What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

I just finished "Profondo Nero" (2009), by the Italian journalists Giuseppe Lo Bianco & Sandra Rizza. It has a new (well... it's a transcript a of real interview, but posterior to an earlier confession of july2008) interview with Pino la rana, aka Giuseppe (Pino) Pelosi, the one who self-confessed the murder on PP Pasolini, and then retracted.

He offers the names of 2 of the 5 men who, according to his new(er) version, killed Pasolini.

Both men are dead.

I always hated reading,I still find it difficult to concentrate on a novel unless it is totally gripping...I read history books because I can remember where I left off easier,so Im reading the ABC of reading by Ezra Pound...it's hillarious and so has me gripped. :)

What about historical novels that are factual?I've loads of them.

article

It feels a bit bizarre and pointless reading it, seeing as most of my friends could tell me about what happened anyway. And it's kind of depressing, because it's another thing that I missed...yeah, I don't think I like it much!

I love Sarah Waters. I have not been able to get into Affinity despite several tries, though.

Thanks for the tip! I'll look for her new one.

Affinity is my least favorite book of hers. I did get into it but as a whole it was unfulfilling. Tipping the velvet is one of my favorite books (it says something to me about my life :)), and Fingersmith is great too.

I like it that she experiments with different types of settings and book structures, but I hope she will write again about Victorian England. I love it.

41V11GT7PHL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Just skimming through it, really.

EDIT: I'm reading it online and have discovered that this isn't the REAL book.

Last edited:
Oh god. Please don't die! The Anarchist Cookbook is one of the worst books ever written. I think you're a valuable contributor to the forum, so please don't try anything... :thumb:

Oh don't worry I won't! :lbf: My BF tried a bunch of that stuff in high school, he actually got in a LOT of trouble over it. They apparently don't like when you bring it to school. :eek:

Or if you start a site promoting anarchy and the school finds it. He found out that's looked down on as well.

Oh dear. I would have thought that there's very little the school can do about things you do out of school though? I'm not sure, it might be different in America...but over here, school life and out of school life are pretty seperate.

41V11GT7PHL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Just skimming through it, really.

EDIT: I'm reading it online and have discovered that this isn't the REAL book.

back in the day I had a friend who had one he had made all these notations showing people how to really make a lot of the things listed in it
we xeroxed those notes of his a bunch of times(usually @ school) :D

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GlKL_EpnSp8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GlKL_EpnSp8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Mother Night - Kurt Vonnegut

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GlKL_EpnSp8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GlKL_EpnSp8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Mother Night - Kurt Vonnegut

awesome video :D
and MR, is "Mother Night" your 1st Vonnegut book? :)
if so, I suggest
BreakfastOfChampions(Vonnegut).jpg

next :thumb:

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom