Wedding Bell Blues Chart (#1 UK vinyl singles ) - Morrissey Central; 2nd most played on Radio 2

lover_to_be_vinyl_wvnxqe.jpg

"Morrissey's 45 is Number 1 on the Official UK Vinyl Chart this week."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/wedding-bell-blues-chart

Regards,
FWD.

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/vinyl-singles-chart/

The single does not appear in the Official Singles Chart Top 100.

UPDATE 10:15 AM PT:

Link also posted by Thewlis:

Wedding Bell Blues Radio. - Morrissey Central
May 16, 2019

Morrissey's "Wedding Bell Blues" is the second most played song on Radio 2 this week.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done, Moz, also the 3rd most played song on BBC Radio 2 this week.
And nearing half a million plays on Spotify now. Things are looking bright.

ANOTHER HIT RECORD FOR MOZ!!!!:rock:

ANOTHER NO 1 CHARBUSTER FOR MOZ!!!:rock:

THIS IS INCREDIBLE WHAT A SUCCESS FOR MOZ SOLD OUT TOURS MAKING HIM MILLIONS AND NO 1 RECORDS!!:rock:

(nothing on the blinkered:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: miniscule tour, last word was gross of 4 quid;))

Skinny puppets, the c*** al-islam salaam, the cucks at the guardian, the cometic one,
FH mike, must all be checking themselves for symptoms.:lbf: poor mediocre twats)

Well done, Moz, also the 3rd most played song on BBC Radio 2 this week.
And nearing half a million plays on Spotify now. Things are looking bright.

Ooh interesting - thanks.
Where do you get the R2 data from?
Compare my Radio website was great for this kind of stuff but seems to have been taken offline for months.

Do you think the album will get to number 1 in the real charts?

Do you mean that if it doesn't it will be a failure? Any position 1-10 will be a success, as always. Particularly this one, being an odd one, that is, a covers album.

Some of California Son's chart success will be dependent on how well albums released on the 17th are doing. The National & Tyler... could have impressive sales to keep it at bay - maybe.
I don't believe there's anything released next Friday that could challenge a high placement otherwise and the multiple formats will help.
Regarding the single, well that's not such an accolade given how broken the vinyl 45 chart is. Because they don't show sales data (despite it existing/being created each time the record is scanned), it is hard to tell if it sold 5000 copies or 50 to go up 9 places to make number 1.
You can actually only sell a few records now to get top 10. This was well evidenced by All The Young People... re-entering the 45 chart for one week in April '19 (a year old record). The sales must have been tiny, but it charted nonetheless.
I used to enjoy records battling it out in the charts, but those days have gone.
I'm happy to see the single do relatively well, but without more clear information, it seems a bit of a damp squib.
That said, I'm optimistic that Radio 2, same day release of all formats & little competition on the day will lead to a good placing on the regular album charts for California Son.
Regards,
FWD.

Do you think the album will get to number 1 in the real charts?

Low in High School sold 25,000 copies in week 1 (UK). This was only enough to make #5 I think.
However, this last week, the #1 album (Pink) sold just over 10,000 copies.
The Morrissey album has had strong support on Radio 2, Europe's number one station, with Wedding Blues on the A-list. The reviews for the album have generally been more positive than LIHS but we'll have a true view of critical consensus by next Friday. So, it should do as well if not better than LIHS.
However, his now unambiguous support for a toxic right-wing political party will have a big impact. My guess is that it will knock sales down by maybe a third to a half. So, if it had been on course for, say 20,000, sales it may now be pushed down to 10,000. Some weeks, that's enough for #1 - other weeks it might not make the top 5. Whatever happens, wearing the pin for the ghastly, tiny minded, militaristic, protect-the-rich, f***the planet, For Bigots will cost him dear, and many people (including me) will say 'serves him right'.

Low in High School sold 25,000 copies in week 1 (UK). This was only enough to make #5 I think.
However, this last week, the #1 album (Pink) sold just over 10,000 copies.
The Morrissey album has had strong support on Radio 2, Europe's number one station, with Wedding Blues on the A-list. The reviews for the album have generally been more positive than LIHS but we'll have a true view of critical consensus by next Friday. So, it should do as well if not better than LIHS.
However, his now unambiguous support for a toxic right-wing political party will have a big impact. My guess is that it will knock sales down by maybe a third to a half. So, if it had been on course for, say 20,000, sales it may now be pushed down to 10,000. Some weeks, that's enough for #1 - other weeks it might not make the top 5. Whatever happens, wearing the pin for the ghastly, tiny minded, militaristic, protect-the-rich, f***the planet, For Bigots will cost him dear, and many people (including me) will say 'serves him right'.
Nah. you're overestimating the impact that silly pin has.
Maybe the fact that it will be a covers album and no original songs may have some impact.
And also the fact that he has done and will not do anything to promote it in the UK will impact on sales.
World Peace sold 18,000 in its first week, LIHS 25,000 (with a lot of UK-promotion and a big radio hit).
I'm guessing CS will shift 12,000-18,000 which as you said would mean a nr 1 this week, but could be 2-6 in any other week.

Nah. you're overestimating the impact that silly pin has.
Maybe the fact that it will be a covers album and no original songs may have some impact.
And also the fact that he has done and will not do anything to promote it in the UK will impact on sales.
World Peace sold 18,000 in its first week, LIHS 25,000 (with a lot of UK-promotion and a big radio hit).
I'm guessing CS will shift 12,000-18,000 which as you said would mean a nr 1 this week, but could be 2-6 in any other week.

Its also up against the 2nd week of the Nationals new album, their arena sold out in minutes yesterday so reckon that will be a big seller for a couple of weeks.

Its also up against the 2nd week of the Nationals new album, their arena sold out in minutes yesterday so reckon that will be a big seller for a couple of weeks.
Doubt it. Their last album entered the chart at number one but plummeted to 9 in the second week.
And they don't seem to have much radio-airplay it seems.
Some fine music on it though :thumb:

Doubt it. Their last album entered the chart at number one but plummeted to 9 in the second week.
And they don't seem to have much radio-airplay it seems.
Some fine music on it though :thumb:

Plummeted? Where did LIHS plummet to after reaching the the heady heights of number 5?

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom