Walla: Both Israel concerts in 2021 postponed again - possibly now mid-June (April 21, 2021)

First publication: Morrissey's performances in Israel have been postponed and it seems that they will take place in June​

Morrissey's appearances in Israel, scheduled for another two weeks, were once again postponed because of the corona. Walla! Culture learned that the possibility of holding two performances of the singer in Israel only in mid-June in Pavilion 1 and Caesarea is being examined, and one of them is scheduled to be broadcast live online throughout the world.

First publication: Morrissey's performances in Israel, which were scheduled to take place in exactly two weeks, were once again postponed due to the corona crisis. Walla! Tarbut also learned that the possibility of postponing the performances produced by Shuki Weiss is being examined, in a short time this time, and to hold two performances in mid-June in Pavilion 1 and Caesarea, as long as the restrictions allow. One of the shows is scheduled to be broadcast live online around the world. The possibility being examined is that Morrissey will come from California to Israel only for two performances, after which he will return to the United States. This is because the European round set for him cannot take place yet. According to a source in the industry, the date is agreed in principle on Morrissey and the production in Israel. However, it is still being examined whether it is possible to remove all obstacles and get the approvals of the Ministry of Health, including that you were the musician's staff without isolation. According to the industry source, the Israeli production is optimistic about the possibility that this will happen in mid-June.

The Smiths singer's performances in the Holy Land were first scheduled for May 2020. He was scheduled to come to us as part of his European tour. Following the corona, the performances were postponed for a year, and were scheduled to take place on May 5 at the Shoni Amphitheater in Binyamina, and on May 8 and 13 at Pavilion 1 at the Tel Aviv Expo.

The production responded: "We are inherently optimistic, and we will update the audience as soon as we have something to update."

Related item:

I don't have the energy to look for it, but I believe there's insurance "issues" attached to announcing the cancelling of gigs too soon ahead of time and that's why you may seldom hear anything 'official' until closer to the date.
The gigs involve a large host of ancillary people and the logistics of moving them, set pieces and equipment (including where it's all stored currently) via plane or lorry etc and given the 10 or 14 day quarantine rules for visitors to the country - it was never looking good.
The same will probably apply to France.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit: given Google translate requires several pinches of salt - any Israeli fans confirm if local news there?

At least it will give him more time to print matching "F*ck The Simpsons' T-shirts for the band.

Bloody covid. The murderer of music. And people. Will life ever be sane again? I wonder to myself.
I bought tickets for a newly announced/confirmed Lightning Seeds gig, in July, today. So there’s apparently some faith that smaller concerts are to be allowed soon.

I bought tickets for a newly announced/confirmed Lightning Seeds gig, in July, today. So there’s apparently some faith that smaller concerts are to be allowed soon.

that might be canceled, if you’re lucky.

;)

Was it ever sane ?

good luck with that, you’ve been looking forward to this for a while now haven’t you
Ha! The Lightning Seeds gig I formerly bought tickets for is postponed until September. This new Lightning Seeds ticket is for a different concert, in July.

I gather there will be some crowds for the Euros, and in that context it seems hard to imagine they would continue to prohibit small gigs. It would be indefensible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think I could manage a small gig, maybe a seated one perhaps...
When you’ve been shielding for 13 months I’m finding it difficult to be near anyone.
I’m on a phased return to work and it’s challenging..
But as Karen would say... the show must go on

Small steps with the amount of crowds at the mo...
I would imagine the scientific data will be the order of things in the coming months

My guess is that we won't see any bands touring anywhere until, at least, October or November... and I am being positive. I do noy know if we will see gigs of anything during 2021.

I've got tickets for Suede in November and I'm assuming that won't actually happen. Sigh.

(But the televised angle in this Israel article is interesting: if Morrissey and his manager were remotely interested in any kind of career rehabilitation, they'd be in talks with Netflix or Prime for a live show leaning heavily on classic songs, interspersed with a few "in the studio" clips...)

I don't have the energy to look for it, but I believe there's insurance "issues" attached to announcing the cancelling of gigs too soon ahead of time and that's why you may seldom hear anything 'official' until closer to the date.
The gigs involve a large host of ancillary people and the logistics of moving them, set pieces and equipment (including where it's all stored currently) via plane or lorry etc and given the 10 or 14 day quarantine rules for visitors to the country - it was never looking good.
The same will probably apply to France.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit: given Google translate requires several pinches of salt - any Israeli fans confirm if local news there?
Added onto the staff needed will be many bodyguards as his absolute silence surely confirms, very loudly, his support, endorsement, approval and standing -shoulder to shoulder, with a racist far right British political party - not what this world needs.

As it's highly unlikely they are going to drag crew, band & entourage et al somewhere they'd be paying to quarantine for almost a couple of weeks (unless it's reviewed by June that is) - a broadcast from the US would make sense.
If they were even more sensible, they'd stick Morrissey & Iggy together to sing a duet and generate interest in any upcoming album. Then lead with the Iggy track as the first single - with a decent video and no load of 'instant grats'. All products released at the same time and not staggered and maybe even Iggy turning up at Vegas.
But, in reality, more like weeks of silence, PR doing more harm than good and some cryptic Central posts will probably be the case.
Regards,
FWD.

why cant they just hire an israeli crew and the same with lighting,the country isnt that backwards that they dont have a few lightbulbs and a bunch of hairy arsed guys with a few spanners.

If the Iggy Pop song is anything like the previous star collaborations on a Morrissey record, he probably just plays the maracas during the fade-out.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom