What has been Morrisey's biggest concert?

Chileiceman

Which show has had the largest attendance to see Morrissey? Festival dates don't count. Nor if he was opening for someone else.

Also, what are some iconic Morrissey concerts? I'm sure playing the Hollywood Bowl has to be one. Has he played Madison Square Garden? Or Wembley Stadium?

According to the venue website its capacity is 21,000.

Could he sell-out a stadium like Oasis if he wanted to? I read that the MEN Arena concert sold out in 90 minutes, surely there were more people who would have loved to see him.

Morrissey hadn't played a gig in Manchester 12 years that explains the tickets were sold out within 90 minutes.

Morrissey won't sell tickets like Oasis, his fan base is smaller than them.

Morrissey hadn't played a gig in Manchester 12 years that explains the tickets were sold out within 90 minutes.

For shame. Not that I have anything against Oasis, I just would have thought Moz was big enough in England to do those sorts of things.

In 90s Oasis were often on tabloids which contributed their commertial success.

In long term Morrissey's music still generates interest from younger people which is very promising. :)

Yes, I was there. :)

Was there cake served?

Actually, in all seriousness, did you sing him happy birthday? That would be so awesome to be a part of, or for him to hear. Wow.

It's not really that. The reason was that it was the only announced European show of the year at the time so people came from all over the UK as well as the continent. He did that sneaky thing of announcing shows incrementally so people didn't realise they could have waited and seen him at a much more convenient location. It was his birthday too so quite a special occasion.

The only way he could sell out a stadium would be if it was a very rare one-off event e.g. the only European concert he did all year.
The Oasis fanbase is massively bigger than Moz's. Most of their albums sell 1 to 2 million in ther UK, averahe UK Moz album sales are around 100,000...

In 90s Oasis were often on tabloids which contributed their commertial success.
:)

And again, I don't think this is true either (sorry Kewpie, don't take it personally!).
It's a myth that being in the tabloids sells records. The two musicians with the highest media profile in recent years have been Peter Doherty and Paul McCartney; both of whom have had recent albums which were relative commercial failures.
Oasis had tons of catchy singles which got massive radio airplay - the main reason for their success. The tabloid exposure doesn't hinder success but, without the fantastic songs to back it up, the public simply aren't interested in buying the records, as has been the case with Doherty...

His biggest US show was Madison Square Garden 13 July 1991. The main space of the Garden has a slightly bigger capacity than the Hollywood Bowl.

Actually, this may have been his biggest show ever. It's hard to say, there wouldn't have been much difference between this and the MEN arena show. The Garden main space has a capacity of "20,000" according to many sources.

i think the smallest Morrissey concert ever would be more fun than the biggest.

Speaking of which, which is the smallest venue/capacity he has played? I know he played a few oddball places in 1999-2000.

I had a pair of tickets for the M.E.N gig,
but my team Millwall got to the FA Cup final which was the same day,
so I sold the Moz tickets on Ebay for face value..

Back
Top Bottom