Washington, DC - Echostage (June 17, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Will Never Marry / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / Now My Heart Is Full / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat Is Murder / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by setlist.fm (order not 100%), link posted by ThievesLikeUs. Corrections by Chip, modrevolve, darby1974.

Last edited:
I've seen Morrissey about 25 times over the past 20 years. He sounded good tonight. Excellent band; nice rendition of Now My Heart is Full. That said, in the future I'll only go see him if it's someplace like a festival or Las Vegas or near a university. This crowd was beyond old. I felt like I was in line at the bank. Also, I admire his willingness to sacrifice applause for his convictions, but Meat is Murder is a lame song. He's not afraid to perform new material over more popular material, but when it comes down to it, I'd rather see a an actual bullfighter die than miss out on Irish Heart or Still Ill to hear some of the more recent stuff. All in all a pleasant evening though. I'll see him again, just only under the right circumstances.

Good show.

Diff from Durham.
No The Queen Is Dead / People Are The Same Everywhere
Added will never marry / one of our own / Scandinavia

Great show. Set list very similar to NC but played Will Never Marry (beautiful) and One of Our Own and did not play The Queen Is Dead or People Are The Same Everywhere. He acknowledged the previously cancelled DC shows, saying "our band has a very high suicide rate." He sounded wonderful and he looked absolutely gorgeous, as evidenced in the photo above.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Scandanavia too, that's right!

This was my fourth Morrissey show and I always leave feeling like each one was the best, but he was really in top shape tonight. His voice strong and the setlist was great. People were really ecstatic when he opened with Suedehead and sung along with every word. Everyone went kind of quiet when he next played Staircase at the University which was disappointing. People have been saying that Ganglord has been a show killer, but it got caught an applause at the end, as did World Peace--so I guess the sentiment resonates.

I just got back so I am feeling somewhat kurt, but the songs I remember him playing were Suedehead, Staircase At the University, Ganglord, World Peace is None of Your Business. Those four were in that order I think. He also played (in no particular order) Istanbul, Will Never Marry, I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, Neil Cassady Drops Dead, Now My Heart is Full, One of Our Own, Everyday is Like Sunday, I Will See You In Far Off Place,The World is Full of Crashing Bores, Meat is Murder, What She Said/Rubber Ring Outro and Speedway with Gustavo singing in Spanish. Encore was First of the Gang To Die, no successful stage invasions but I did witness a women putting a man in a headlock during a fight over his shirt.

Highlights for me were Will Never Marry, Now My Heart is Full, and One of Our Own--all of which I found to be very moving and of course, Suedehead, Staircase, and What She Said were thrilling to see performed live.

Edit:I forgot Scandinavia and Bullfighter Dies.

needless to say the house was VERY FAR from being sold out. pit was about 10 old timers with hats and spectacles.

This was my fourth Morrissey show and I always leave feeling like each one was the best, but he was really in top shape tonight. His voice strong and the setlist was great. People were really ecstatic when he opened with Suedehead and sung along with every word. Everyone went kind of quiet when he next played Staircase at the University which was disappointing. People have been saying that Ganglord has been a show killer, but it got caught an applause at the end, as did World Peace--so I guess the sentiment resonates.

I just got back so I am feeling somewhat kurt, but the songs I remember him playing were Suedehead, Staircase At the University, Ganglord, World Peace is None of Your Business. Those four were in that order I think. He also played (in no particular order) Istanbul, Will Never Marry, I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, Neil Cassady Drops Dead, Now My Heart is Full, One of Our Own, Everyday is Like Sunday, I Will See You In Far Off Place,The World is Full of Crashing Bores, Meat is Murder, What She Said/Rubber Ring Outro and Speedway with Gustavo singing in Spanish. Encore was First of the Gang To Die, no successful stage invasions but I did witness a women putting a man in a headlock during a fight over his shirt.

Highlights for me were Will Never Marry, Now My Heart is Full, and One of Our Own--all of which I found to be very moving and of course, Suedehead, Staircase, and What She Said were thrilling to see performed live.

Edit:I forgot Scandinavia and Bullfighter Dies.

Happy you had a great show Chip :)

Of course he is getting laid. He must be so happy knowing that Nancy is back in the hotel room with her sexy boots on. Anonymous-

9:30 Club ‏@930Club · 5 hours ago
And he's here!! #Morrissey #MorrisseyEcho
CHvlwHlUsAAER33.jpg

9:30 Club ‏@930Club · 4h4 hours ago
"Well... If it feels good, do it. That's my advice." #Morrissey #MorrisseyEcho
CHvrilaWIAIo80y.jpg

"SMILER" shirts?!

Sonya C ‏@Sonyers · 1 hour ago  Washington, DC
Great concert tonight!! #Morrissey #930 #Echostage
CHwVGZ2WIAE_ErQ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads