What "right wing" beliefs of his are the "problem"?

He has urged people to support the political party For Britain both in a message on his website and by wearing their badge. For Britain are absolutely and unequivocally a right wing party. Slash taxes for the rich. Abandon foreign aid and any efforts to tackle the climate emergency, and divert these funds to increased military expenditure. Whether they are far right or just right wing is debatable but it is completely undeniable that he has now given his support to a right wing political party. Over half his UK fans have deserted him in the 18 months since. We'll see in 2020 whether they come back or stay away thereby probably ending his career. Until and unless he withdraws his support for right wing politics, my guess is that most of them will stay away.

As I mentioned previously I assume his support for For Britain is primarily based around their Animal rights stance and their position on immigration and cultural identity. I haven't seen him voice support for their economic, climate or defense policy for example and clearly you describe these from a left wing perspective. I would assume Morrissey's politics are more nuanced than left wing/right wing.

Morrissey hasn't changed and if fans have abandoned him that is their choice. Reports of the death of his "career" have been greatly exaggerated thus far.

You are wasting your time asking that question here. I think it would be more profitable for you to spend some time on the search engine of your choice and read a few articles about his racist and quasi-racist statements and outbursts, along with his support for racist organisations and individuals. And are we sure he is vegan? He himself seems unsure at times.

I don't think the articles are fair - they include lyrics & things out of context... The only thing you could really fix on him is that he agrees with Douglas Murray & he said he supports Anne Marie Waters & For Britain. But as they're both gay & he's said he thinks the left & right have swapped sides, it's more likely he just thinks progressives are ignoring/encouraging conservative Islam to the detriment of women, gay people & animals. Which has been true occasionally... & I doubt he'd be using animal rights as a fig leaf for racism when he's been obsessed with animal rights for decades.

Morrissey hasn't changed and if fans have abandoned him that is their choice. Reports of the death of his "career" have been greatly exaggerated thus far.

If you think reports have been exaggerated you're deluding yourself.
His UK fan-base has deserted him on mass. A pathetic 8,000 sales for California Sun compared with 25,000 for his pre-For Britain album.
He has become a less popular singer than Johnny Marr which is incredible when you think about it. The equivalent to Morrissey being a more popular guitarist than Marr.
He doesn't dare announce a UK tour coz he knows there will be mass protest and his worst ever ticket sales, as happened last time he tried it (in summer 2018).
He can turn things around and I hope he does, but only by realising how foolish and idiotic he's been, and by retracting all support for right wing parties and politicians. Nigel Farage, Ann Waters, Johnny Robinson - all these people have received his praise. Most of the UK fan-base has been utterly sickened by his actions, and we're voting with our feet unless/until a retraction appears. We'll see what happens in 2020.

For me it’s the veiled support for Yaxley-Lennon, and his failure to respond honestly and openly to fair questions. His style of answering obliquely and cultivating an air of mystery served him well in the early years, but the unrelenting light shone by the internet age renders that strategy hopeless.

His UK fan-base has deserted him on mass. A pathetic 8,000 sales for California Sun compared with 25,000 for his pre-For Britain album.
He has become a less popular singer than Johnny Marr which is incredible when you think about it. The equivalent to Morrissey being a more popular guitarist than Marr.
He doesn't dare announce a UK tour coz he knows there will be mass protest and his worst ever ticket sales, as happened last time he tried it (in summer 2018).
He can turn things around and I hope he does, but only by realising how foolish and idiotic he's been, and by retracting all support for right wing parties and politicians. Nigel Farage, Ann Waters, Johnny Robinson - all these people have received his praise. Most of the UK fan-base has been utterly sickened by his actions, and we're voting with our feet unless/until a retraction appears. We'll see what happens in 2020.
Another cut n paste from the skinny-archives. You really do need to think more about what you are posting, and how many times you've posted it. Even I recognise this from another of your irrelevant posts....and it's en masse, not 'on mass', you thick piece o'shite...but maybe you dropped that error in there deliberately to act as some form of disguise.

