Wedding Bell Blues/Brow Of My Beloved 7" HD Wav

I don't normally gush about tracks, but this one is extremely good IMHO.
This track is infinitely better as a result of decent recording.
Regards,
FWD.

Let's all gush together then. :)
Anyone who cannot find at least something to like within this song has never really liked Morrissey.
I personally love it, and believe it's his best song in years.
Agree - just 320-ing it.
It shows off that awkward bending lyrics skill he has over melodies.
I suspect the whole chorus wasn't how Boz expected it to be over his tune and that's part of Morrissey's charm to me.
Regards,
FWD.

For those who prefer MP3s/smaller files - here is adhouse's wav as a 320 kbps MP3 via a static link:

https://we.tl/t-qcRrZkHNZ4

Thank you to @adhouse for a quick and amazing quality recording.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Again with the legs?
Haha, I thought that too! It's ok - I like the electronic touches. I think it being the best we've had for a while somewhat obscures its real value; in amongst the fruits of a canon so rich, it's pretty mediocre imo... but it's new and it's original, so who can complain really? ;P FYI, got mine from Sister Ray on Berwick St. in Soho, London for the princely sum of £7.99. Fopp wanted £10, and I was appalled, so I went straight to SR to compare prices haha!

This starts off very well but seems to run out of steam half way through... after the musical break, it's pretty much "repeat to fade" isn't it? This is quite often the case with Moz's lyrics I find, he has the gem of an idea for a song but then seems content to leave it at that, repeating the chorus over & over instead of adding another verse or two.
He has this reputation as one of the greatest living pop wordsmiths but frustratingly seems content resting on his laurels more and more. Sigh...

This starts off very well but seems to run out of steam half way through... after the musical break, it's pretty much "repeat to fade" isn't it? This is quite often the case with Moz's lyrics I find, he has the gem of an idea for a song but then seems content to leave it at that, repeating the chorus over & over instead of adding another verse or two.
He has this reputation as one of the greatest living pop wordsmiths but frustratingly seems content resting on his laurels more and more. Sigh...
it almost seems too long,still a great song and great vocals.

Was this one completed during te LIHS sessions? Because if so I'm about to throw my computer that this didn't make it.
No, Sunset Studios at the same time as California Son.
Regards,
FWD.

Brow of My Beloved is the best Morrissey song for years; so grateful for the digital upload - it's what made me sign up for this site.

Back
Top Bottom