What songs put you into a trance?

I Know Very Well How I Got My Name - Mr. Morrissey

Since I've Been Loving You - Led Zeppelin

Subdvisions -Rush

Parabola - Tool

Dust in the Wind - Kansas

Re: What Smiths/Morrissey songs make you daydream?

Surely "Asleep", "Jack the ripper" and "I'd love to".

The very undervalued "My Love Life" captures my attention without interruption. It's also my most frequently watched Morrissey video as well. Morrissey's hair is nigh on perfect in the vid. And those sideburns. My goodness you could cut yourself on those sharp edges. He looks so disinterested with the boys as well. The cleaned up version of the song on "The World Of Morrissey" sounds really clean. Chrisse's vocals are a lot clearer in the mix.

I do love this song. I loved that period of singles from Morrissey. I often rate "My Love Life" as one of the nicer tracks from Morrissey. I don't know how Morrissey feels about that song these days. I wouldn't complain if it gets perfomed on the upcoming tour.

ocean rain by echo and the bunnymen

pardon me. honest mistake. ok then, i'll go for 'last night i dreamt somebody loved me'.

no limit by 2 unlimited

Let me kiss you

Rubber Ring every time.
There is a light- Queen is Dead version

Moz seems to be in a little zone of his own on these which transfers to the listener

Yes yes yes ! I love the brutal haunting wistfulness of this track ! I love Alain's unleashed hypnotic fugue ! I love the rickety spidery creepings at 0.52 ! I love the Edge -like guitar lines drenched in reverb and delay! I love the abrupt oncoming train at 2.08 ! I love the terror of the vocals at 4.00 which, as they fade into the void , remind us that maybe no one gets saved and that an expanding range of options may not just naturally accrue as years go on.

Yes and I love exclamation marks ! I could really bang on endlessly about the desolate spell of this song !

What 123xyz said :)
Favourite track from my favourite album. Totally zone out throughout whole album, particularly this track. Epic.

Also 'Tomorrow', adore this track and the album running order of Your Arsenal - wonderful.

Last edited:
What 123xyz said :)
Favourite track from my favourite album. Totally zone out throughout whole album, particularly this track. Epic.

Also 'Tomorrow', adore this track and the album running order of Your Arsenal - wonderful.

THANK YOU for writing zone out on my thread!!!!:lbf::D

Last edited:
Did I win a prize? :)

Morrissey puts a running order together like no other, which often leads me to totally withdraw from the real world when I'm listening.

On a separate point, Seasick Yet Still Docked makes me cry.

Back
Top Bottom