What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

The Areas of My Expertise - John Hodgman.

if you do not know him ,he plays the p.c. in those mac commercials and is always on the daily show.

its hilarious.

Odd Hours, by Dean Koontz. Which doesn't come out until May 20.

Man, I love advance copies! :D

cover

oooh oooh oooh, theres a NEW one???
im asuming its the 'Odd' from the other books the same character right?

ive been waiting for a new one... :cool:

oooh oooh oooh, theres a NEW one???
im asuming its the 'Odd' from the other books the same character right?

ive been waiting for a new one... :cool:

Odd Hours, by Dean Koontz. Which doesn't come out until May 20.

Man, I love advance copies! :D

cover

bysshe! I am SOOOO envious! I LOVE advance copies!!!! Still waiting for my "Morrissey, The Pageant Of His Bleeding Heart." I should get it this week or next week. Cannot wait! I don't even CARE if it's a trade paperback!

I started reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold last night. Got between a third and halfway through it. Its a book that I've heard a lot of hype about, but wasn't sure what to expect. I have enjoyed it so far. Its gripping, and made me want to continue reading. I will probably finish it tonight. While I was reading, I was a bit worried that it would give me nightmares, and was questioning whether reading it before going to sleep was such a good idea. But, nothing happened...that I remember anyway. :)

Alice Sebold is such a great author. But that one is pretty scary. She is a very brave woman.

I'm still "tropped head" "slumbwhere" in the literature of Finnegans Wake. dimb! dumb! dud. :rolleyes: However, I snagged a copy of Eugene Onegin from the library today to read through before hearing the opera. Small respite.

Also purchased these paperbacks for $1 each:
Despair - Vladimir Nabokov
Transcendence (ed. Herbert Richardson & Donald Cutler)
Postmodernism and Education - Robin Usher & Richard Edwards
Man and the State - Jacques Maritain

I'm reading a book by a poet I know, called, "The Urinals Of Hell" (by Joe Pachinko) it's crude, crass and hilarious. :D

moby dick - herman melville

a fave of mine growing up,I used to wanna be ahab,haha,and would pretend i was him and go out in my families rowboat in search of the white whale.I even made a pegleg and would bend my leg up and attach the pegleg.I was a srange little boy,still am....

:o:rolleyes:

Alice Sebold is such a great author. But that one is pretty scary. She is a very brave woman.

I haven't read anything else by her, but I want to. :)

I am nearing the end of The Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer. I have read his A Child Called It before, and then A Man Named Dave...so I am reading the middle one of the three parts last...oh well :)

I haven't read anything else by her, but I want to. :)

I am nearing the end of The Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer. I have read his A Child Called It before, and then A Man Named Dave...so I am reading the middle one of the three parts last...oh well :)

What do you think of the Pelzer trilogy?

I read them in order and I was horrified by his treatment in the first book, but David seems to be releasing new self-help books every year, and the cynic in me says he's milked the cash-cow for long enough :rolleyes:

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom