What did you dream (last night)?

• Thread starter Deleted member 25370
  • Start date
Then I can only assume their interest in Morrissey was fairly minimal. After all, arguing with all and sundry never deterred you, did it?
WE ALL LOVE LEEDS LASS WE ALL LOVE LEEDS LASS.

Come on, beat that silly Miss Rifle to a pulp. (she's french you know).

tell us about it!! were you having sex with burt Reynolds on a bear skin rug?!
sorry to disappoint you, no sex involved in this dream, but the amount of sickness produced by the image of a bear skin rug with a sprawled hairy ape on top of it comes close to the nausea that i had to endure in my dream.
(thanks folks for NOT postin that reynolds photo at this point again, though we indeed all agree that it is totally funny of course)

i used to have dreams of bears a lot. I would be walking along a country road and would inevitably run into a bear. these bears terrified me and I would wake up with my heart pounding, which was kind of funny because the bears in my dreams were rather lazy specimens who posed no threat to me and never once tried to attack me; most of the time they would be asleep on the side of the road. I wonder what it all means...

Bears in dreams usually symbolise strength, power and independence. Knowing that bears are wild animals, they may be also a symbol of some untamed habits of the dreamer. If a bear in your dream is peaceful and you are just looking at him, it means that you are an independent person in your waking life. You are able take care of yourself and to live your own life. True story (according to dream interpretations websites). (Can't believe you like hairy men btw!):bearface:

I always fly in my dreams. Always always always. I wanted to become an airline pilot when I was a kid, and of course that didn't happen, and in a way I'm glad it didn't because today I find air travel immensely tedious, but there's definitely something there there.

kinda like that time you stuck your nose, wholly without warrant, into my and waters conversation, and got into a real snit about it being off topic despite the fact that you hadn't even attended the forum in months, and no one was even posting in that thread anymore, and none of the regular users at the time seemed to mind. so yeah you better believe im marking your posts off topic whenever I see them veer off topic.

I never read the conversations between you and water (simply because I find reading long posts with no paragraphs difficult), but I will never understand why of all the things going on here on so-low - death wishes, death threats, hate speech, Hitler salutes to name but a few - people (and moderators!) get their panties in a bunch over pleasant off-topic conversation.

Bears in dreams usually symbolise strength, power and independence. Knowing that bears are wild animals, they may be also a symbol of some untamed habits of the dreamer. If a bear in your dream is peaceful and you are just looking at him, it means that you are an independent person in your waking life. You are able take care of yourself and to live your own life. True story (according to dream interpretations websites). (Can't believe you like hairy men btw!):bearface:

I always fly in my dreams. Always always always. I wanted to become an airline pilot when I was a kid, and of course that didn't happen, and in a way I'm glad it didn't because today I find air travel immensely tedious, but there's definitely something there there.
oh but that's not me at all! Im terrible at taking care of myself and my life, that's why it's deteriorated so badly (well, actually, I think it's more like my hearts not in it. when my hearts in something I have no trouble doing what needs to be done). I always just assumed the dreams were because im terrified of bears (true story. someone asked me recently if I wanted to go "hang out and chill in the woods" and after the initial WTF? reaction I was like "hell no!" because in my mind the woods is just teeming with bears and I don't want to end up like poor timothy Treadwell).

I don't think I've ever had a flying dream! are you in an aircraft when you're flying or is it just you flying around like a bird?

I never read the conversations between you and water (simply because I find reading long posts with no paragraphs difficult), but I will never understand why of all the things going on here on so-low - death wishes, death threats, hate speech, Hitler salutes to name but a few - people (and moderators!) get their panties in a bunch over pleasant off-topic conversation.
I don't understand it either! :rolleyes:

oh but that's not me at all! Im terrible at taking care of myself and my life, that's why it's deteriorated so badly (well, actually, I think it's more like my hearts not in it. when my hearts in something I have no trouble doing what needs to be done). I always just assumed the dreams were because im terrified of bears (true story. someone asked me recently if I wanted to go "hang out and chill in the woods" and after the initial WTF? reaction I was like "hell no!" because in my mind the woods is just teeming with bears and I don't want to end up like poor timothy Treadwell).

I don't think I've ever had a flying dream! are you in an aircraft when you're flying or is it just you flying around like a bird?

What would it take for your heart to be in it?

I know you hate my guts but your honesty is so cool and most of the time you sound like me when I was younger and some of it is still left inside of me.
You're still number 1 on the list of Solo people I'd like to meet but we never will and we botk know that.

Please don't reply Miss Rifle!

oh I don't know. a life that isn't so incongruous to who I am. a decent place to live where I could feel settled. access to people who are more my kind of people. a job where I could feel I accomplished something for once.
Daddy feelings, poor little baby!

Let me be the pillow for you to cry on.

What would it take for your heart to be in it?
I say this without any irony or anything, you should lend your support to Rifke in whatever way you can and if anyone is able to then it is you.
I wish you both the best.

I will fook off now.

oh I don't know. a life that isn't so incongruous to who I am. a decent place to live where I could feel settled. access to people who are more my kind of people. a job where I could feel I accomplished something for once.

