What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

SAM_2978.jpg

Arc de Triomphe by Erich Maria Remarque.

I’ve just finished “HHhH” by Laurent Binet, and it was wonderfully good. Not a novel for everyone though.

“HHhH” is a fictional narrative of the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich, the “butcher of Prague”. The Nazi protectorate of Czechoslovakia. Binet simply fictionalises the history of the assassination, but the novel is almost autobiographical as the author himself takes on the narrative of telling the story. Binet visits the locations in Prague where the assassins hid. Where they were holed up until their death. Binet pores over photos of Heydrich. Binets looks closely at this cultured killer. Binet gets deeply under the skin of the assassins, Gabcik and Kubis almost taking on their personalities. He becomes an author obsessed with thinking about his characters. What they smelt like, what they were thinking, their lives, their mission and it all works really, really well. It’s a simple novel in its structure. Some might think it would be better just to read a non-fiction account of the occupation of Czechoslovakia and the assassination and I almost partly agree. Yet, this novel seems to contain so much more human passion about the events than any non-fiction book could.

A good read.

Articles on observation and assessment of subordinates in the workplace.

After that I want to reread the healthcare supreme court decisions.

I've been reading "Dude, Where's My Country" by Michael Moore. The book sounds like a joke title if you don't know who he is but he's really an intellectual that made a movie that cast serious doubts on the official version of 9/11 and Columbine.

I've been reading "Dude, Where's My Country" by Michael Moore. The book sounds like a joke title if you don't know who he is but he's really an intellectual that made a movie that cast serious doubts on the official version of 9/11 and Columbine.

I used to believe part of that too until I realized that Michael Moore is to the far left as Glenn Beck is to the far right. They are both panderers to ratings.

Try this movie. It is about a filmmaker who wants to track down a multi-millionaire and ask him to clarify some of the things that he says...
The multi-millionaire is Michael Moore himself.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1183735-1183735-michael_moore_hates_america/

I'm reading Lords of Chaos by Michael Moynihan about the black metal scene in Norway during the '90s. Satanism, church burnings and murder. It's creepy.

I read Lords Of Chaos a few years ago. It was very interesting to say the least. I actually bought a few black metal CDs after I read it.

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom