What am I doing wrong?

I'm female, and what are the signs of guys interested in you? Honestly I don't think I could tell:straightface:
Thanks for the advice by the way!

They talk to you, take an interest in what you have to say, ask questions about what you are interested in, stand closer to you and bend they head to the side to actually listen to you, Men are rarely pay compliments, but joke more. Most of the time it just happens but you've got to put yourself into social situations.

I find this thread to be helpful. Cathartic almost. Vicariously cathartic, but cathartic nonetheless.

Glad it's helpful, I don't regret having started this thread then :o

They talk to you, take an interest in what you have to say, ask questions about what you are interested in, stand closer to you and bend they head to the side to actually listen to you, Men are rarely pay compliments, but joke more. Most of the time it just happens but you've got to put yourself into social situations.

Thanks for the info cornelius, that's definitely good to know! It seems that guys tend to treat me more as if I were a puppy or a kitten:straightface:

Thank you for your perspective on this Disappointed! I'm in no rush whatsoever to be in a relationship at all, like I've said, I'm very weary of ever going into one because I know how miserable people tend to be in them, I've never fully understood why people put up with other people like that. And also, I'm weary of people's motives at times. So I'm in no rush, I'm just a tad curious why I've never really gotten approached like other people tend to be is all, and I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this.
Again, thanks for your insight:)

I have been in miserable relationships, but the one I'm in now is wonderfully blissful. :love: If you're in a relationship with the right person, then a relationship can be all kinds of wonderful. Not all relationships are bad.

Really?
That sounds lovely. I wish someone would chat me up!!:love:
how do you know this? you should write a book!

This is a most helpful thread!!!:nicethread:

I have been in miserable relationships, but the one I'm in now is wonderfully blissful. :love: If you're in a relationship with the right person, then a relationship can be all kinds of wonderful. Not all relationships are bad.

That's good to know! :o Honestly, I've just never understood how people can deal with another person for so long, It really does baffle my mind, but I guess it's one of those things you have to experience to understand fully.

Really?
That sounds lovely. I wish someone would chat me up!!:love:
how do you know this? you should write a book!

This is a most helpful thread!!!:nicethread:

Aww I'm glad it's helpful!! I was so apprehensive of starting it in the first place but I'm glad it's been helpful!

I thought more people on here would be able to relate being a Moz forum and all, but I'm glad too see I'm not the only one :o

If people have told you that you're pretty, then it's very unlikely that you're "exceptionally ugly".

But if you're beautiful, have your own style and opinions, adhere to these and are intelligent and articulate - then that's it. Most men can't handle that, mostly those below 30 and with average intelligence.
And they wouldn't be worth it anyhow. :)

I would say that's very true.
People tell me that I look good, I have my own style and opinions, I'm smart and I can talk. I have humour too. People that know me say this about me.
I'm 36 and I have no man.
But I can't find anyone I want. Too many smoke or think too much about themselves. Most men lie more or less. I hate lies. Too often I find that other people don't think like I do.
So for that reason I stay alone instead of having to play someone I'm not or try to like something I don't like.
But if there was anyone that I found interestring I would try to get to know him. I have done that too. But it didn't turn out good.
With me I think there is another problem. I look younger than I am. Something that I don't like. Some people think I'm 25 or something like that. This also means that many men who try to pick me up are around 25. Not over 30 anyway. I personally would like a man in my age or older. Most men, including Morrissey, that I have a crush on are older than me. There aren't many men even at 40 who would pick up a woman at 25. They think I'm 25 when I'm 36. Most people look for someone around their own age.

Just lie back and think of England. He will come in the end.

I think Kevin Costner said that.

when he was in prison after the Stonewall riots, yeah.

waterworld1.jpg

But I can't find anyone I want. Too many smoke or think too much about themselves. Most men lie more or less. I hate lies. Too often I find that other people don't think like I do.
So for that reason I stay alone instead of having to play someone I'm not or try to like something I don't like.
But if there was anyone that I found interestring I would try to get to know him. I have done that too. But it didn't turn out good.
With me I think there is another problem. I look younger than I am. Something that I don't like. Some people think I'm 25 or something like that. This also means that many men who try to pick me up are around 25. Not over 30 anyway. I personally would like a man in my age or older. Most men, including Morrissey, that I have a crush on are older than me. There aren't many men even at 40 who would pick up a woman at 25. They think I'm 25 when I'm 36. Most people look for someone around their own age.

