We need to be Honest about how all this stacks up mates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_ydc65s1NY

You compare the Cures body of work and especially Porl Thompsons guitarwork with The Smiths or Morrisseys various bands and there's not question that while both are good in their own right, The Cure is just endearingly better and will last into the ages.

Outside of us few Moz fans, nobody in the general public has any sentiment of Moz work. Its esoteric and meaningless ultimately. Sadly.

Re: We need to be Honest about how all this stacks up mates.

Hardly. I just find lately I'm nonplussed with what Stephen is putting out.

Fair enough, as I find I'm nonplussed by anything Robert Smith has put out ever.

You are f***ed in the head. 4:13 dream is a classic and now we have a new album coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_ydc65s1NY

You compare the Cures body of work and especially Porl Thompsons guitarwork with The Smiths or Morrisseys various bands and there's not question that while both are good in their own right, The Cure is just endearingly better and will last into the ages.

Outside of us few Moz fans, nobody in the general public has any sentiment of Moz work. Its esoteric and meaningless ultimately. Sadly.
That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.

After "Disintegration" the Cure made a remix record that was very good and innovative really. They also released the song "Never Enough" and I think that's great. But Disintegration should have been the last record of new material. It was a whole record about ending and quitting and it sounded like the Cure was saying they were over. They should have quit. They made good records until then and that was a classic but everything since has been re-hashed. It's exactly the same problem Nine Inch nails has. The singing and subject matter are limited in style. They've already done their best work. They're both kind of corny. People outgrow it. Putting out more and more records just ruins the legacy. If Trent Reznor quit after The Downward Spiral his reputation would be much better, too.

I love how this post starts: "We need to be honest..." and all of us agree with my 3 statements claiming my favorite band is better than yours.

Wait what> but I led my thread post with "we need to be honest". If you're not agreeing, well, you're just not being honest, then, mates, ere ya knoo?

The Cure was good, one of my faves but they spent too long swimming in the black gothic empty sea for it not to tainy everything they did except the awful and stupidly happy "friday I'm in love (with my penis)". it's like saying the Sisters of Mercy are better than joy division. nope, but they both were good bands and fun to listen to.

After "Disintegration" the Cure made a remix record that was very good and innovative really. They also released the song "Never Enough" and I think that's great. But Disintegration should have been the last record of new material. It was a whole record about ending and quitting and it sounded like the Cure was saying they were over. They should have quit. They made good records until then and that was a classic but everything since has been re-hashed. It's exactly the same problem Nine Inch nails has. The singing and subject matter are limited in style. They've already done their best work. They're both kind of corny. People outgrow it. Putting out more and more records just ruins the legacy. If Trent Reznor quit after The Downward Spiral his reputation would be much better, too.

If Moz quit after Viva Hate his reputation would be much better. If Moz quit after Your Arsenal his reputation would be much better. Moz should have quit after Vauxhall and I. Everything since has been subpar.

Viva Hate and the b-sides were perfect. Kill Uncle sucked ass until he recruited the lads to make it work. Great tour, shit album. Your arsenal was great. Vauxhall is a classic.

Everything since is subpar. Most of the songs we all love didn't make the albums.

Then we get to the band...

Watch Marr's band play songs Moz's band is covering. When Marr plays, the riffs skip along. It is beautiful and amazing to watch/hear how he plays. When Moz's band plays the same song, the only words to describe them are plodding and workmanlike. Boz is doing the best he can, but each member has to be approved by Moz. So Boz is working with what he can get. Boz brought the lads in for the Kill Uncle tour (the solo high point). Marr's singing has come a long way too.

You are f***ed in the head. 4:13 dream is a classic and now we have a new album coming.

I can barely be bothered replying to this moron but the cure doesn't have a new record coming out. They're just releasing the remainder of the songs they did 8 years ago that made up the original double album of 4:13 Dream.

Hardly. I just find lately I'm nonplussed with what Stephen is putting out.

Lately? So this is only a recent swelling of nonplussedness (nonplussation?) (nonplusseasence?) then? What are we talking weeks, days?

btw it's Steven, not Stephen.

Back
Top Bottom