Whatever Happened to Morrissey-scans?

nickbatcave

I never really took to researching The Smiths and Morrissey until recently, although I've been a fan for years. Now that I am more interested in collecting articles and such, Morrissey-scans is linked to a lot on the "Passions Just Like Mine" site, and I think I vaguely recall visiting it once before it shut down. Does anyone know what happened? I know some prominent Smiths sites have shut down, but the page leaves a reason or explanation, etc, but Morrissey-scans just seems to have disappeared. Also, does anyone know of a similar site? I know solo sometimes has some good scans, but I must admit, this site was really neat and convenient, but there is still some small success with accessing it through a web archive.

I never really took to researching The Smiths and Morrissey until recently, although I've been a fan for years. Now that I am more interested in collecting articles and such, Morrissey-scans is linked to a lot on the "Passions Just Like Mine" site, and I think I vaguely recall visiting it once before it shut down. Does anyone know what happened? I know some prominent Smiths sites have shut down, but the page leaves a reason or explanation, etc, but Morrissey-scans just seems to have disappeared. Also, does anyone know of a similar site? I know solo sometimes has some good scans, but I must admit, this site was really neat and convenient, but there is still some small success with accessing it through a web archive.
It's one site I didn't get round to saving all the content of.
The site stopped around '13 & Aly's activity here stopped in '14 - not really known as to why.
Archive sites are invaluable, but seldom get all the images - which on a scan site kind of defeats the object!
I've messaged Aly / ThisCharmlessGirl and repeated the sentiment here several times. Namely, I'd happily host the images if they would get them to me somehow - at my expense.
Just one of those things we will never know perhaps. This is why I now save every decent external site in full with an images cache too.
I can't really suggest an alternative, but if there's a burning question or image to locate - I'm sure we can get close to sorting it out for you.
Regards,
FWD.

It's one site I didn't get round to saving all the content of.
The site stopped around '13 & Aly's activity here stopped in '14 - not really known as to why.
Archive sites are invaluable, but seldom get all the images - which on a scan site kind of defeats the object!
I've messaged Aly / ThisCharmlessGirl and repeated the sentiment here several times. Namely, I'd happily host the images if they would get them to me somehow - at my expense.
Just one of those things we will never know perhaps. This is why I now save every decent external site in full with an images cache too.
I can't really suggest an alternative, but if there's a burning question or image to locate - I'm sure we can get close to sorting it out for you.
Regards,
FWD.
I try to save everything I can too (I scan a lot of the books I buy, and save all the high quality scans I can find to an external solid state drive), but there was so many nice scans on the site, it is truly sad.

Tags
interviews morrissey-scans scans
Back
Top Bottom