What will you be doing on Christmas Day?

I will wake up at my boyfriend's house in the morning, then we will go over to my mother's house, where there will be breakfast waiting (probably cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate!), then we will put on some Christmas music, open our stockings, then open our presents! :D

My boyfriend, who is Jewish, suggested to my family and I last night that on Christmas Day we could play a new game that he recently heard of--Texas Hold 'Em Dreidel. :lbf: Playing for Hanukkah gelt, of course! I think he was serious... :lbf:

I'm going to go to my dads with my mum, auntie and cousin, to get drunk by myself and make them all listen to my music, whilst losing spectacularly at trivial pursuit and being told off for sulking. Oddly, I'm quite looking forward to it. :p

This will be the first Christmas that I will not wake up at my parents' house. Even last year when I was a homeless loser, I still woke up on their couch.

So I will oddly wake up in my apartment with my bf, I guess open presents, then go to my Pep-Pep/Aunt/Uncle/Cousins' house for Christmas brunch which is always nice.

Then go to my bf's parents house for dinner with his very large family. I hope it's a good one and people are just happy and realize that presents truely do mean dick.

Opening presents with my parents, grandparents and brother. Vegetarian christmas dinner. And then...CRITICAL MASS! Yeah, it happens that the last Friday of the month (when London CM happens) this month is Christmas, so, yeah, should be pretty fun.

Unless you are jewish, its Christmaaaaas in a few days.

merry%20christmas.jpg

Hmm I think you'll find Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs and quite possibly Buddhists plus other religions would also query Christmaaaas...
I will be working.

And then going roun mymates house to lay arcade games and take copious amounts of alcohol and other things and play Trivial Pursuit.

Opening gifts with my little girl, cooking Christmas casserole, eating Christmas casserole...

It's Christmas Eve that's the big thing. I have to help my daughter put out a treat for Santa, make the Reindeer Chow, and write a note of appreciation to Mrs. Claus. Every few years I try to make some noise upstairs and convince her that the reindeer are on the roof. This is probably her last year of finding it magical, so I'm going all out this year. Oh, also, we track Santa on the NORAD website all day long.

That is so adorable.

I'm just hanging out around the house. I don't like holidays

Christmas Eve - Walk my mum to work at night and then come home and have lots of Guinness (Like any other night)

Christmas Day - Wake up at about 11.00am (this has never changed) take a shower, open a can of Guinness, put some music on (probably Morrissey's 'Vauxhall and I' 'cause that's never changed either), then open the presents I've been given, take them through to my room and put them on the bed where they won't be moved untill after Boxing Day, go to my sisters, drink anything that's on offer (probably mixed in with Guinness) have a snooze and then wake up and start drinking again.

Clear enough?

Last edited:
Christmas Eve - Walk my mum to work at night and then come home and have lots of Guinness (Like any other night)

Christmas Day - Wake up at about 11.00am (this has never changed) take a shower, open a can of Guinness, put some music on (probably Morrissey's 'Vauxhall and I' 'cause that's never changed either), then open the presents I've been given, take them through to my room and put them on the bed where they won't be moved untill after Boxing Day, go to my sisters, drink anything that's on offer (probably mixed in with Guinness) have a snooze and then wake up and start drinking again.

Clear enough?

Not regarding your Guinness infatuation but your sig quote; '...You're not on a punt now?'

Not regarding your Guinness infatuation but your sig quote; '...You're not on a punt now?'

Correct, Malcolm Tucker.
Although it gives me pleasure saying it too because it often rings true.

The usual. Going to Michigan to see the folks, sister and aunt. We'll eat brunch about 11 and then open presents all day, eating xmas dinner about 6 or 7. We'll have a random assortment of xmas cds going all day. I'm 42 and my sister just turned 39 but we're "the kids" so we still get get stockings! :rolleyes:

Xmas eve my dad and I might drive around the nearby neighborhoods to look at xmas lights, but we don't really have any fabulous xmas traditions other than to keep it simple.

By the way, it appears that my boyfriend IS serious about the Texas Hold 'Em Dreidel! He called me last night from the party store, where he was buying dreidels, and, later, from the Cost Plus World Market, where he was buying gelt! :lbf: Should be interesting!

Back
Top Bottom