What to expect from new album?

Mayfly

It was mentioned in That SER interview that the new album would be a swerve away from LIHS.
Anyone willing to speculate on what we can expect?

I somehow think that it will be a loud, aggressive and dark record. Morrissey usually ends a recording cycle with such an album (think Southpaw or YOR). I also think that it would match his current mood: he probably has some anger to vent as the title track already suggests. And even though his musical taste is eclectic, punk / rock is where it all really started for hm, so he might as well end on such a note.

I hope t will be a return to catchy tunes. And I could live with something less produced, but that s unlikely with Chicarelli as producer. And most importantly, also hoping for a few lyrics that are really worth it.

I expect he will have a few good songs on the album and the rest will be brilliantly outstanding, me darlings.

On a serious note, how good can it be with that shite band, and chicarelli producing it. It’s was doomed before Moz even got in the studio. It’s upto him to rescue it with some decent songs and lyricism, but I can’t see that happening. He’s lost his wit and charm. I just see a lot of moaning, petty finger pointing, justifying his actions, the right wing and racist accusations, and how in this day and age you’re persecuted for exercising your right to free speech. It’s gonna be hard for Moz to turn the corner now and do an enjoyable album, since 2014, he’s just used them to bitch and moan about the world and how badly treated he is.

It was mentioned in That SER interview that the new album would be a swerve away from LIHS.
Anyone willing to speculate on what we can expect?

I somehow think that it will be a loud, aggressive and dark record. Morrissey usually ends a recording cycle with such an album (think Southpaw or YOR). I also think that it would match his current mood: he probably has some anger to vent as the title track already suggests. And even though his musical taste is eclectic, punk / rock is where it all really started for hm, so he might as well end on such a note.

I hope t will be a return to catchy tunes. And I could live with something less produced, but that s unlikely with Chicarelli as producer. And most importantly, also hoping for a few lyrics that are really worth it.

“I somehow think that it will be a loud, aggressive and dark record.”

:pray::pray::pray:

Hope it’s down and dirty. Thelma Houston said Bobby has a ‘Gimme Shelter’ vibe.

I expect it will be like that time I tried to put corncobs down the garbage disposal and had to call the maintenance man when the drain quit working.
Morrissey and his songs are the corncobs. Chiccarelli is me. The plumbing system is the marketplace. The look on the maintenance man's face when he was pulling out all the stringy corncobs looking me dead in the eye like he wanted to hit me is the reaction of the critics. The way that all of my neighbors were unaware any of this happened is like the reaction of the general public. The way those shredded corncobs seasoned with drain water were consumed by maggots in the dumpster who thought it was a tasty meal is like the reaction of the remaining fans.

Steve has some excellent songwriters on board. The critical consensus for High School was great music, crap lyrics. We're likely to get great music again with some really interesting and imaginative arrangements. Not the meat and potato stodge of the 1995-2010 morrissey whyte era. Judging by the song titles the lyrics should be quite a bit better. I'm optimistic about this album.

And, no, it won't be loud and aggressive with this songwriting and production team.

It'll be mostly bad, but the 1 or 2 good tracks will be really good and the b-sides will be better than most of the songs on the album

“I somehow think that it will be a loud, aggressive and dark record.”

:pray::pray::pray:

Hope it’s down and dirty. Thelma Houston said Bobby has a ‘Gimme Shelter’ vibe.

Hadn't heard the song in ages, but a vibe like this would be really nice. Just hoping Chicarelli doesn't overdo it on the production side.

On a serious note, how good can it be with that shite band, and chicarelli producing it. It’s was doomed before Moz even got in the studio. It’s upto him to rescue it with some decent songs and lyricism, but I can’t see that happening. He’s lost his wit and charm. I just see a lot of moaning, petty finger pointing, justifying his actions, the right wing and racist accusations, and how in this day and age you’re persecuted for exercising your right to free speech. It’s gonna be hard for Moz to turn the corner now and do an enjoyable album, since 2014, he’s just used them to bitch and moan about the world and how badly treated he is.

Well, as the title of the album suggests, there will be bitching and moaning. And I take your point that, with the same band and producer and not much time between recordings, you can be skeptical how much of a new departure it will be. I actually liked quite a few tunes on the last albums and I still enjoy his singing voice, but I don't like his political songs or his attacks on mainstream media.

Glad to see so much optimism about the new album!

:rolleyes:

You guys don’t deserve a great new Morrissey album !

:mad::lbf:;)

Wait a minute, we really do deserve a great album as a reward for our loyalty which has been tested many times.

So many here have failed.

edit: Especially ordinaryboy86 who even though he dislikes Morrissey and will most likely dislike the new album will go out of his way to make sure he has every format of it that’s released.

Hilarious.

:handpointdown:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom