What do you think the song Ambitious Outsiders is about?

B

Belligerent Ghoul

Kindly respond, I'd love to know what your interpretation is.

> Kindly respond, I'd love to know what your interpretation is.

its about me.

sorry you had to find out this way.

I think it means..that we're all outsiders in our own way. Just my way of thinking I guess.

come on people we can do better than this!

A rumbling percussive part is dramatically joined by deep strings. It really is clear, particularly on this song, quite how much Morrissey's voice has improved in the last few years. By far the best bit of this song is the power-surge around the line "BUT DON'T UNDERESTIMATE US".

The ironic thankyou to the victims is offset by the absurd line "we knows when the school bus comes and goes". Yet another chance for Morrissey to laugh at himself, this ridiculously and purposefully clumsy rhyme couldn't be more out of context - and is therefore brilliant. Although the song itself isn't that good.

Re: come on people we can do better than this!

> from: It May All End Tomorrow

> A rumbling percussive part is dramatically joined by deep strings. It
> really is clear, particularly on this song, quite how much Morrissey's
> voice has improved in the last few years. By far the best bit of this song
> is the power-surge around the line "BUT DON'T UNDERESTIMATE US".

> The ironic thankyou to the victims is offset by the absurd line "we
> knows when the school bus comes and goes". Yet another chance for
> Morrissey to laugh at himself, this ridiculously and purposefully clumsy
> rhyme couldn't be more out of context - and is therefore brilliant.
> Although the song itself isn't that good.

I had read this description before, but it still doesn't illuminate what the song is about.

After a quick web search I found one theory about the subject matter of Ambitious Outsiders:

"Ambitious Outsiders - taunting gay-hating conservatives with the fact that they really don’t know exactly who is or isn't gay in their neighbourhood, and that, whether they like it or not, they’re propagating more of us."

Regradless, I disagree with the entry from "It May All End Tomorrow" that "the song itself isn't that good." I love this song!

I also heard those remarks about the sexual meaning in that phrase. Now I can only imagine if the webmaster from Ambitious-Otsiders.com is gay. Any thoughts?

> I also heard those remarks about the sexual meaning in that phrase. Now I
> can only imagine if the webmaster from Ambitious-Otsiders.com is gay. Any
> thoughts?

Nope, not gay. I've seen him surrounded by ladies at shows. Some of them have been friends. Some have been dates. He also happens to be a very flirty guy.

> Kindly respond, I'd love to know what your interpretation is.

Sexual perverts innit?

Sk.

i'm sure i read some where morrissey saying it was all about the catholic church and its members (priests)bing nothing but bullies

paedophiles!

In Songs That Saved Your Life when talking about Reel Around The Fountain and the paedophilia accusations, it mentions Ambitious Outsiders; "a disturbingly lurid monologue in which a sex offender warns society it's their 'own fault for reproducing'."

> i'm sure i read some where morrissey saying it was all about the catholic
> church and its members (priests)bing nothing but bullies

What do you think Belligerent Fool is about?

Kindly remove yourself you fool...we knows who you are.

People should leave you alone. You've redeemed yourself, in my eyes at least.

Welcome to the world of the non-trolls.

thank you, Chill, you are swell

Thanks. I did some stupid things as a newbie...I've only been coming here since June/2003.

I stopped using PopsicleBoy at the beginning of August, after 2 months of using that name.

Many of my vile posts were directed to someone who was basically stalking me via the site. AOL was concerned that someone had hacked into my account and encouraged me to discontinue service and get another account with them.

I also took about a month off from the site, the month of August.

In September I posted anonymously.

In October, I registered this name.

Back
Top Bottom