what type of fashion did Morrissey use to wear?

dotcom

Im attending one of Morrissey's tour shows and I want to look the part. I am however struggling with finding out what type of shirt and pants Morrissey would wear whilst performing with The Smiths. Isnt it a simple button down shirt thats quite baggy and jeans? If not Anyone know of any stores that would stock the type of shirt and pants he would wear. Will post a reference image of what im searching for. Many thanks in advance.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.gif

Im attending one of Morrissey's tour shows and I want to look the part. I am however struggling with finding out what type of shirt and pants Morrissey would wear whilst performing with The Smiths. Isnt it a simple button down shirt thats quite baggy and jeans? If not Anyone know of any stores that would stock the type of shirt and pants he would wear. Will post a reference image of what im searching for. Many thanks in advance.
View attachment 42274 View attachment 42275 View attachment 42276 View attachment 42277 View attachment 42278 View attachment 42279
doh:
well, he's not in the Smiths anymore so you don't have to worry about that, actually you don't need to worry about anything, wear some jeans and a comfortable shirt and you'll be fine. Unless you're going to be performing on stage, no one's gonna be looking at you anyway, and it'll be dark. Just relax get a drink and enjoy yourself.

anyways....

'ROMANTIC AND SQUARE IS HIP AND AWARE'

:cool:

could be fun to dress up though! someone asked this before and i think one of the responses was 'go to a thriftstore and look through the womens blouse section'--or something like that. i have to agree that that's probably your best bet.

You can find similar shirts from any charity shops in the UK.

Secondhand clothes shops are rather over-priced, It's better go around charity shops.

could be fun to dress up though! someone asked this before and i think one of the responses was 'go to a thriftstore and look through the womens blouse section'--or something like that. i have to agree that that's probably your best bet.

yes, dressing up could be fun, but if one wants 'to look the part' as in to 'fit in', I just don't think dressing up the way M did back in 85 is the answer, actually it would just draw more attention to you, and from the sound of her post I got the feeling she wanted to blend in. But, I could be wrong. I just think one would be able to enjoy the show more if they weren't thinking about how they look, because the next day she's just gonna wonder why she worried in the first place at all about dressing up or not, that it really didn't matter.

and anyways ...

'WHY BOTHER TO KEEP CLEAN?'

:thumb:

yes, dressing up could be fun, but if one wants 'to look the part' as in to 'fit in', I just don't think dressing up the way M did back in 85 is the answer, actually it would just draw more attention to you, and from the sound of her post I got the feeling she wanted to blend in. But, I could be wrong. I just think one would be able to enjoy the show more if they weren't thinking about how they look, because the next day she's just gonna wonder why she worried in the first place at all about dressing up or not, that it really didn't matter.

and anyways ...

'WHY BOTHER TO KEEP CLEAN?'

:thumb:
but she could wear the costume for halloween too! think about that! :cool:

that said, i wouldnt bother either. :p

now, where are you getting all these quotes? i regret i am woefully not in the know! :o

Thanks for the advice guys! Reqlly appreciate it, now i have more of idea of what to go for. Asking for the obvious reason as im going to a Morrissey concert and im so excited! But im also such a huge fan of the fashion he wore, hes my idol and my fashion icon :)

but she could wear the costume for halloween too! think about that! :cool:

that said, i wouldnt bother either. :p

now, where are you getting all these quotes? i regret i am woefully not in the know! :o

An etching is the little bit of text that can often be found between the run-out grooves of a vinyl record.

http://www.geocities.ws/costelt/Lyrics/etching.htm

'TOMB IT MAY CONCERN'

* but I wouldn't copy any text from the above page/link or else you'll get an unwanted advertisement pop up.

I couldn't find another page with a list like this, the original was from a site called 'Passions Just Like Mine' but that page on that site doesn't seem to exist anymore.

He used to wear women's blouses, bought from charity shops. However, as others have said, I'm not sure why you'd want to dress up as a look-a-like-ee at a gig. If you're going to be standing there with a quiff, hearing aid, NHS glasses and gladioli hanging out of your back pocket, it's going to look a little odd.

Just use comfortable pajamas and you will be with the times. I wonder if Mporium will add a nice collection of them to spend the day in bed a la Morrissey. That would be great.

Last edited:
Also thick textured sweaters if you wanna do something besides the button down

Go to your mum's closet. I'm sure there is a patterned blouse hanging in there.

He used to wear women's blouses, bought from charity shops. However, as others have said, I'm not sure why you'd want to dress up as a look-a-like-ee at a gig. If you're going to be standing there with a quiff, hearing aid, NHS glasses and gladioli hanging out of your back pocket, it's going to look a little odd.

Yeah, just like Moz did, back then. :)
She should do as she pleases, she might get some attention, positive, or negative.
Be brave, face it and think: f*** it all.
Those who would make negative comments are mostly phoneys anyway, the ones who pretend to be in the know, but know nothing at all.
Most important, and above all, she should enjoy her Moz-concert! :thumb:

More anti-fashion than fashion, wich is why he's considered a fashion icon now(?

More anti-fashion than fashion, wich is why he's considered a fashion icon now(?

But ant-fashion becomes fashion and therefore fashionable too.
And the counter reaction to that and so it goes on.

I just wish people, individually feel free to do the hell what they like.
It's called freedom.

When all those fashion gurus say it is a no-no to wear white socks or promote wearing no socks at all, :rolleyes: and their fashion victims start saying the same, sheepishly following their gurus, I feel an allergic reaction coming up.
We need a white socks contra revolution.
I'll start tomorrow after spending my day in bed. :ha-no:

Back
Top Bottom