But those are attainable goals, no? What would it take for your heart to want to get there?

had a morrissey dream in the early morning hours.
there was a moz concert going to happen in a city that i partly knew. it was the 80s morrissey, not the smiths. everything looked a bit like the 50s suburban usa, clean, white picket fence, etc.
people were arriving slowly and i felt like i had a lot of time before the beginning. so i decided to leave the venue and walk down a hill into the city to get something. not sure what that couldve been. on my way down, i saw some of the people i work with and this dampened my mood. also the traffic got worse. on my way i had to walk through a house owned by an indian family. so i walked through a narrow bathroom, a garage, an empty living room, and an office, where a woman was sitting, only mildly interested in me, asking me if somebody died. i then noticed it was a funeral service. i left and moved on.
after having made it through the house, back on the streets, things got difficult, because i felt jostled around by people and the traffic. i also noticed that i had to go back, if i wanted to get a good position at the front of the audience.
so i got into the house again, feeling irritated to go back the same route, with nothing achieved and the hill getting steeper and steeper. battling my way through a clattered child's room in slow motion, time passing on, me getting really nervous. in the funeral service the same woman asked me again if somebody died. i said no, and decided to leave the house and walk the rest outside on the road. a huge crowd of people made it almost impossible to move on. added to that i could hear the first song of the evening, and knew that everything was now over for me. i tried anyway and there was some hope because it turned out that the voice i heard was that of someone announcing the concert.
... then i partly woke up and hated the idea.
i dropped off again, 20 % awake, and was suddenly standing next to nowadays morrissey, the feeling of being overwhelmed miles away from me, but still slightly tangible. i woke up with the sentence "a ping pong ball is flying by my fingers and touching them" in my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dreamt that I somehow became friends with a girl from this wealthy family who asked me and my girlfriend (my wife In the waking life) to stay with them for a while. Her name was her tabby and she had two brothers, one who looked a lot like Jared Kushner, and a neurotic insecure mother who was also very manically demanding and bossy (no father appears in the dream). So we’re staying in there house and for whatever reason I’m with the mother a lot and I’m doing my usual bit when I’m around this type of person which is to do my best to keep them calm and she ends up taking a shine to me and tells me, in front of my girlfriend, that she’s changed her will and will cut me into the fourth estate (which is a term I dont remember knowing) if I marry her daughter much to the resentment of her siblings. Even though in that dream way I don’t remember agreeing or wanting to say yes I’m put through this test or process to see how I’ll fit in but the tests are all ridiculous and childlike in some way (think kindergarten class assignments). I then woke to my cat meowing in my face

oh my god, I had a flying dream! the flying, however, was absolutely non-essential to the dream. I was with some kid whose parent had died and he had inherited a ritter sport bar, so we were flying around trying to make the best deal for it that we could. we settled on a different flavour ritter sport bar (not sure which one) as well as two lemon wafer cookies.
there was a second part which also involved flying. I was in a large bedroom, presumably mine, in an apartment building that was stuff full of various knickknacks and stuffed animals, and in which happened to live a seagull, who seemed to take the place of my real life teddy bear in my dream insofar as my affection for him. this seagull had always just sat around on a shelf and didn't even know ther were other seagulls out there. in my dream, for some reason the curtain was pulled back and a flock seagulls was flying around by the window and the seagull went over to the window and looked out at them with yearning. so I knew what I had to do, and cut the screen open and let him go fly around with his own kind, and it was very beautiful seeing him become indecipherable from all the other mangy grey and white feathered things, and I had assumed he would come back because he was bound by library fines but I got the sense that he wouldn't, and I was happy for him. and good for him for sticking it to the library.

oh my god, I had a flying dream! the flying, however, was absolutely non-essential to the dream. I was with some kid whose parent had died and he had inherited a ritter sport bar, so we were flying around trying to make the best deal for it that we could. we settled on a different flavour ritter sport bar (not sure which one) as well as two lemon wafer cookies.
there was a second part which also involved flying. I was in a large bedroom, presumably mine, in an apartment building that was stuff full of various knickknacks and stuffed animals, and in which happened to live a seagull, who seemed to take the place of my real life teddy bear in my dream insofar as my affection for him. this seagull had always just sat around on a shelf and didn't even know ther were other seagulls out there. in my dream, for some reason the curtain was pulled back and a flock seagulls was flying around by the window and the seagull went over to the window and looked out at them with yearning. so I knew what I had to do, and cut the screen open and let him go fly around with his own kind, and it was very beautiful seeing him become indecipherable from all the other mangy grey and white feathered things, and I had assumed he would come back because he was bound by library fines but I got the sense that he wouldn't, and I was happy for him. and good for him for sticking it to the library.
congratulations, rifke. sounds like a real breakthrough. i read somewhere that dreams in which we actively intervene and change things are of utmost importance for us.

congratulations, rifke. sounds like a real breakthrough. i read somewhere that dreams in which we actively intervene and change things are of utmost importance for us.
I know you despise me and hate me and everything else but would never admit it but since you are right in your post I wanted to tell you and others why that is the case.

I have actually gone through that where a I was able to intervene and change something. It was a nightmare as it most often is and it took place in my mothers kitchen. Around when she got the news she had incurable pancreas cancer I dreamt that I walked into the kitchen thinking it was her but it turned out it wasn't her.

At first my reaction was to run like we tend to do and then we usually wake up but I got so mad at this thing imitating my mother with the back to me I turned around and confronted it and it turned around and the face turned out to be my mothers face when she was on her death bed dying from cancer.

Cancer patients look like little newborn birds and so do really old people when they die as well. I confronted the realisation that my mother would die and in return I got to see what was coming.

I think that was a turning point cause if you are able to do that and actually take control of yourself in a dream like you would in real life you are able to do again and again and it is really interesting although most of the time very frightening but it is our sub conscious being able to take control in situation where the first instinct is to run and wake up.

Cause of that I was able to talk to my mother on the phone in a dream a few years after she was gone and she was sat around a table with all her loved ones that went before her and there was no sadness as she hung up just as I realised I was talking to my dead mother.

Back
Top Bottom