What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

I just read about this book and maybe it is a book for me. It is about 90's Sweden and the life of a indie fan. The title is taken from one of my favourite bands back then, Popsicle, and their breakthrough single.

It deals with, amongst other things, what makes life worth living.
hey-princess.jpg

I just read about this book and maybe it is a book for me. It is about 90's Sweden and the life of a indie fan. The title is taken from one of my favourite bands back then, Popsicle, and their breakthrough single.

It deals with, amongst other things, what makes life worth living.
hey-princess.jpg

Blue princesses don't exist. Enjoy Pernilla.

Im' reading (well, listening) book #4 of the series Mapp and Lucia. I'm enjoying it a lot, it's very funny (and quite old). All little bourgeois are the same everywhere: important things happen around them all the time while they are thinking about insignificant things. That's the kind of book I'd love to write. Why upsetting in front of some things, when we just could laugh at them. It's healthier. The author seems to be a character by himself.

I am, everyday. Who are you enjoying other than books and music?

Blue blood princesses are a myth, yes. But when down a princess can indeed be blue.

LOL

Nobody cares. Thanks God. I don't undertand the second paragraph, sorry. If it was a joke, I've lost it.

im going to visit the the frankfurt bookfair this sunday. france is host country this year, and i hope to discover more of the french culture that i admire, namely the class-conscious and sociologically and also psychologically insightful culture produced by those who were able to rise up the social ladder but at the same time refuse to give in to the pressure of conformity, like e.g. distancing yourself from your roots and laughing about them, or the belief that a dream boosted by loans, materialism as a substitute for education and understanding, is a satisfying compensation for true liberty. i thought the guys on that french tv5 show were an epitome of exactly that sort of paltry behavoir mimicking an idea of french savoir vivre steeped deeply in bourgeois contempt with a total lack of a vision for a better society.

didier eribon is going to be in frankfurt too, so i hope to get a hold of him. he writes about his shame arising from his social background, his homosexuality and of being an intelligent person and his climbing up the social ladder into the cultural elite that has never accepted him as the person he is

Wow!

A post that sums up a lot of the things on my mind in recent years. I watch people like that and they all seem so miserably happy, like good on the outside but crying a river inside.

We will all soon pay for their consumption when everything comes crashing down.

People who drop their accent to fit in somewhere else lose everything they are and end up single in a big city where they cry themselves to sleep every night but their social media accounts screams of success.

md19309486922.jpg

I remember reading this book when I was 15 and ending up completely traumatized by it, now that I'm 21 -and a huge Nick Cave- fan I decided to read it again

Currently reading... Open Up and Bleed, an Iggy Pop biog (boring, so far - and we're into The Stooges period already - writer's style doesn't help either) and Ali Smith's Winter, which I need to get the hang of (just started). But it looks promising.

Last edited:
Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom