"Wedding Bell Blues" w/Billie Joe Armstrong digital release, BBC Radio 2 first play (Apr. 8, 2019)

UPDATE Apr. 8:

Here's the official one:

Posted by Thewlis:

Now on Spotify!

20190407_030323.jpg

Wedding Bell Blues was played earlier today on the Ken Bruce show as a world exclusive.
Digital versions and a YouTube video followed thereafter.
It is reportedly the 22 year anniversary of Laura Nyro's passing today also (thanks Anon for the info).
The radio broadcast and other versions are available in the download section.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this! Morrissey's voice is so warm and lush - makes me wish I was Bill... I'm so looking forward to this album!

I realise we have those who absolutely feel the need to adore everything he releases, but here's a reality check. That's shit, It was shit when it was first released as a song by whatever gobshite felt the need, and age as done the song no favours, or Morrissey come to that, it's beyond bollocks, lift music of the worst order, really not very good at all, I hope he's taking the piss I hope in years to come in autobiography II he admits it was a bet with Boz to see if he could get a positive reaction for absolutely anything they did, and admits this was the worse thing they could come up with. I mean who? what the f*** what are you thinking? are you thinking? and I mean you lot as well as him, get a grip, absolute shite.
So you dislike this song then?? You should go down to your working men’s social club with the other chap this Wednesday, you might just see his grandad duetting with dame Edna average

So you dislike this song then?? You should go down to your working men’s social club with the other chap this Wednesday, you might just see his grandad duetting with dame Edna average
Yep ok? not sure what this means but I'm up for that.

Armatopia really is a breath of fresh air. Reminds me of the 1980s when the Smiths were on the charts surrounded by absolute garbage.

Armatopia is very reminiscent of New Order in the 80s to me, which sort of takes us back to Electronic times. Catchy tune and decent singing.

it doesn’t feel quite right listening to this with my fathers name being william/bill, what with mozza singing it in such a fruity voice but nonetheless it’s very smooth and enjoyable

Last edited:
I think Morrissey is having a lot of fun with this song. He's turned it into a swinging camp romp, the artistry and the skill lies is in the phasing which skips and sails effortlessly. Its a great vocal performances right to the end.

"ANDINYOURVOICE -I -HEAR-A-CHOIROFCAROUSELS"
"I-WAS-THE-ONE-WHO-CAME-RUNNING........."
"OH BILL COME-ON BILL........."

A couple of poor quality pics circulating with website articles (non-English).

IMG_20190408_235253.jpg

FB_IMG_1554763783875.jpg

From the Ramones event by looks of it.
Regards,
FWD.

There’ll be backup singers on this tour.

Morrissey hasn’t been able to pull off the falsetto live in 30 years. Studio does wonders for an old karaoke singer. ;)

I realise we have those who absolutely feel the need to adore everything he releases, but here's a reality check. That's shit, It was shit when it was first released as a song by whatever gobshite felt the need, and age as done the song no favours, or Morrissey come to that, it's beyond bollocks, lift music of the worst order, really not very good at all, I hope he's taking the piss I hope in years to come in autobiography II he admits it was a bet with Boz to see if he could get a positive reaction for absolutely anything they did, and admits this was the worse thing they could come up with. I mean who? what the f*** what are you thinking? are you thinking? and I mean you lot as well as him, get a grip, absolute shite.

So...

you don’t like it?

Let me preface this by saying I don't love everything Morrissey does - I don't care much for LIHS. This seems like a fun song... it's Morrissey not taking himself too seriously. It's OK in my book. All 3 of these covers make we want to hear the full album... I honestly didn't know what to expect for this album.

This seems like a fun song... it's Morrissey not taking himself too seriously. ‘

:thumb:

Exactly! and the album as a whole is gonna be an interesting listen, can’t wait.

Love the layers of backing vocals on this, and the playful piano, a real romp!

You know they were having fun in the studio with this one. And Morrissey has probably been singing this one in the shower since it was originally released.

Lighten up, folks.

:)

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom