What Smiths song would you suggest

Aspenturaft

I have anxiety and it relaxes me when I listen to music. What Smiths song would you suggest for me to listen to ease my anxiety?

Reel Around The Fountain. Always my go to song in situations like that.

Also Well I Wonder if you're feeling emotionally up for it.

“Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want”

“Still Ill”

“There Is a Light That Never Goes Out”

“Rubber Ring”

Hope you’ll feel better soon.

Something upbeat.

"Ask"
"Panic"
"Sheila Take a Bow"
"William..."
"This Charming Man"

From the mellow section:

"Stretch Out and Wait"

Not that I suffer with anxiety generally, but I do find Cemetry Gates a good one for instant uplift, notwithstanding the rather gothy image of two people spending their summer recreational time at a graveyard. :sweatsmile:

Unloveable, too—very whimsical and wry, quite far from the morbid wallowing its title (and a cursory glance at the lyrics) might suggest.

It's probably different for everyone, but uplifting, fast-paced songs in general always make my anxiety worse because they tend to be overwhelming.

Stretch Out And Wait and Rubber Ring are excellent suggestions though imo.

I think songs like this charming man which are busy and uptempo. What helps my anxiety is being distracted from it and following a busy guitar line can do that

It's probably different for everyone, but uplifting, fast-paced songs in general always make my anxiety worse because they tend to be overwhelming.

I did wonder if this might be the case for some. Almost hesitated in nominating Cemetry Gates, for that reason.

Stretch Out And Wait and Rubber Ring are excellent suggestions though imo.

Yes, Rubber Ring seems a very apt call. Would've been my instant nomination, if it hadn't already been mentioned.

Let me add Half a Person, a mellow jangle with wit and humor.

if you're down, don't listen The Smiths and go to The Spice Girls
Anxiety and "being down" are two very different things.

Back
Top Bottom