Washington Music Theater, Seattle, WA - cancelled

⚠️ SHOW CANCELLATION ⚠️

Due to circumstances beyond our control, Morrissey will not be able to perform tonight’s concert scheduled in Seattle, Washington.

Refunds will come from point of purchase. The Morrissey /Interpol tour will resume as scheduled in San Francisco on Thursday.

Their website:
http://www.washingtonmusictheater.com/event/morrissey-2019/

Regards,
FWD.

FreckledPeeny "be like":

damngina.jpg

It’s crazy the way people jump to conclusions here. Sure A reason he could cancel is because of Portland/BMG stuff...but there’s also a huge number of untold other things it could be which we have no idea about. People here want it to fit their little narrative when really you have absolutely no idea.

Very true Pokey, speculation is rife especially amongst the haters who make it all fit so nicely with their agenda. There could be many reasons for the cancellation, which you quite rightly point out, 'we have no idea about'.

I think, on the night, security messed up, big time, so maybe Moz is reviewing security arrangements.

I've read Moz bans bags being brought into the venue for security reasons, which, these days, I think is absolutely the right thing to do, so how someone with a placard, or 2, actually got into the venue is beyond me.

The result of this security failure is there for everyone to see & someone's arse will be in a sling because of it, & well deserved too.

Does Moz have his own security which travel with him, or does he rely on event provided security?

What an predictable arsehole Morrissey is.

Someone protests at a Morrissey gig - as they have every right to do. Morrissey has a hissy fit and punishes other fans by cancelling the gig that followed. He really is an egotistical, juvenile tit.

For anyone that thinks otherwise ... where have you been for 30 years?

To the fans that joined in with the braying of go, go, go .... shame on each and every one of you.
I joined in too, and I wasn’t even there. We are legion.

Morrissey? Re-imburse? Hilarious.

This respectful protester had a right to protest, Morrissey had no right to eject her - no actual right. He has shown himself to be an awful bitter, bully in the way he attempted, and succeeded, to incite a bullying chant. Despicable. He and those fans that joined in should be ashamed of themselves.

Morrissey has previously claimed his right to free speech but is brutal in his methods of shutting down the free speech of others. He could have dealt with this incident professionally, courteously but he chose instead to attack - as he has done before at gigs to fans he dislikes.

It was suggested in months past that Morrissey gigs may soon resemble the membership of the right wing fascist fan club. His dreadful actions on stage in Portland are testament to this suggestion.

I hope BMG drop him. I hope the tour is cancelled. I wish the protester well.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
I would think so, as a text book narcissist who posts on his central website how magnificent and triumphant his tours have been, guess he was deflated by being confronted by someone who doesn't see him as a wondrous person. In full public view.

Very true Pokey, speculation is rife especially amongst the haters who make it all fit so nicely with their agenda. There could be many reasons for the cancellation, which you quite rightly point out, 'we have no idea about'.

I think, on the night, security messed up, big time, so maybe Moz is reviewing security arrangements.

I've read Moz bans bags being brought into the venue for security reasons, which, these days, I think is absolutely the right thing to do, so how someone with a placard, or 2, actually got into the venue is beyond me.

The result of this security failure is there for everyone to see & someone's arse will be in a sling because of it, & well deserved too.

Does Moz have his own security which travel with him, or does he rely on event provided security?
Ridiculous logic to call this a security issue. If the sign had read WE LOVE YOU MORRISSEY or had been a huge Mexican flag, there would be no problem.

Probably covered elsewhere but I found the wording of this interesting.... “to support the tour”.
51347_E1C62673-71BE-437F-B9E0-E8C255C5E43A.jpeg

Attachments

• E1C62673-71BE-437F-B9E0-E8C255C5E43A.jpeg
    E1C62673-71BE-437F-B9E0-E8C255C5E43A.jpeg
    491.3 KB · Views: 0
Ridiculous logic to call this a security issue. If the sign had read WE LOVE YOU MORRISSEY or had been a huge Mexican flag, there would be no problem.
Exactly! Austin had very strict security as far as bags went, but they let in signs as long as they were within a certain size. And they could always be folded up, too.

Exactly! Austin had very strict security as far as bags went, but they let in signs as long as they were within a certain size. And they could always be folded up, too.

Hey OK, don't go wetting yourself, was only throwing it out there...

You’re off your half-baked nut, son. There are ZERO venues or events where “freedom of speech” should be denied. ...least if all, those where a lippy, wing-nut c*** is performing.

This is the hilarity of twat-bitch narcissism at play.

If you’re you’re in line with this behaviour then you’re in line for the same bitch-slap as Melvis.

f***ing pussy-ass, hypocrite punks. Weren’t you ALL over “free speech” 2-3 months ago? ...rolling in defence of Yaxely-Lennon?

Weak-ass, shit-talking, loser twit. Get a f***ing clue.
One can only presume that you have given up on the English language then ?

They wouldn’t let me in with a clutch purse that was 1/2” too big, and there were multiple security people stationed at each section staring directly at the crowd. It was completely over the top but at least the Portland sign fiasco wouldn’t have happened at that show.

He likely cancelled Seattle because of ticket sales. Wamu theater was showing a price drop on tickets the night before he cancelled. I think he picked too big a venue in Wamu theater also...

They wouldn’t let me in with a clutch purse that was 1/2” too big, and there were multiple security people stationed at each section staring directly at the crowd. It was completely over the top but at least the Portland sign fiasco wouldn’t have happened at that show.

Thanks for some genuine input, moekay, from someone who has actually experienced venue security, rather than speculators who never got out of their chair. Much appreciated, & well said!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom