What's a good "starter" cd for a teen?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4260
  • Start date
I'm a 27 year old girl...?

I always assumed you were male..around 40 years old!? :)

I'd try to lure him in with some catchier, easier to grasp songs and then, once you have him in your sights, hit him with the good shit. Even if it's only one 13 year old, it is a victory nontheless. The more of us, the better, bwahahwahahahha (evil laugh)

Last edited:
So..putting together a JUST MOZ compilation for a 13 is fu**ing hard.
I'm a 27 year old girl...what I like is not what a 13 year old boy will like..
Should I put songs I like (which are usually NOT "the hits") or should I put "easy on the ear" songs like songs that were singles...
I want to put songs about accepting yourself and all that good stuff because he's having a tough time at school. (Kids pick on him because it got around he likes boys and kids are f**king cruel)

If anyone made a Moz mix cd to introduce someone to him can you tell me what your tracklisting was please?

Nevermind..I'm gonna slap together a Smiths cd...I just can't do it with solo Moz...I've got all the cds out trying to make a list and I feel Morrissey's solo stuff is gonna go WAY over the kids head...am I wrong?

well these songs about acept yourself kicking someone in the eye getting picked on in school etc are smiths songs as much as i love him solo these lyrics he wrote in the smiths days in my opion would apply better to a teenager(not only the lyrics but the music johnny wrote to,a litlte bit more "rock n roll") sometimes moz solo is a little to pop-esk to me (is popesk a word?-nevermind...hehe) i guess and in my opion a e morr quotable and dear to the heart think off songs like headmaster, girl afraid accept yourself bigmouth,sheila,etc

i would definetely put smiths songs on it...i wish i had known the smiths songs this age but i discovered him pretty late around 19 in the year 2000 ...

so dont forget about the songs that saved your life eh:)

Last edited:
I'd say Meat is Murder. I bought it when I was fourteen and I fell in love with it ever since. Yes!! It was my first Smiths cd, so I highly recommend it.

well these songs about acept yourself kicking someone in the eye getting picked on in school etc are smiths songs as much as i love him solo these lyrics he wrote in the smiths days in my opion would apply better to a teenager(not only the lyrics but the music johnny wrote to,a litlte bit more "rock n roll") sometimes moz solo is a little to pop-esk to me (is popesk a word?-nevermind...hehe) i guess and in my opion a e morr quotable and dear to the heart think off songs like headmaster, girl afraid accept yourself bigmouth,sheila,etc

i would definetely put smiths songs on it...i wish i had known the smiths songs this age but i discovered him pretty late around 19 in the year 2000 ...

so dont forget about the songs that saved your life eh:)

I agree completely!

So..putting together a JUST MOZ compilation for a 13 is fu**ing hard.
I'm a 27 year old girl...what I like is not what a 13 year old boy will like..
Should I put songs I like (which are usually NOT "the hits") or should I put "easy on the ear" songs like songs that were singles...
I want to put songs about accepting yourself and all that good stuff because he's having a tough time at school. (Kids pick on him because it got around he likes boys and kids are f**king cruel)

If anyone made a Moz mix cd to introduce someone to him can you tell me what your tracklisting was please?

You need to make it a trck-listing that has some of the most "easy on the ears" songs plus tracks that hint more fully at how interesting the World of Morrissey really is. Don't be afraid to put some more unexpected stuff on there, beyond the most radio-friendly songs (radio-friendly even though radio never played them...). I would put at least a taste of some live stuff on there including some Morrissey between-song banter. I'd also put a couple of his most unusual songs to show that if he dives into the whole discography there will be lots of cool surprises. You also have to make sure the whole disc works together as a whole, and select some sort of Morrissey pic for a cover, so you have your work cut out for ya!

I wish I felt like giving an example of a track-listing I'd do, but I'm wrapping presents tonight and drinking too much Johnnie Walker. Consider throwing in a "Who Put The M In Manchester" DVD so he can see what a Morrissey live performance is like.

Last edited:
My vote goes for Louder Than Bombs and Meat is Murder... in combo, if you go the route of proper albums. Or just make a mix cd or two of a bunch of songs. That's what I do. Just too much stuff being left out otherwise.

I ended up getting "the Best of Morrissey" for my cousin's bday. I wanted him to have a Smiths cd too though, so at the last minute I gave him my copy of "The World Won't Listen." I think those were good choices. he was pretty excited too. :)

Back
Top Bottom