:eek: Holy cow! That's the same exact problem I have too, all of it!! People tend to think I'm younger than I am too, they think I'm 16! :straightface:
And I have the same problem of finding people who think like me, plus I gravitate towards older guys too!!
The only difference is that no guys have ever really tried to 'pick me' up ever:squiffy:

There's a danger of this thread turning into a 'men are crap' thread.

I'd just like to say 'men are wonderful' - nearly as cool as women!

Hurrah for men! Bravo!

Short/tall, fat/thin, clever/dense, funny/humourless, old/young(ish), Scottish/foreign, I think you are all swell!:)

For hot dates call 'Inverbeg 221':lbf: (seriously, don't, it's a Craig Ferguson/Bing Hitler joke):lbf::lbf::lbf:

If at first you don't succeed, lower your expectations...:D

Seriously, you can maintain your self-respect whilst acknowledging that no-one is going to meet all your hopes.

Well small mercies, I'm 35 and have been single for about 8 years.
I wish i were in my early 20's, when you get to my ripe age it's all couples and finding someone is even harder.
Then again going to waste in the wrong arms is something I'd not do and would rather be left on the shelf.
Keep in there, if i've got hope then so should you.

Well small mercies, I'm 35 and have been single for about 8 years.
I wish i were in my early 20's, when you get to my ripe age it's all couples and finding someone is even harder.
Then again going to waste in the wrong arms is something I'd not do and would rather be left on the shelf.
Keep in there, if i've got hope then so should you.

Heh, I don't really have much hope, if I'm single now I probably will still be single in the future :straightface:

I’ll never be anybody’s lover now
Things I’ve heard and I’ve seen
And I’ve felt and I’ve been
Tell me I’ll never be anybody’s lover now
It begins in the heart
And it hurts when it’s true
It only hurts because it’s true

C'mon, how could I not quote that :o

Heh, I don't really have much hope, if I'm single now I probably will still be single in the future :straightface:

So what? I'm single and always have been. It may not be normal but the world would be a boring place if everyone was the same and did the same thing. You should praise yourself for not copying everyone else and being different.

People like us are rare, if it bothers other people then it's only because they are shallow and expect us all to be the same.

Me personally, I don't give a shit about other people's expectations if they can't handle the fact that I prefer being single then that's their problem not mine.

I don't believe in relationships, they are bad for you and make you emotional and then when it doesn't work out (and in most cases it won't) then you'll get hurt.

Even though I've never been in a proper relationship, I've been hurt because I've fallen for people, got close to them/let them get close to me and then been rejected by them and it took me ages to get over it and I never want to feel like that ever again. It made me hate being human and having feelings. I kept wishing that I had no feelings.

Anyway I didn't read everything you put so don't know your reasons for being single, they probably aren't the same as mine so nevermind.

You are two years younger than me...! I am very much single. A few of my friends are engaged/married but most are also single. Someone has probably already said this further back but you shouldn't assume you are doing something 'wrong' just because it hasn't happened for you yet.

So what? I'm single and always have been. It may not be normal but the world would be a boring place if everyone was the same and did the same thing. You should praise yourself for not copying everyone else and being different.

People like us are rare, if it bothers other people then it's only because they are shallow and expect us all to be the same.

Me personally, I don't give a shit about other people's expectations if they can't handle the fact that I prefer being single then that's their problem not mine.

I don't believe in relationships, they are bad for you and make you emotional and then when it doesn't work out (and in most cases it won't) then you'll get hurt.

Even though I've never been in a proper relationship, I've been hurt because I've fallen for people, got close to them/let them get close to me and then been rejected by them and it took me ages to get over it and I never want to feel like that ever again. It made me hate being human and having feelings. I kept wishing that I had no feelings.

Anyway I didn't read everything you put so don't know your reasons for being single, they probably aren't the same as mine so nevermind.

Actually you said exactly the same thing I constantly say to people!! Haha good to see others who think like me:D
The only difference is that I've yet to actually 'fall' for anyone necessarily :o

Back
Top Bottom