"Wedding Bell Blues" w/Billie Joe Armstrong digital release, BBC Radio 2 first play (Apr. 8, 2019)

UPDATE Apr. 8:

Here's the official one:

Posted by Thewlis:

Now on Spotify!

20190407_030323.jpg

Wedding Bell Blues was played earlier today on the Ken Bruce show as a world exclusive.
Digital versions and a YouTube video followed thereafter.
It is reportedly the 22 year anniversary of Laura Nyro's passing today also (thanks Anon for the info).
The radio broadcast and other versions are available in the download section.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting:
20190408_200306.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Courtesy of Johnny Marr's IG story feed
(made me chuckle):

View attachment 48599

I guess maybe next week?
Seems odd to have a 'world exclusive' and then drop it like a hot potato.
I'll stick to my 50's radio dramas.
Regards,
FWD.
Moz and Marr on Britain's biggest radio station's A-list in 2019 would be quite something, certainly not anyone could have predicted in the last 32 years or so.

I'm glad Johnny is doing well, this could well be his biggest hit since Easy Money, with has 5,7 million streams as of now.
Moz's will also do well, but not nearly as well as Spent the Day in Bed I think.

I realise we have those who absolutely feel the need to adore everything he releases, but here's a reality check. That's shit, It was shit when it was first released as a song by whatever gobshite felt the need, and age as done the song no favours, or Morrissey come to that, it's beyond bollocks, lift music of the worst order, really not very good at all, I hope he's taking the piss I hope in years to come in autobiography II he admits it was a bet with Boz to see if he could get a positive reaction for absolutely anything they did, and admits this was the worse thing they could come up with. I mean who? what the f*** what are you thinking? are you thinking? and I mean you lot as well as him, get a grip, absolute shite.
Couldn't agree more. I quite liked the other two, but this is really awful, and the arrangement is a mess.

Undoubtedly the weakest track from the covers album so far. The original just isn't a very good song. Sorry.

(made me chuckle):

View attachment 48599

I guess maybe next week?
Regards,
FWD.
john boys in the A list with such musical heavyweights as bananarama and will young,exalted company indeed.even keifer Sutherlands got a song in the C list,imagine it got to 24.

Last edited:
reminded me of the seventies the way their was very few breaks,voice was good,bit of a stripped back production.

Woah, this was much jauntier than I was expecting! Almost a Kill Uncle feel to it? Anyway, good stuff, and I'm looking forward to the album even more now!

Interesting. I was just thinking at what time in his career he might have attempted this musical style, and I also settled for Kill Uncle. If only they had tried harder on Kill Uncle, with a more uplifting production and some backing vocals, they might have come up with something similar. And honestly, the musical style works fine for Morrissey at his golden age.

(made me chuckle):

View attachment 48599

I guess maybe next week?
Regards,
FWD.

It was 2 or 3 weeks after Radio 2 gave Spent the Day its exclusive first play before adding it to their playlist. There have also been other times when a Morrissey song first play hasn't been added to the playlists at all.

I actually quite like it, there is a pleasant, cheesy swing to it, I reckon it’s been released first due to BJA being a relatively big name. And for Johnny Marr, well I love the bloke but his voice still does nothing for me, I’d rather hear Moz sing every rightly forgotten pop song from the 70s than a lot of his solo material I’m afraid.

john boys in the A list with such musical heavyweights as bananarama and will young,exalted company indeed.even keifer Sutherlands got a song in the C list,imagine it got to 24.

Armatopia really is a breath of fresh air. Reminds me of the 1980s when the Smiths were on the charts surrounded by absolute garbage.

Armatopia really is a breath of fresh air. Reminds me of the 1980s when the Smiths were on the charts surrounded by absolute garbage.

Sadly, this Marr song sounds like the 'absolute garbage' the Smiths were once surrounded by. Bland singing, nonsense lyrics, forgettable melody.

Let me preface this by saying I don't love everything Morrissey does - I don't care much for LIHS. This seems like a fun song... it's Morrissey not taking himself too seriously. It's OK in my book. All 3 of these covers make we want to hear the full album... I honestly didn't know what to expect for this album.

Sadly, this Marr song sounds like the 'absolute garbage' the Smiths were once surrounded by. Bland singing, nonsense lyrics, forgettable melody.

I hear absolutely spot on commentary on climate change, an impeccable melody and an irresistible dance beat. And apparently he wrote this song to order as a stand alone single to do exactly what it is doing now - to get him a massive amount of airplay prior to embarking on his summer tour.

I hear absolutely spot on commentary on climate change, an impeccable melody and an irresistible dance beat. And apparently he wrote this song to order as a stand alone single to do exactly what it is doing now - to get him a massive amount of airplay prior to embarking on his summer tour.

Well ... I know it's about climate change because Johnny pointed it out. Wouldn't have crossed my mind for a second if he had not pointed it out.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom