What happened? Is it Morrissey?

Scarlet1987

The sanest days are mad
This place used to a playground for lovers, losers and longers. Now it's as trivial and banal as clipping ones nails.

Did Morrissey ruin this place? Or is everyone merely tiring of the man?

I am firmly of the opinion that this forum pretty accurately reflects the current character of Morrissey himself. So yes - it's trivial and banal, and generally filled with bitter and pointless sniping, hatred and general twatishness towards all-comers. We follow in our leader's glorious footsteps, and take our cue from True To You and other general interview boorishness of recent years.

Back in the days when Morrissey was expressing himself in a more eloquent and witty manner, and portraying the role of permanently broken-hearted lovesick loser who nevertheless had a touch of humour about him, I expect this place equally reflected his persona. Or maybe I am just misremembering. Anyway, that's my theory, and I'm sticking with it.

Morrissey has become so repetitive and boring over the years, that is hard to find interesting topics about him anymore. I feel that's why there are so many threads about his glorious past and some gossip. I feel this site is a reflection of what moz has become in the later years and it's kinda sad

This place used to a playground for lovers, losers and longers. Now it's as trivial and banal as clipping ones nails.

No moderation of troll swamping seemed to just scare many away or at least that's what I saw. No restrictions on speech or the manner you express your thought have effects and turn these types of places into the street and not many productive conversations or speeches happen in the street. That's just my thought though

Solo died off a bit when chat disappeared and that guy Urban from Sweden stopped posting or died (unclear what it was).

Got moved, what a shame. But your answers all ring true. He's not the man he used to be. Does anyone think he should stop making music and stop touring? I rather think so, ot at least soon.
WPINOYB was pretty dire, although Neal Cassidy was good and Art Hounds, but his live version of Art Hounds that I saw in Brixton was much better.

Got moved, what a shame. But your answers all ring true. He's not the man he used to be. Does anyone think he should stop making music and stop touring? I rather think so, ot at least soon.
WPINOYB was pretty dire, although Neal Cassidy was good and Art Hounds, but his live version of Art Hounds that I saw in Brixton was much better.

Perhaps you should stop buying his music and buying tickets? I rather think so. It's o.k. Life is short. Many of us enjoy his new stuff. His last tour was amazing.

who is morrissey?

This topic is old, you know, but it goes on...

In my opinion Morrissey is not done and still has a lot to offer. I agree with anonymous. Maybe it's you and you should move on?

As for solo...nope - nothing has changed.

i agree with you. I don't know if he should stop making music, but i do think he should stop touring for a while.

i agree with you. I don't know if he should stop making music, but i do think he should stop touring for a while.

Oh man not at all. What show did you see this tour because dcs was really really nice IMO. I also loved world peace but art hounds for sure deserved beside status. I didn't care the besides this time out where with the last two albums I felt I almost preferred them but yeah not this time around. I loved the song world peace with the multiple means and the great musicianship of that song. For me the album redeemed refusals mediocrity and ringleaders just outright dreedfulnes. Only song I skip is smiler and I've learned to live through the boring beginning of staircase as that song goes super luv el ly once the muscicanship starts to get upped. The only song that i felt matt let down as its such a boring backbeat. What didn't u care for

I don't buy tickets. That Brixton gig was the last I purchased. Was wonderful though.

Perhaps you should stop buying his music and buying tickets? I rather think so. It's o.k. Life is short. Many of us enjoy his new stuff. His last tour was amazing.

Which tour was that?

I am firmly of the opinion that this forum pretty accurately reflects the current character of Morrissey himself. So yes - it's trivial and banal, and generally filled with bitter and pointless sniping, hatred and general twatishness towards all-comers. We follow in our leader's glorious footsteps, and take our cue from True To You and other general interview boorishness of recent years.

Back in the days when Morrissey was expressing himself in a more eloquent and witty manner, and portraying the role of permanently broken-hearted lovesick loser who nevertheless had a touch of humour about him, I expect this place equally reflected his persona. Or maybe I am just misremembering. Anyway, that's my theory, and I'm sticking with it.

He does seem to validate a lot of peoples' self-righteousness and narcissism. It's as if they think his attitude somehow opens the door for any bitter, friendless nobody a few personality disorders away from pulling another Columbine to do the same, but it doesn't. Morrissey is one of the few (perhaps only) people I or any of his fans would ever give a pass to for that kind of behavior.

Whether I like some aspects of his personality or not, at least he has something to show for it. Most of his assholish fans aren't really talented or clever enough to warrant their crappy attitudes, though. If only post counts were poems... If only these people at least had a sense of humor!

Back
Top Bottom