What will you be doing on Christmas Day?

Probably.. waking at 7 with a hangover - opening presents and popping paracetamol.. answering the phone, sharing good wishes... think about getting out of the way while the dinner is going in, so head out after putting on a jumper thats not too christmassy (can't bear the inane 'xmas jumper from your nanna?' banter down the pub at half 11).. back home slightly rosey cheeked to eat and be merry with the inlaws (hate the cheesyness of referring to them as 'outlaws' too).. watch crap telly with my belt undone whilst trying not to fart too loudly (damn those lovely sprouts).. slip in and out of consciousness with a paper hat on and a tin of quality street on my belly until I am roused as someone puts the lights on as it's dark at 4 p.m... worm my way out of drying the dishes to the mumbling sound of "typical fellers, blah blah blah" coming from the women in the kitchen... pick up a half can of warm lager thats been on the sideboard for an hour, sip it and decide that I could do with a nice cup of tea... but dare not request one yet, due to the men-free activity in the kitchen.. then realise that even though I was at bursting point only three hours previous, I am now a little peckish again.. so start on the nibbles that were supposed to be for Boxing Day... all this time, hoping for the first sign of the inlaws going home.. (usually a glance at the clock or a big yawn and stretch).. when this blessed time finally arrives, after several false alarms - wave them off with a thumbs up.. then go for a big shit, the type that can only be had in the comfort of your immediate family.
Realise that this is it.. Christmas night, one of the worst nights of the year.. nobody goes out, nowt on the telly, nothing... have another can of lager - a really cold one, ah yes... this will be the way it will be this year... I hope! :)

Getting very drunk and probably breaking up the usual fights.

Chillaxin' at home and watching this on a continual loop.

christmas_story.jpg

You'll shoot your eye out!

Do nothing. Sleep. Go for a walk. Listen to iPod - have just loaded it up with lots of Saint Etienne and Adam & Joe podcasts!
I'll be in a country where all the "jollities" are done on Christmas Eve. The sooner it's all over the better. :p

If it's not your daughter then I gotta say, you work fast, Mr. Seasick. :thumb:

Nope, I have my little one up until Wed. I do have a new interest. If you check my wall, you just might be able to figure it out. But please don't send her any messages on FB or friend requests. Long story. goodness some people have no clue. :rolleyes:

Nope, I have my little one up until Wed. I do have a new interest. If you check my wall, you just might be able to figure it out. But please don't send her any messages on FB or friend requests. Long story. goodness some people have no clue. :rolleyes:

Oh babes...I figured it out a few days ago.

I'm always hopeful. It may all end tomorrow or it could go on forever.

in which case you're doomed.

(just kidding ;))

That's great.
My enthusiasm for people I meet lasts for about 10-18 days, tops.
It's usually nothing they've done wrong, it's just all me. :lbf:

Except of course, for John the Communist.

in which case you're doomed.

(just kidding ;))

That's great.
My enthusiasm for people I meet lasts for about 10-18 days, tops.
It's usually nothing they've done wrong, it's just all me. :lbf:

Except of course, for John the Communist.

No, I'm doomed. Well aware of that.

Good luck with the communist. :)

Waking up and opening gifts, making a small Christmas dinner (Honeybaked ham :thumb: ) then driving to Las Vegas to celebrate with family.

I was excited to go visit my mother, until she told me today that her new boyfriend was my teacher in high school and he's coming over for the holidays. Greeeeeaaaattt.

Back
Top Bottom