What do you think about "the Silent Scream" abortion video?

12 months!!
Kami+turns+1+040a.jpg
<<<<

12 weeks

scan2.jpg

I saw that silent scream its not pleasant and there was another one on channel 4 that showed stuff clearer a couple of years back, However I do think that people should have choice (early on)

Karin, I worded that incorrectly - I am PRO CHOICE. The debate makes me so angry I typed it in wrong.

So basically, if there was a way to remove the fetus form the uterus and plant it into some kind of artificial device (early in pregnancy, when most abortions are performed), would it be the only ethical solution? Would the USA for example be able to sustain 1 more million of new citizens every year, or would the system crack under pressure and would it turn into a third world country?

I am talking hypothetically here about human rights for the unborn. I don't want to say something is the only ethical solution. If that were possible, though it would be interesting to get the perspective of the person who had been put into the artificial womb rather than terminated.

All I'm trying to do is show that the issue is more complicated by stating what I think are facts that should be considered. I think that both sides reduce the issue and ignore things, and I do think that unborn humans should have some rights. Of course, that doesn't mean that their rights would outweigh the rights of the mother.

I am talking hypothetically here about human rights for the unborn. I don't want to say something is the only ethical solution. If that were possible, though it would be interesting to get the perspective of the person who had been put into the artificial womb rather than terminated.

All I'm trying to do is show that the issue is more complicated by stating what I think are facts that should be considered. I think that both sides reduce the issue and ignore things, and I do think that unborn humans should have some rights. Of course, that doesn't mean that their rights would outweigh the rights of the mother.

Yes but, you know, what human rights? Certainly not the right to live (although it seems nobody else has that right anyway).

I might break my brain or something thinking about this :confused:

If someone is sick and is going to die unless I give them my kidney, should it be my personal choice or should law make me do it? I checked the mortality rate for kidney donors, it's close to maternal mortality rate (American statistics). Does it mean it should be the woman's personal choice whether she'll use her body to give life to the baby? No, she has no right to decide to kill the baby, because it's not her body, it's baby's body. Vicious circle :rolleyes:

At the end of the day there will never be a right or wrong in some subjects and just points of view.

To me an unborn foetus isn't just that...it's the potential of what it will become.If i were to abort a presumably healthy foetus because it was inconvenient(not for a severe medical handicap) i would have spent my entire life racked with guilt.I would have wondered what colour eyes and hair it woul have had.What personality.The tone of its voice.To me it would have been murdering my own child.A child is not an inconvenience.Even if you took the Pill and used a coil and a condom at the same time the minute you have sex you are potentially creating a life.

Things you can find in the Bible... unbelievable! :eek::eek::eek:

in Genesis 38:24, we read about a pregnant woman condemned to death by burning. Though the leaders of Israel knew the woman was carrying a fetus, this was not taken into consideration. If indeed the Jews, and the God who instructed them, believed the fetus to be an equal human person to the mother, then why would they let the fetus die for the mother's crimes? The truth is simple. A fetus is not a human person, and its destruction is not a murder. Period.

Allegedly it shows a 12 weeks old fetus. It tries to escape the surgical instrument, and when it finally fails, it opens its mouth as if it's trying to scream.

However, I read that fetuses don't feel pain until 23 weeks, and that all of its motions before that are reflex. What do you think?

I am pro choice and therefore think the documentary was skewed against the pro choice people.

I'm assuming the people in this forum who tell us we're barbaric murderers if we swat a mosquito, eat a shrimp cocktail, or bite into a chicken breast will have a lot to say in this thread. I'll await their replies.

Not at all. Animals are living, sentient beings who are in essense murdered so people can devour their flesh for satisfaction and not nutrition, which can be gained for easier from plant products. A fetus is a cluster of cells, and not a sentient life.

There is no comparison. The video is simply pro lifers trying to make anyone without common sense think a fetus is a living, breathing, person.nf Unfortunately for them, good ol' science trumps them every time.

Last edited:
A baby is a blessing to the parent(s) who want it.
The child born unto an unhappy and insecure mother and father
has a rocky road ahead of him or her and has only luck and fate
as to what kind of environment he or she receives in life.
An expulsion of bloody matter is just that.
Having said all that, I do believe girls and women should be very
careful about contraception because the psychological impact of having
a termination is scarring whether people want to believe that or not.
Just because abortion and the morning after pill are there doesn't mean
it should be taken for granted, and I am not religious.
The sad thing is there are people who would love to have a baby and
cannot have one.

i am only going to say this once,and never again,as the whole choice/life debate is one that will never be settled.

I am pro life,i am,but i could never impose my views on anyone else,so by default i am also pro choice,personally i find abortion to be a horrible thing but thats the key,thats my opinion,i think the other side of that opinion also has quite a valid position,thus i am pro choice.

if that makes sense.

Allegedly it shows a 12 weeks old fetus. It tries to escape the surgical instrument, and when it finally fails, it opens its mouth as if it's trying to scream.

However, I read that fetuses don't feel pain until 23 weeks, and that all of its motions before that are reflex. What do you think?

i am only going to say this once,and never again,as the whole choice/life debate is one that will never be settled.

I am pro life,i am,but i could never impose my views on anyone else,so by default i am also pro choice,personally i find abortion to be a horrible thing but thats the key,thats my opinion,i think the other side of that opinion also has quite a valid position,thus i am pro choice.

if that makes sense.
It makes perfect sense. This is a circular *debate* and will never be answered or have everyone on each side jumping for joy. I'm a faithful Law & Order fan, and in the SVU shows, Olivia Benson is the product of her mother's rape. Pretty strong commentary!

Back
Top Bottom