Welcome to Morrissey-Solo

I'm millennial and I love The Smiths and Morrissey stuff since 2015. Btw, I can't fit to the modern music nowadays (some of it but not many) because they have a bunch of ridiculous lyrics. But not all of them like that, but it's hard to find good music now. :straightface: :straightface: :straightface:

I still don't know how to start a thread here...:straightface:

upload_2018-6-22_19-53-59.jpeg
Long time fan, and created s new one.

Attachments

• 48CDE3EC-E0ED-42E5-AE17-711C63235936.jpeg
    48CDE3EC-E0ED-42E5-AE17-711C63235936.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 0
Hi everybody, I'm a newbie from UK, love the forum (thanks), been watching/reading for a while from a safe distance. I've never posted until today, not sure that I'll be a regular poster, & not yet sure how this forum works, but I'm sure I'll pick it up soon enough. I've loved the Smiths since their start in the '80's after seeing a concert on (strangely) German TV - Music-laden or something - I was living over there at the time. Only recently (past 2 years) have been totally hooked (& I mean totally hooked) on Morrissey's music, so making up for lost time. Got vast majority of his albums & absolutely love them all. I'm currently focused on Swords - love it, so many beautiful tracks.
Anyway, 'Hi' everyone it's nice to be here, & Moz, thanks for the music. Love ya man.

I’m newish to the site but I’ve been a fan since 2006 when I heard wonderful woman one night while driving home and almost drove into a ditch. Since then, I have felt like morrissey sings from within my own soul. Sigh. Long live Morrissey!

I’ve seen him live three times and met him once ♥️

Hi, I'm a new member to this site, although been reading posts for years. I found Moz when I was 15 and now..30 years later..I love him even more now. None of my friends or family understand my obsession and frankly, it bothers me not. My ex husband hated my devotion to Moz too. I love the man and travel the UK to see him whenever he tours and how ever many times I can afford to do so. I'm never dissapointed. Nice to be amongst like minded people for once!

Greetings from the USA. Been listening to the Smiths and Morrissey since the 80s. Maybe I will have something of interest to contribute to this informative site/community. Thanks for having me :)

Last edited:
I don't particularly have anything to add to this discussion, I just wanted to introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Cocoa Girl, how is everyone?

:rolleyes:

you dont happen to be buds with Melvin the 55 yr old Polish Punk Rocker?:straightface:

Hi All,

I was introduced to Morrissey in college in 89 by a gay high school BF though I'd heard OF the Smiths as far back as high school in a small town in the USA. Said BF and I had many adventures ahead of us, but in 89 I started out with Louder than Bombs at an ex's suggestion and a cassette recording of my BF's Viva Hate. Bona Drag brought me fully into the fold, and I ended up collecting all of the Smiths' & Morrissey's music. The summer after college graduation, I moved in with the BF, and we had the Smiths and Morrissey music on repeat 24/7. So I had to give the music to a 3rd party for safe-keeping, because it didn't seem sane. By the time Vauxhall came out, my BF was bored of his music, but I thought the album was brilliant. YA has always been my fave. Besides some singles and his Best Of collection, that was the end for me until Dog came out, and I'm really just starting to listen to it more frequently. My ears are very sensitive and post Vauxhall was loud, however, I am finding as I grow older that I respect and perhaps love Morrissey as a person and that matters significantly. He has captured me in his own lyrical way. The A-Z threads are my catch up! For me, the Smiths' albums are no longer relevant to listen to although a single here & there is fun as are the memories.

Hi All,

I was introduced to Morrissey in college in 89 by a gay high school BF though I'd heard OF the Smiths as far back as high school in a small town in the USA. Said BF and I had many adventures ahead of us, but in 89 I started out with Louder than Bombs at an ex's suggestion and a cassette recording of my BF's Viva Hate. Bona Drag brought me fully into the fold, and I ended up collecting all of the Smiths' & Morrissey's music. The summer after college graduation, I moved in with the BF, and we had the Smiths and Morrissey music on repeat 24/7. So I had to give the music to a 3rd party for safe-keeping, because it didn't seem sane. By the time Vauxhall came out, my BF was bored of his music, but I thought the album was brilliant. YA has always been my fave. Besides some singles and his Best Of collection, that was the end for me until Dog came out, and I'm really just starting to listen to it more frequently. My ears are very sensitive and post Vauxhall was loud, however, I am finding as I grow older that I respect and perhaps love Morrissey as a person and that matters significantly. He has captured me in his own lyrical way. The A-Z threads are my catch up! For me, the Smiths' albums are no longer relevant to listen to although a single here & there is fun as are the memories.
That’s a great “origin story”! Welcome, Jen! Have you rediscovered any good stuff yet?

Back
Top Bottom