What are some of your most loathed songs?

Giselle

wasted 8 of her 9 lives.
Is there a song that just makes your ears bleed?

Or one you want to rant about?

Post it here!

Last edited:
It pains me to say it, but I have to add the (solo) live B-side of "This Charming Man" to this list.

Skylarker included it on the Never-Heard Symphonies.
Somehow I missed this when it came out*. I had seen Youtube videos here and there of it from Morrissey's tours the last few years, but hadn't really paid any attention to it, honestly.

But, after listening to a good quality audio version of it- and hearing one of the most inimitable, jangly intros in all of pop turned into a murky, clanky, unrecognizable mess- I was frankly shocked. It hardly even sounds like the same song at all. I'm sure there is some rationale behind turning it so ugly, but it strikes me as :crazy:

And although Morrissey's voice-and of course the lyrics-remained excellent, I ended up deleting this version from my Itunes. Within minutes of playing it.

To me, if Morrissey never plays the "reworked" version again in person, it'll be too soon.

~okay, rant over~ :o

*I know I'm horribly late to the discussion on this, but I wasn't a member here back in 2009 when the new version appeared.
But, I have enjoyed reading the archived threads on it.

Last edited:
It pains me to say it, but I have to add the (solo) live B-side of "This Charming Man" to this list.

Skylarker included it on the "Never-Heard Symphonies."
Somehow I missed this when it came out*, and I had seen Youtube videos of it from Morrissey's tours the last few years, but hadn't really paid any attention to it.

But after hearing a good quality audio of it- with one of the most inimitable jangly intros in all of rock turned into a murky, clanky, unrecognizable mess- I was quite shocked, frankly. :crazy:

And although Morrissey's voice-and of course the lyrics-remained excellent, I ended up deleting this version from my Itunes.

To me, if Morrissey never plays the "reworked" version again in person, it'll be too soon.

Same with "Ouija Board..." - which is another live "fail" in my book.

~okay, rant over~ :o

*I know I'm horribly late to the discussion on this, but I wasn't a member here back in 2009 when the new version appeared.
But, I have enjoyed reading the archived threads on it.

His arrangement is identical -minus incorrect lyrics- to the version Death Cab for Cutie did very early in in their career. It's on their first album I think. But yeah; identical arrangement.

This one is even worse than the Motley Crue one... because it has the video with it. :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you're nuts if you like that garbage. :D

I'm not saying it's high art but it's just fun 80s glam rock. I like it because it reminds me of when I was little and I used to watch MTV all the time. And it reminds me of carnivals and stuff and babysitters with big hair who I used to have crushes on. I guess it just takes me to a happier time or something. I'm not saying they give Beethoven a run for his money. It's just cheap stupid rock and roll but I like to hear that stuff sometimes.

The song to make your worst enemy listen to on a permanent loop.

I remember some show in 1992, some bootleg I have; Morrissey introduced Seasick, Yet Still Docked as this song. :lbf:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying it's high art but it's just fun 80s glam rock. I like it because it reminds me of when I was little and I used to watch MTV all the time. And it reminds me of carnivals and stuff and babysitters with big hair who I used to have crushes on. I guess it just takes me to a happier time or something. I'm not saying they give Beethoven a run for his money. It's just cheap stupid rock and roll but I like to hear that stuff sometimes.

I hate hair bands. The only music from that genre I can stomach is Def Leppard and they are more metal than anything. I love classic rock and grunge but nothing from glam girls... I mean guys. :D

I remember some show in 1992, some bootleg I have; Morrissey introduced Seasick, Yet Still Docked as this song. :lbf:

There was this one club I used to go out dancing at and they always played that song... sometimes even twice a night. It just ruined my mood. I lost momentum... couldn't dance any longer. But all my friends loved it and kept dancing. I still hate it.

There was this one club I used to go out dancing at and they always played that song... sometimes even twice a night. It just ruined my mood. I lost momentum... couldn't dance any longer. But all my friends loved it and kept dancing. I still hate it.

Seasick Yet Still Docked?! But it's a jam! :p

Back
Top Bottom