I don't think the articles are fair - they include lyrics & things out of context... The only thing you could really fix on him is that he agrees with Douglas Murray & he said he supports Anne Marie Waters & For Britain. But as they're both gay & he's said he thinks the left & right have swapped sides, it's more likely he just thinks progressives are ignoring/encouraging conservative Islam to the detriment of women, gay people & animals. Which has been true occasionally... & I doubt he'd be using animal rights as a fig leaf for racism when he's been obsessed with animal rights for decades.

Speaking of unleashing Skinny.

Skinny CS sold 250 000 physical copies world wide, 30 ooo in the UK.
Stop posting fake Muslim news.

For me it’s the veiled support for Yaxley-Lennon, and his failure to respond honestly and openly to fair questions. His style of answering obliquely and cultivating an air of mystery served him well in the early years, but the unrelenting light shone by the internet age renders that strategy hopeless.

He was pretty clear about why he voiced support for Tommy Robinson. He thinks he was unfairly jailed for reporting on the grooming gang. That would trigger 2 of Morrissey's long-term obsessions: the law being unfair & child abuse.

He wants to lock the borders and stop people with funny accents and brown skin coming into England. An england he doesn’t even live in no more. How’s that for first class hypocrisy, anti immigration preach from a man who’s emigrated.

And to the poster who said most of england agrees with him , shite, I can tell you for fact most English people don’t give a f***, we’re proud of how open, welcoming and multicultural our country is. It’s a free world, people can go where they want, otherwise, Moz, get the f*** back over here and stay in sunny old Mancfester.

Sickened? Yere, there are some delicate flowers whose politics and way of looking at the world still resembles spotty 18 yr old virgins from 1986.

He wants to lock the borders and stop people with funny accents and brown skin coming into England. An england he doesn’t even live in no more. How’s that for first class hypocrisy, anti immigration preach from a man who’s emigrated.

And to the poster who said most of england agrees with him , shite, I can tell you for fact most English people don’t give a f***, we’re proud of how open, welcoming and multicultural our country is. It’s a free world, people can go where they want, otherwise, Moz, get the f*** back over here and stay in sunny old Mancfester.

"He wants to lock the borders and stop people with funny accents and brown skin coming into England". Well, that might have helped the 2 killed in London the other day, whatever rubbish the father's currently coming out with on Twatter. Keep being proud of how open we are.....we'll keep on being the recipients of knife crime, terrorism and rape gangs. But at least we have curry's right?

He has turned on Nigel for not supporting Anne Marie Waters & the Tommy thing has so far been limited to that trial.

It's Anne Marie that's the problem. And she lays on her animal rights activism with a trowel (& her feminism & gay rights activism), so he might just refuse to look past it.

Another cut n paste from the skinny-archives. You really do need to think more about what you are posting, and how many times you've posted it. Even I recognise this from another of your irrelevant posts....and it's en masse, not 'on mass', you thick piece o'shite...but maybe you dropped that error in there deliberately to act as some form of disguise.

It’s Maurice E Maher

"He wants to lock the borders and stop people with funny accents and brown skin coming into England". Well, that might have helped the 2 killed in London the other day, whatever rubbish the father's currently coming out with on Twatter. Keep being proud of how open we are.....we'll keep on being the recipients of knife crime, terrorism and rape gangs. But at least we have curry's right?

like I’ve said before if you open your ears, Britain’s most prolific & infamous mass murderers, serial killers & child rapists are and were white British, born and bred here. Do you give them a free pass cos’ they’re white? You’re either deranged & prone to violence or you’re not.

like I’ve said before if you open your ears, Britain’s most prolific & infamous mass murderers, serial killers & child rapists are and were white British, born and bred here. Do you give them a free pass cos’ they’re white? You’re either deranged & prone to violence or you’re not.

Well, they would be...wouldn't they?o_O

You’re a racist c***, you might not even know it, but you are. You’re everything that’s bad about this country, I’d sooner boot you out than the guy that delivers my Korma’s on a weekend.

Clearly you're not voting with your feet - You're still here and I dare say you'll buy a ticket if he does a UK show.

Back
Top Bottom