what do vegetarians eat for Christmas?

O

o gato

I have this idea that Morrissey lives on carbo snacks. Bagels and cake and spaghetti. How can you make a feast out of that?

> I have this idea that Morrissey lives on carbo snacks. Bagels
> and cake and spaghetti. How can you make a feast out of that?

add wine or vinegar to taste.

"Stay in bed and hope it passes swiftly"

what about the big turkey-shaped thing made out of that bumpy soy-tempeh stuff? although i think he might actually hate anything turkey or chicken shaped. add lots of mushroom gravy

> what about the big turkey-shaped thing made out of that bumpy
> soy-tempeh stuff?

Tofurkey!

It's the OTHER white non-meat.

funky tofurkey alternatives

something made from wheat gluten (in the shape of a fish, or a boot)?

> Tofurkey!

> It's the OTHER white non-meat.

if you realize the turkey or ham "main dish" is just a small sliver amongst the other sidedishes of corn, greenbean casserole, brocolli cheese and rice, dinner rolls, mashed potatoes, macaroni salad, etc, and let's not forget the real reason for the holidays....lots of desserts and candy.... you begin to realize that despite the hours of preparation and stress, the meat is a tiny garnish for the rest of the meal.

and is easily forgotten about by some of us

and while we are gathered, let us pray for souls of the carnivores, who give the group of vegeterians such as myself who go about their business without imposing their beliefs, a hard time. We ask God that you realize that there is a difference between chicken and vegetable broth, and if it didn't matter, why won't you make stuffing with vegetable broth just to make a point. We also ask that you quit telling us to pick around the meat if we would like to eat spaghetti. May enlightenment come your way as you realize that if you eat meat bits of any size, including those floating in your bolognese sauce, you are not a vegeterian.

You have lots of good and atractive options.

"o gato" means the cat. This is portuguese. Where are you from? Maybe Portugal?

Tofurkey?

A vegetarian friend introduced the term "tofurkey" to me a couple of thanksgivings ago. As they make a traditional vegetarian thanksgiving supplement, they must also make the christmas version: Tofoose (Tofu + Goose).

I suspect it's not all tofu--just mock meat(?) Someone enlighten me. And do Morrissey's cat(s) munch on vegetarian fare as well? Mine would turn their noses at carrots and ash.

Foods shaped like things

This is strange and not very interesting nor useful info. at all: My Restoration/18th Century Lit. Professor apparently took an entire course on cold French Buffet cuisine that required him to shape foie gras and the like into boots, shoes, etc.

Re: Foods shaped like Moz

> This is strange and not very interesting nor useful info. at
> all: My Restoration/18th Century Lit. Professor apparently took
> an entire course on cold French Buffet cuisine that required him
> to shape foie gras and the like into boots, shoes, etc.

ok, i'm going to take a huge piece of rennetless cheese and sculpt it into...a bust of moz

bad pun

I'm going to take refried beans and cheese, sculpt it into the shape of Johnny Rogan and serve it with tortillia chips because he is a dip.

Back
Top Bottom