"Wedding Bell Blues" w/Billie Joe Armstrong digital release, BBC Radio 2 first play (Apr. 8, 2019)

UPDATE Apr. 8:

Here's the official one:

Posted by Thewlis:

Now on Spotify!

20190407_030323.jpg

Wedding Bell Blues was played earlier today on the Ken Bruce show as a world exclusive.
Digital versions and a YouTube video followed thereafter.
It is reportedly the 22 year anniversary of Laura Nyro's passing today also (thanks Anon for the info).
The radio broadcast and other versions are available in the download section.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think each single is better than the previous single. It might be that the newest is just fresher to me, but this is starting to sound like an amazing covers album.

I really enjoyed it too. I can`t wait for the album.

which annoying comet song will DramaJ piggyback to the next successful Moz hit?o_O

maybe Hooky can get in the action piggyback one of his awful computer chips on there too?:lbf:

the Lawnmowers can have Hooky on another sucky documentary to finish up the proceedings.:horny:

outrageous behavior by this team of twats:mad:

Was really skeptical about how BJA’s voice would mesh but it’s excellent. I enjoy the production, sounds intentionally vintage, it’s pretty scooped as far as mids. This producer has mastered capturing Morrissey’s vocal. These are his strongest vocals maybe ever.

Swimmingly smart!! As great as I was hoping it could ever be!! Falling in love with Moz all over again!

Last edited:
I don't get Morrissey choosing this song. I wanted him to do a Brian Wilson. One of the weirder ones. Surfs Up maybe. It's more Los Angeles. Maybe he wants to give a nod to Gay Marriage.

Its really well done and isn't it unusual and interesting to have a male/male love song - can you think of another where that dynamic is so clear? Morrissey is clearly pushing that aspect in his cover. In the original the name Bill is used only once at the start of the song but in this version Morrissey sings Bill over and over again. In doping so he is being explict about the gender of the object of his desire and and the other male voice adds to that further.

Only listened on a tinny Samsung phone but am pleasantly surprised by how jaunty and upbeat these covers are, even if they are certainly done, but not overdone, with a heavy lashing of knowing irony. His voice sounds remarkable for someone pushing 60. His songwriting craft has dwindled but perversely his actual singing sounds better than ever. Ever the contrarian?
Could be Morrissey's most consistent "longplayer" release in a while. Here's hoping.

Quite like this. Wish he'd write original stuff in this style. Also, that's the most Smiths-y ending to one of his songs since 1987!

Its really well done and isn't it unusual and interesting to have a male/male love song - can you think of another where that dynamic is so clear? Morrissey is clearly pushing that aspect in his cover. In the original the name Bill is used only once at the start of the song but in this version Morrissey sings Bill over and over again. In doping so he is being explict about the gender of the object of his desire and and the other male voice adds to that further.
could easily have been Jill

obvious about his early 80s crush on snooker legend bill werbeniuk - dreadful either way , it really is over isn't it? my grandad goes to the wmc on a wed to watch acts do this sort of stuff- typical to sing a song where the 3 words -me -I - and you feature heavily as is the norm

Last edited:
I realise we have those who absolutely feel the need to adore everything he releases, but here's a reality check. That's shit, It was shit when it was first released as a song by whatever gobshite felt the need, and age as done the song no favours, or Morrissey come to that, it's beyond bollocks, lift music of the worst order, really not very good at all, I hope he's taking the piss I hope in years to come in autobiography II he admits it was a bet with Boz to see if he could get a positive reaction for absolutely anything they did, and admits this was the worse thing they could come up with. I mean who? what the f*** what are you thinking? are you thinking? and I mean you lot as well as him, get a grip, absolute shite.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom