Weird things people say to you about Moz.

I have "all you need is me" as the ring tone and my colleague was like, "Isnt that from a band from Turkey??":p:rolleyes:

"You hiss and groan
And you choke on a bone
That you don't ever throw away.
And that's because, all you need is meat."

See the connection from 'turkey' to 'meat'?

Ahem

"You hiss and groan
And you choke on a bone
That you don't ever throw away.
And that's because, all you need is meat."

See the connection from 'turkey' to 'meat'?

Ahem

:D haha yes I do ;) but she told me she was rather referring to the melody??:confused::p

I put the Smiths on in the pub last night and this guy started complaining that 'all the songs sound the same'. I pointed out my Morrissey t shirt and told him to shut up or i'd sock him one. He's such a dick. He also once said 'System of a Down are by far the best band'.

I put the Smiths on in the pub last night and this guy started complaining that 'all the songs sound the same'. I pointed out my Morrissey t shirt and told him to shut up or i'd sock him one. He's such a dick. He also once said 'System of a Down are by far the best band'.

Oh wow:rolleyes: makes me think of that "Chop Suey" song....and those guys in that band seriously scare me:(

my postman was at my door once and i was leaving wearing a morrissey shirt and he was all like "who's at on your shirt?" i told him and he was all like "ah, e's too borin for me, e is. e's right borin. i prefer clapton. that's my music that is."

so that happened.

My Dad said:

"If you didn't wanna kill yourself before you certainly would after hearing that."

"It's music to slash your wrists to."

!! whats with all the AFI fans on here lately! davey is coming back to haunt me....
There are others? Haha. I think Davey has that affect on people.

Anyway, I went out to lunch with my aunt a few months ago with a Moz shirt on. She said he was really sexy and asked if he was single. I think she was only half joking.

One Christmas, my uncle told me that the present he had got me wasn't his number one ideal gift to give me but he couldn't find the latest Van Morrison release to get me. As I looked completely non-plussed at this missed opportunity, I broke the silence with "You mean...Morrissey?"

Thank god HMV in York is shit.

EDIT - that was my 1,000th post. Christ.

Back in college I wore my Your Arsenal t-shirt to class.
Someone said "I didn't know you like Elvis!"

I just smiled. "Yeah, he's great"

Back in college I wore my Your Arsenal t-shirt to class.
Someone said "I didn't know you like Elvis!"

I just smiled. "Yeah, he's great"

Just yesterday, I was paying for a purchase in Pier 1 Imports and the cashier said to me, "Is that Elvis on your wristwatch?". Then she said, "Do you think the Smiths will ever get back together?".:rolleyes::D

This what people normally say:

"I don't understand why you go to so many Morrissey concerts"

"Don't you find him depressing?"

"Who? Van Morrisson?"

"He is very strange"

"I like one his tunes....whatsit called now...first of the gang?"

"Ooh, I didn't know he is still going"

"He looks like a gangster these days"

"He is very British"

"Oh yes oh yes - He did the charming man!"

:p

...Sorry a few more:

"I saw him on Jonathan Ross and I think he's a bit weird"

"Isn't he quite difficult?"

"He is very charismatic"

"I saw one of his videos and was surprised to see that so many people want to get on stage - why?"

A number of conversations between my father and I have been along the lines of......

"he's that druggie isn't he?"

"No, that's Jim Morrison"

"Oh right, you mean the Irish bloke"

"That's Van Morrison"

And so forth and so forth.....

It's usually awkward when I tell people that I like Morrissey because I get very excited, but people rarely know who I'm even talking about so they just nervous nod and smile.

One time a girl asked me, "oh so you like the Smiths?" Me: "Yes." Her: Are you a sad kid?" Me: "uhhh.....":confused:

I get who Van Morrison?? alot Or that weird Britsh gay man. He's still around I thought he killed himself. People just have no clue. Least my friends know of him because of me, though none get why I like him so much.

My girlfriend calls his "Moze" (thinking that's how to pronounce Moz) :rolleyes:
She hasn't one clue about who he is. Poor thing. :p

Back
Top Bottom