art). Still not sure why people (including Morrissey) are embarrassed by the O'Leary interview; he refused to give genuine answer to most of the questions: what's new?

Why are fans expected to purchase every new best of or compilation CD?

Why are fans expected to purchase every new best of or compilation CD?

These blubbering baboons are not fans. As far as I’m concerned they are not even “fans”. When will you accept Morrissey for who he is? He is the number one singer, songwriter, lyricist in the whole wide world and he deserves to have reached the Top Ten. Actually he deserves to reach number one but clearly he has poor management clearly as a result of the NME’s libel and slander.

Most of the lot of you should not even be permitted to go to Morrissey’s shows or read his new book. And you shouldn’t even contemplate buying his new CD. You are worthless, useless, backstabbing conformists and there is no one but yourselves to blame. You and of course the real culprit … the NME. They said that Morrissey was a racist the way I see it. They libeled and slandered him with the purpose of the end result being to destroy his good name and career.

So why are you even here. We all know where your intentions lay? I am telling you right now to back off of Morrissey. It is clear you are all jealous of him. Give it a rest. It is incredible that you listen to and believe the NME. Every day, every day you show how you things really are. And you are evil. I certainly would advise you not to show up at his concerts or to buy his autobiography. The NME blacklisted him and it’s crystal clear to me. None of the bullshit they said about him is real. Because of the NME you do not love him anymore. And that is sad.

All of the messages on this thread that’s just not fair. It is idiotic enough that this was even mentioned because we all know truth, and the truth is that the NME is to blame and now you are all to blame as well.

bc

i work for hmv and the reason that the album is not in store yet is that with recent speculation about the future of hmv , the insurers for emi who guarantee payment if a company they supply to goes under were refusing to insure emi for stock sent to hmv, as a result for a period of about 2 weeks emi would not send any stock to hmv stores. this began the wednesday before the glamorous glue single came out and has now been resolved just at the weekend and emi are now supplying us again

Umm okay...

These blubbering baboons are not fans. As far as I’m concerned they are not even “fans”. When will you accept Morrissey for who he is? He is the number one singer, songwriter, lyricist in the whole wide world and he deserves to have reached the Top Ten. Actually he deserves to reach number one but clearly he has poor management clearly as a result of the NME’s libel and slander.

Most of the lot of you should not even be permitted to go to Morrissey’s shows or read his new book. And you shouldn’t even contemplate buying his new CD. You are worthless, useless, backstabbing conformists and there is no one but yourselves to blame. You and of course the real culprit … the NME. They said that Morrissey was a racist the way I see it. They libeled and slandered him with the purpose of the end result being to destroy his good name and career.

So why are you even here. We all know where your intentions lay? I am telling you right now to back off of Morrissey. It is clear you are all jealous of him. Give it a rest. It is incredible that you listen to and believe the NME. Every day, every day you show how you things really are. And you are evil. I certainly would advise you not to show up at his concerts or to buy his autobiography. The NME blacklisted him and it’s crystal clear to me. None of the bullshit they said about him is real. Because of the NME you do not love him anymore. And that is sad.

All of the messages on this thread that’s just not fair. It is idiotic enough that this was even mentioned because we all know truth, and the truth is that the NME is to blame and now you are all to blame as well.

bc

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom