"Wedding Bell Blues" w/Billie Joe Armstrong details (ltd clear yellow vinyl 7", May 10, 2019)

https://www.crashrecords.co.uk/prod...-limited-edition-clear-yellow-vinyl-7-single/

Crash taking pre-orders

46609_wedding_bell_blues_crash.jpg

UPDATE 2:30PM PT:

b-side noted by Alexi:

TRACK LISTING

Side A 1. Wedding Bell Blues
Side B 1. Brow of My Beloved

Famous when dead posted similar information from Piccadilly Records with a May 10, 2019 release date.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
is this an international rsd release or just a uk one?
I think the listing on Piccadilly is a bit erroneous & misleading.
By "RSD stores exclusive" - I think that means the same as the blue vinyl album: indie stores only.
I don't think the 7" has anything to do with RSD itself unlike Lover-To-Be.
To answer the rest of your question - see the link I posted from Rough Trade USA - $9.99 - 4 posts above.
Regards,
FWD.

I'm looking forward to hearing this. I was never into to Green Day but went to see American Idiot - The Musical in Manchester and thought it was brilliant.

So, is this the first single from California Sun or is it It's Over?
Although saying anything definitive would be a bit premature, it appears the Robert Mitchum-covered It's Over 7" will not be appearing anytime soon.
Record Store Day is a month away and Lover-To-Be will appear then - a month later Wedding Bell Blues will appear.
That does not leave a huge window to release another single.
Add to that: some anecdotal evidence that the Warners rep that sells in music to my very reliable indie shop has only information about Wedding... / Lover... / California... release dates & products and I'd say it wasn't happening and Wedding... will be the first physical product.
Regards,
FWD.

Although saying anything definitive would be a bit premature, it appears the Robert Mitchum-covered It's Over 7" will not be appearing anytime soon.
Record Store Day is a month away and Lover-To-Be will appear then - a month later Wedding Bell Blues will appear.
That does not leave a huge window to release another single.
Add to that: some anecdotal evidence that the Warners rep that sells in music to my very reliable indie shop has only information about Wedding... / Lover... / California... release dates & products and I'd say it wasn't happening and Wedding... will be the first physical product.
Regards,
FWD.
Thanks! I rarely buy singles, so I'm not entirely sure how these things work (especially these days), but is it normal for a second single (Wedding Bell Blues) to be promoted before the first single (Lover-To-Be) has been released? And, in the digital era, is it normal to promote an album track that isn't a single (It's Over)?

Thanks! I rarely buy singles, so I'm not entirely sure how these things work (especially these days), but is it normal for a second single (Wedding Bell Blues) to be promoted before the first single (Lover-To-Be) has been released? And, in the digital era, is it normal to promote an album track that isn't a single (It's Over)?
It's not the easiest of things to answer to be honest.
To answer the first part: no, if It's Over was the first 'single' then, yes, it would be odd for shops to be listing/picturing Wedding Bell Blues beforehand.
Probably, the idea of a vinyl release came and went & Morrissey Central just jumped the gun before it was a certainty.
IMHO, if they wanted to push the track, they'd of done similar to Spent The Day In Bed, but it was not to be.
I think things changed and with a narrow time frame - It's Over just became an inducement to pre-order the album.
The second part of your question is debatable - depending on the artist/company.
I think the term to get interest in an album by selling a track off it (not necessarily the first single) is referred to as an "instant grat".
It will normally lead people to pre-order the album minus the cost of the track. That said, the instant grat (normally hosted on YouTube then sold digitally) can be the lead single too - with physical product thereafter. So, all very confusing.
BMG have done this previously. Similarly, they've staggered release times between digital & physical products - something that was never historically done prior (especially if a certain someone likes high chart placement).
It may all come out in the wash one day :)
Regards,
FWD.

Ok. That's all well and good, but what if that song is also bad?

Where does it end?

Well normally someone somewhere likes any song, so it will probably be alright. On Morrissey albums I have not liked in their entirety, there have been a couple of songs I have liked.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom