What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

I read Lords Of Chaos a few years ago. It was very interesting to say the least. I actually bought a few black metal CDs after I read it.

It's bringing up a lot of good points for me after this whole James Holmes shooting incident.
According to lords of chaos horror films and books were banned in Norway in the '90s. I don't think people should blame films for when people do bad stuff. They'll do it anyway.
This book put it pretty succinctly for me that people do bad things with or without violent culture because some people are just wired that way.

I'm still reading lords of chaos and in between [can't take that one to the beach it would be weird] I'm reading Clash of the Kings in the Songs of Fire and Ice series.

I've been spending way too much time driving back and forth from LA to Palm Springs the last two days and have been listening to this:

20080924-me-talk-pretty-one-day.jpg

The book is genius reading, but the audio version is fantastic, especially the story about his midget guitar teacher. He sings commercial jingles in the voice of Billy Holliday that had me almost driving off the road I was laughing so hard. I definitely recommend Sedaris's audio books.

sixsmiths-gn-cover.jpg

I just read this, The Sixsmiths by J Marc Schmidt and Jason Franks.

A very well done taste of what Satanism is in a safe environment, the worshipping of the corporeal as opposed to the ethereal. Lots of amazing parallels to more standard congregations of worshippers and a look at the downside of preying to a material Godhead. Granted MANY Satanists are idiots, but SMART satanists who practice ritual magic could identify with a lot of the issues tackled in this quick read. It's also obviously humorous, but an excellent look at Satanism for someone who would be leary just uttering the word "Satan."

PS The book also brought to light the word "Smith" means maker, never thought of that obvious thing before, The Makers.

daybreak2.jpg

Daybreak by Brian Ralph

Excellent graphic novel if you're into the zombie genre of thought. Very well done and illustrated with a lovely consistency.

Uncanny Avengers #1

poverty-study-town-life-benjamin-seebohm-rowntree-paperback-cover-art.jpg

The study was conducted in 1899 in York. Rowntree and his helper paid a visit to more than 11.000 families, to gather information about their housing, occupation, earnings, and children. He wanted “to throw some light upon the conditions which govern the life of the wage-earning classes in provincial towns, and especially upon the problem of poverty”.
Very insightful.

Glacial Period by Nicolas De Crecy

glacialcov.jpg

Halfway done, gotta read it gangbusters so I can return it to the library today, it's insanely beautiful and intriguing. The plot is about some explorers and talking dogs from the future who are trying to figure out our society. They just stumbled upon a museum and are wondering why we painted women in the nude, etc..

the last disc novel I have yet to read:
Snuff_cover_low.jpg

there is no "Discworld" character I identify with more, and I read this book with sadness because not only will there be no more of Sam Vines but,
almost as importantly
s.jpg

no more Susan! I adore her so, and reading with my reading of "Thief of Time" just prior to this, I have been filled with such melancholy :tears:
for now there shall no more character for any of these characters I love so...

Last edited:
no one reads here anymore :confused: (mostly) just pointless arguing between about 5 or 6 people :rolleyes:
anyways, I have about a hundred pages left in an incredible book:
Reamde_stephenson_williammorrow_2011.jpg

it may be my new favorite book of his :thumb:

The Stories of Breece D'J Pancake.

506144.jpg

I'm reading a biography on Moses Maimonides. He's a Talmudic Scholar who has mastered the art of the phonetic reading of the Torah. He's quoted a lot in the books I've read for years, as a normal man he has a fascinating life. I'm under the impression he spoke The Language of the Birds but applied it to his Torah studies as opposed to pop culture like what I do. Fascinating read. I'm not reading this particular edition so the translation might be different, but I'm loving Heschel's style.

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom