What do people say about your Moz obsession?

GirlAfraid23

...just what the title says basically...

I've been told many a time that I'm too obsessed :crazy:

I think everyone is just jealous...

It's because you're obsessed with a dreaded POP STAR. People don't take popular music seriously as art... Which is crazy because it's the most valid art we have in our current society. Most other arts are dying or dead - and I say this as an illustrator! It's just true. It's considered fluffy and frivolous because of idiot performers like Britney and The Jonas Bros. People can't fathom that a true artist with the capacity to touch one's soul could be lurking in there somewhere.

People enjoy their preconceptions and they enjoy looking down on others. If there's an opportunity to combine the two, many will take it.

Next doors cat gives me funny looks. But thats about all?

My mom says I am having Freudian issues. :crazy: :rolleyes:

This is what people say about my Morrissey obsession: :rolleyes::crazy:

It's because you're obsessed with a dreaded POP STAR. People don't take popular music seriously as art... Which is crazy because it's the most valid art we have in our current society. Most other arts are dying or dead - and I say this as an illustrator! It's just true. It's considered fluffy and frivolous because of idiot performers like Britney and The Jonas Bros. People can't fathom that a true artist with the capacity to touch one's soul could be lurking in there somewhere.

People enjoy their preconceptions and they enjoy looking down on others. If there's an opportunity to combine the two, many will take it.

I agree with every bit of that. Very few people understand, and a lot of the time it is people who actually like/love music that just don't get it.

I also agree with this :)

The few people who know about it find it kind of cute.

1. "Do you EVER listen to anything else?" - my husband

2. "You named a cat after that guy?" - numerous friends

They say... "Who?"

So true!

its interesting because the more vocal i become about it, the more people become accepting of it. it's like, i infect them with my energy and passion for morrissey. in fact this time around i am taking three non morrissey die-hards to shows with me. i didnt twist their arms or anything, but they wanted to feel the energy and through that get to know me a little better.

sure they give me funny looks when i go on and on. the thing is that i go about this obsession without being rpeachy or anything. this moz obsession is my own. i have my own reasons for it. and if people, especially your friends, know this...they tend to respect it. at least so far.

Nothing cos they know I'd bash them good!

:p

My sister tends to say "what's with your obsession with this guy?" but she can't really talk cos she's obsessed with Judas Priest haha.

Tags
meaningoflife mozzamania obsessedfans obsession
Back
Top Bottom