Washington Music Theater, Seattle, WA - cancelled

⚠️ SHOW CANCELLATION ⚠️

Due to circumstances beyond our control, Morrissey will not be able to perform tonight’s concert scheduled in Seattle, Washington.

Refunds will come from point of purchase. The Morrissey /Interpol tour will resume as scheduled in San Francisco on Thursday.

Their website:
http://www.washingtonmusictheater.com/event/morrissey-2019/

Regards,
FWD.

Well that's pretty effin' obvious to anyone with eyesight & the ability to read, don't you think?

So what's your point, then? Security "messed up big time" by letting one sign in, but the exact same sign with different words would be just fine?

So, security's job is to protect delicate Morrissey's feelings?

So what's your point, then? Security "messed up big time" by letting one sign in, but the exact same sign with different words would be just fine?

Hmmm, you're getting closer...go & have some 'think' time & see if you can come up with the right answer to the following question: what's the purpose of venue security?

Based on the horrible set list I hope and pray he cancels both Vancouver shows

I suggest every Vancouver concert goer bring a sign that says “I am Spartacus, Bigmouth!”, and then see what happens. Solidarity!

I think this is the first time in a long time where Morrissey's anger has been real rather than contrived. It was a chink, but a welcome one. There was no way he could have allowed that to go on though, at his gig. Put yourself in his place. Maybe he went over the top, but it was funny. He wasn't to know whether there was a whole swathe of protesters in there that could have resulted in a riot.
Has a riot happened before at a Morrissey gig? I may be wrong, but the closest to a riot I can remember is when he flounced off after one song at Liverpool after a vicious assault by a bottle of water.

Has a riot happened before at a Morrissey gig? I may be wrong, but the closest to a riot I can remember is when he flounced off after one song at Liverpool after a vicious assault by a bottle of water.

UCLA 1991.

Hmmm, you're getting closer...go & have some 'think' time & see if you can come up with the right answer to the following question: what's the purpose of venue security?
Pretty sure most would concur that venue security is responsible for the physical security of the performers, audience, and facility.

Quite apart from the whims of Morrissey jerking his fans about, how do you think Interpol (and their fans) feel about all this? They have no say in this and are getting royally f***ed around.

Interpol, geniuses as they are, have been booking headlining gigs throughout the Morrissey tour. Caught them in OKC and they were incredible. Textbook smart management and good planning for bands connected to M.

Good feelings are well being, and if he’s feeling good then it’ll be a great show for everyone. Can’t argue with that, right?

So, yes, security has a hand to play in the success of a show.

Fair point. A handful of diehards will probably make the trek to Vancouver and this will boost ticket sales for these shows a bit. So which CA show will you see? Hoping for the best.

Thanks, I am hoping for the best too. Will be at the Irvine show, also considering going to the Hollywood Bowl show as it's a closer for the tour. Will see how things pan out before committing.

This protester protested effectively. Morrissey proved himself to be the intolerant bully we have sadly come to know. This was not a riot or the beginnings of a riot. I guess the dramatists in here need to feel that Morrissey was in peril from 2 placards!? How fragile he must be? Are Morrissey fans now silenced when they disagree with him? Yes, they are! This is another mis-step for Morrissey. It wasn't funny and it wasn't kind. He holds and promotes his political views to his fans. Fans, if they disagree, can and may voice their disapproval of those views - just as many UK fans have done by boycotting UK shows.

A man who would attempt to turn his fans on someone he is pissed off with - dangerous, but unfortunately, not unexpected. Agrression is not a good look for anyone.

One can only presume that you have given up on the English language then ?
Strange that the rampant overuse of emojis is never criticized in the same fashion around here.

...or is it really so strange?

f***ing twat.

Pretty sure most would concur that venue security is responsible for the physical security of the performers, audience, and facility.

So, who was protecting the protester as Morrissey began his chant of incitement?

So, who was protecting the protester as Morrissey began his chant of incitement?

She should've thought about before she went 'protesting', n'est ce pas, pierre?
She put herself in that position.
Fail to plan;plan to fail. Idiot.

This protester protested effectively. Morrissey proved himself to be the intolerant bully we have sadly come to know. This was not a riot or the beginnings of a riot. I guess the dramatists in here need to feel that Morrissey was in peril from 2 placards!? How fragile he must be? Are Morrissey fans now silenced when they disagree with him? Yes, they are! This is another mis-step for Morrissey. It wasn't funny and it wasn't kind. He holds and promotes his political views to his fans. Fans, if they disagree, can and may voice their disapproval of those views - just as many UK fans have done by boycotting UK shows.

A man who would attempt to turn his fans on someone he is pissed off with - dangerous, but unfortunately, not unexpected. Agrression is not a good look for anyone.

From the so called "artist" whe penned the line "It takes guts to be gentle and kind"???????

Well I'm sorry he has got no guts, he's not gentle and he's not kind.

Devious, truculent, unreliable and racist springs to mind. :tiphat:

Steve Trumpperey :handpointright::oldman::handpointleft:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Their job is to protect the safety and security of the people who attend the concert, as well as the artist.

On the latter, it does NOT include a hurt pussy.

Amazing how “free speech” goes out the window when it doesn’t suit the people who dwell in Melvis’ anus.

GFY, bitch.

Having an absolute howl watching this downward spiral. In the future, this sign - and his reaction to it - will be raised up as an example of sentient beings standing up for what is right - in a room full of wallowing f***-tards.

FREE SPEECH!

Just another example of “hurt pussy syndrome”.

She asked for it.
She deserved it.

Now where have those phrases been used before?

Morrissey can use the live stage to promote his far right beliefs. A gig-goer who disagrees with those views cannot show her disagreement. She paid entry. I applaud her for making her views known in such an expensive manner.

I hope others are as brave at future shows.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom